Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
I wonder how much of a sponsorship they put in though, have they put money in or are they just supplying free clothes for the try on , if do then it's a genius cheap marketing campaign for them
Hard to guesstimate without knowing ticket prices for the event. I don’t think they are actual financially sponsoring the event though. They will be giving clothes and/or maybe some freebies. There will be some gift bags probably and i doubt they are the only sponsors.

But both Lottie and Laura worked with Next before and flogged their cheap stuff big time. Given that Next wasn’t doing that well recently, I can’t see them parting ways with large chunks of cash.

notSUBmissive

VIP Member
I have seen them yes, and I agree the use of word is horrendous, even to describe your own self.
However the tone of the last few posts about how people with this particular type of fat accumulation in the lower stomach region must be lazy because its consequence of sitting down too much is absolutely ridiculous and actually quite offensive really.
Women / people the world over have this type of stomach area in big, medium and small proportions - NOT necessarily because they are morbidly overweight - is the point I was trying to make.
I didn't say fat people with excessive stomach fat are all lazy and my reasoning had nothing to do with morbid obesity, i suggested that sitting for long periods of time could be a reason for fat in the lower stomach area getting pushed into a certain area imo.

I used to as big as both Laura's and my stomach didn't hang down in the apron position. At my biggest I was and am very active. It was my opinion that sitting down alot like what laura loves definitely does, may cause the excessive stomach apron (as she calls it instead of the "g**t) that these two women have due to fat being squeezed into that area by the prolonged pressure of sitting. I may be completely wrong about why on some peoples fat can be excessive in the bottom of the stomach. It isn't a taboo subject, these women make a living from being duplicitous about their weight and deserve all the criticism levied at them in all regards as they themselves do the plus size community a disservice imo.

As neither women have had children the explanation for their apron stomachs is here...

Attachments

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
Same! I have some original snags that are 6yrs old and still going strong. But ones I bought more recently the elastic has gone and they roll down. I'm disappointed because they were sooo good but the quality has really gone!
Also don't like that they use male models and the weird fetish stuff they've got into. I want to see how they look on women's bodies like mine.
Yes they roll down so much I end up with it all bunched / wrinkled up behind my knees 😑
I also think the material quality has gone down hill too, my old 120 denier ones are a lot thicker than thr newer ones in the same denier.
Ill try Marks next winter

lissy8219

VIP Member
Does she wear Asda clothes?
I was just looking earlier and was stunned at the sizes of items. She would probably be about a 18 in the dresses I saw. I'm 5m preg and bought a size12 (im not one of those ppl who have compact bumps either + i have quite a few children lol so not small by any means!)😱😱😱
Their sizes are way way off.

Tu at Sainsbury’s is incredible and she should focus on working with them. They’re quite inclusive in that they stock from size 6-26 in store, and charge the same prices. They’re pretty good quality and would say they are generous in size, too (I’m a size 20-22 and their size 18s fit me well) she should focus on those brands that more people can access, both from a shopping locally on the high street, and a budget perspective. That monsoon dress needed to be ‘sized up’ (read, bought in the correct size) at least twice to fit how it’s supposed to. And that’s okay, if she feels as though she doesn’t want to try and lose weight, at least wear things that fit!
---
View attachment 2822604
Also, while I get what she’s saying about BooHoo and fast fashion places, she’s wrong. I’ve had some boohoo stuff for YEARS, washed hundreds of times and they’re still fine. They just fit a bit small
Size 24 is as big as the dress runs, she couldn't size up.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Also imo Next clothes come up very big.
Yeah, I usually take an 18 in Next and have two dresses from there in a 16. I’d say I was a 20 and in Asda a 22.

Laura’s idea of workwear is not mine and I live in a country which is much more causal than the UK for stuff like that.

lissy8219

VIP Member
I mean, that’s just not true about weight and fertility, is it?

A private British clinic would not automatically cut you off for a BMI of 40+. That person went to Greece because it’s cheaper, most likely.
apologies I had thought that even private ivf clinics In the uk would not treat higher bmi.
Yes likely to have been cheaper in Greece

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
It could be bad makeup, but also Laura has said before that she has PCOS and people with PCOS can suffer from something called acanthosis nigricans which makes the skin look darker/thicker. It tends to be in places like the groin and armpits, wherever there are skin folds, but I think you can get it on other parts of the body too
That's so interesting, I have pcos but don't have anything like this - apart from when I was pregnant,. My armpits went black! Even the midwife was shocked. Returned to normal once he was born
Think we all to some degree have discolour if that is even the right word to areas like armpits, groin etc

Tamara

VIP Member
Notice how Laura didn’t turn around and show the stretchy back ? Probably because it stretched to the max, didn’t show much room was at the front.

Re the red dress - it’s all wrong on Laura - her tummy is bigger than her boobs
IMG_0604.jpeg

IMG_0603.jpeg

Dress too tight across the stomach the pockets are not fitting flat and are sticking outwards makes her look wider.

Ladeepfriedmarsbar

If you read Twitter, the outcry from women stopping buying anything Nike branded because of Dylan Whatserface being used in an ad took me totally by surprise.

Pinkpenguinx

Chatty Member
Yep I mean we are buying new tights not like they have been worn by someone else.... are people going to stop buying dresses because of how other people wear them 🤣
The quality of snag tights is not what it used to be.
I had a couple of pairs from years ago which have lasted me a long time. I bought a new pair recentish and what a difference in quality and fit, im not plus size so cant comment on that I bought because I'm tall but unfortunately the quality isn't as good anymore.
I am not sure its just the association with the fetishism people / market that puts people off, there has been some very parculiar messeges being put out by the brand owner or the person in charge of the company, unsure which.
So I think there is a lot more to it that just other people wearing the tights as you put it that put people off the brand. Perhaps join the snag tights Facebook page and have a delve into it if you fancy 🙂