Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
But she is refusing to lose weight to help the situation, regardless of who has the issues. A sensitive topic, and it’s not right to point ‘blame’ but by knowing she isn’t entitled to help until she slims down she is halting all support out there. And for that she is stopping him having a chance at fatherhood.
True, she would be a better candidate for IVF if she lost weight to within the guidelines for BMI for that particular procedure. Perhaps that would give them a way of having a baby, perhaps it wouldn’t. Perhaps they have decided they would rather carry on with the life they currently lead and that having a child isn’t as much of a priority if it means drastic changes. I doubt that’s the case when she clearly still feels such visceral emotion about it.

I would challenge the statement that she is denying him the chance to be a parent. He’s a grown man making his own choices. He chooses to stay.

Reactions: 2

Sundevil77

Chatty Member
Nothing is wrong with men buying tigjts if that's what they wish to do, its a little more than just men buying tights though. I myself am not 100% sure what on earth is going on, but what I've seen is not that pleasant - just saying what I have seen, thank you.
I'm so glad to hear this and honestly thought it was me. The photos are unreal and hundreds of women comment telling them what a beautiful woman they are meantime women post and get a handful of comments

Such a frumpy dress and those slip on leather shoes are the kind of thing she has to wear coz she probably can’t teach her feet to do up her shoes anymore. Worst influencer style ever!
Yep! And remember she posted a photo where her little toe was outside the shoe strap aswell! 😩
The way she laughs about having a mental breakdown, not funny, when it's a serious issue for some, not just not being able to bend down to fasten your damn shoe when you're in your 30s 🙄
Screenshot_20240315_182850.jpg

• Heart

melonsandlemons

VIP Member
Those dresses are hideous. Lauras figure doesn't suit the style of dress she wears. I'm not sure if she needs bigger sizes or a different style, but she has a figure that looks like she is wearing a rubber ring for the pool around her middle and the dresses she's wearing just accentuate it. I'm sure there are other more flattering styles that she could be wearing. In fairness she doesn't properly turn or make effort to show the garments but from how she stands and what she does show just looks awful. She says she's comfortable but looks far from it and zero effort to show them off. Bar lifting her leg in the red dress to show her leg, she simply (be) stood like a statue. A lazy effort. If Simply Be weren't flavour of the month for their sponsorship and sending her flowers she would be criticising their campaign of small sized models in advertising. She changes with the breeze (& depending on where the next pay cheque is coming from).
She has the same figure as another plus size influencer, I can’t remember her name but she had a very odd shape too. Laura something I think? She literally has a spare tyre.

lissy8219

VIP Member
Laura probably just doesn't want to exercise because she is afraid. Afraid to be seen in sportswear out and about, afraid to be seen moving her body, afraid to enter a gym. She's probably triggered by Lauren making an effort to move every day too. She's getting left behind and she knows it.
Yes- but also it takes effort, motivation and a huge amount of dedication she is lacking in all three.
I can imagine it would be daunting going as she is, but everyone is new once and literally NO ONE would care/pay her any attention as everyone will be engrossed in their own workouts/etc. I think if she actually went she would enjoy it as it is very addictive.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
It's only a problem when she starts having health issues. If it's not a big deal now then there's no reason she needs to worry, I guess? I do notice that a lot of plus size influencers don't seem to leave the house much at all, even the ones that have a dog that surely you'd walk every day but it seems like they don't bother with that.
But that’s the thing, you never know when you will have any type of medical emergency. You literally don’t know. You can get in a car accident or get hit by a car or literally go into cardiac arrest without any prior warning.
and just being the weight she is comes with more risks to begin with.

Ladeepfriedmarsbar

FINALLY Laura is talking about doing more baking on her Instagram - yes Laura! This is the content we want to see! You don’t need to feel like an imposter because you were a finalist on the biggest baking show on TV. Whereas you are an imposter at your current job because you encourage women to buy clothes that don’t even fit you.
Ooh, I really hope she does. I am so there for the baking!

lissy8219

VIP Member
Does she wear Asda clothes?
I was just looking earlier and was stunned at the sizes of items. She would probably be about a 18 in the dresses I saw. I'm 5m preg and bought a size12 (im not one of those ppl who have compact bumps either + i have quite a few children lol so not small by any means!)😱😱😱
Their sizes are way way off.
I tried on both dresses at home *changing rooms were closed and I thought inappropriate to do a Laura/Lauren adhoc store try on!*
Both dresses went back today. Went around me and my rather large bump nearly 2 x! Insane!

earlgrey

VIP Member
I felt a bit of tension on their last podcast, didn’t Laura cut her off in the middle of her talking saying she was bored or something? It felt like it was a joke that didn’t really come off like a joke.

• Wow
Surely it's easier to drop a dress size than it is to campaign for brands to make bigger clothes? Years back (I'm a short arse who likes food) Next Petites only went up to a size 16 and it was the best diet incentive in the world knowing that if I ever got to the stage I couldn't fit in to them then I would never be able to find something nice in the right length ever again! I credit Next with my not having ever ended up massively overweight back in the day!
I think she wants to ensure there are sizes available for her, if she continues to gain weight. Staying at a certain size doesn't seem to be for her, she wants the flexibility. Listen, women especially, always fluctuate in size based on lots of things like menstruation, menopause, stress, lots of things. So no shade on that. But being clear about inclusivity means committing to saying something like inclusive brands ranges will be from 4 to 30, not lambast non-inclusivity but not verbalise what inclusive looks like. She's such an irritant.

SheLeft

VIP Member
Can anyone afford to buy these dresses? I dont spend that money on a dress unless it was an occasion
People do certainly comment on her reels that they are going to buy the dress. A few also comment it's too pricey. But there will definitely be people out there maybe saving up for a dress for a special occasion and are looking to Laura for inspiration. She's definitely making cash from those affiliate links. It's better to sell 1 pricey dress than 10 cheap-as-shit supermarket dresses.