Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melonsandlemons

VIP Member
I’ve been in her shoes. Going through IVF, weight loss was a huge factor and a big amount to lose. I’m not near where I need to be exactly but at almost 8st down from my heaviest it’s a good chunk. I’ll keep going until I hit those NHS markers. No I don’t agree with them, yes I think they’re out dated BUT it’s also what I’m being measured against for a much longer for baby. And for that I’ll do anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Tamara

VIP Member
How is that a little black dress though?
If it was little it wouldn’t fit her.
---
IMG_0333.jpeg
IMG_0334.jpeg
IMG_0335.jpeg

A bit tight is bustling at the seems. If you sat down it I’m sure it would rip. Look how tight it is across the stomach as well. It’s pleated but the pleats are so stretched it’s not hanging right. Size up so it’s fits or if that’s the biggest size then don’t wear stuff you’re bursting out of. Clothes that are too small just makes her look even bigger.
IMG_0336.jpeg
This dress is £150 from Monsoon. As you can see it has pleats in it. This is how it’s supposed to look so she is trying to squeeze into a size 24 when she says she is a 26. It’s too small she can’t size up as 24 is their cut off point. She says she has linked it on SB simply be as they have 20% off at the moment.
If you read here Laura buy clothes that fit your body not ones that will rip as soon as you sit down in them.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
As a long time follower and supporter of Laura, I’ve followed these threads purely out of curiosity of other people’s opinions of her. But I have to say, her recent content is just ridiculous. She’s more than happy to slag off brands who don’t have extended sizing but will happily squeeze herself into too small dresses as long as she’s getting those affiliate link clicks 🙄🙄

I initially followed her because I loved her on Bake off and I was pleased to see a fellow plus size gal wearing and advertising fashion that I could picture myself wearing but enough is enough now. Laura love, you look an absolute twat because they simply don’t fit you! She’s lost all credibility as an influencer in my opinion.

Reactions: 31

Furnessian

VIP Member
So the show is sponsored by Fatface which only go up to a size 24 and Laura is a 26. You couldn’t make it up.

She is so fucking two-faced

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Riddlemethis

VIP Member
Genuinely curious, after the gastric sleeve how do you consume the amount of calories an adult person needs after a gastric sleeve/WLS? X
I don’t think you can. That’s why those who do have it have to take vitamins, they lose hair, the dumping syndrome can affect your blood sugars and you can suffer malnutrition. It should purely be used as a life saving tool.
Ive lost nearly 11 stone now, so many times I wanted to get the surgery but was put off with the after effects and in the end for me it wasn’t the fat that’s the problem, it’s the brain. I had to seriously fix my issues with food and why I was the way I was. I also had good motivators of wanting a family and to be out of the pain my body was in with carrying me at my heaviest. I loved and valued myself at all the sizes I’ve been but I wanted more and finally believed in myself.
I don’t think Laura wants to lose weight and if thats good for her then I genuinely hope she lives a long and happy life, nobody needs to do anything they don’t want to. I don’t believe she’s happy though as it’s all over her face, there is way more to it.
I think moving into the plus size influencer role is a self fulfilling prophecy to her where she shouts into an echo chamber on insta and that suits her instead of dealing with her emotions of why.
I know I’ll ruffle feathers but the militant (not all) bopo community are full of people using body positivity as a reason to eat and put on weight whilst saying it’s in the name of being positive about any body and slagging people with smaller bodies.
Im so happy that people like Kirsty (bobalong) are starting to show that it isn’t black and white and that weight loss, movement and loving your body can exist together. I’d love to see more people showing that balance instead of the extremes of either toxic diet culture or bopo influencers saying you can’t love your body and lose weight at the same time.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

bracrumbs

Chatty Member
No, I don’t like it when the thread gets fat-bashy. Lots of us started watching Laura because we’re plus size and she used to wear some lovely dresses whilst baking. People asking about those led to the transition to fashion vlogging.

the problem is that there’s a different between having some pretty dresses which I suspect Laura likes wearing best but you can’t do ‘fashion’ solely on that (people on here moan about it!) and then having to wear the slightly more fashion-forward stuff which Laura clearly hates. Because, despite everything she says, she doesn’t want to dress to embrace her body, she wants to flatter it. Which is the pretty midi dresses!
So she ends up telling us she accepts her body whilst showing us clothes only face-on and from a funny angle.

she’s made her money but I suspect she’d have been much happier just continuing to show us pretty midi dresses whilst baking.

• Heart

Tamara

VIP Member
IMG_0344.jpeg

This is a Fat face dress she isn’t a fan on the ruffled bit.
But when she was gifted it back in January 26th she was gifted this exact same dress but in another colour.
This is what she said then she loved the ruffle detail as it hides her stomach.
IMG_0345.jpeg
IMG_0351.jpeg
IMG_0354.jpeg
IMG_0355.jpeg
IMG_0350.jpeg
she just isn’t genuine. She loved the ruffle detail in January’s gifted Fatface dresses. But isn’t a fan in March of the ruffle that hides the tummy she is conscious of.

Last edited:
  • Angry

Tamara

VIP Member
IMG_0683.jpeg
IMG_0682.jpeg
IMG_0680.jpeg

Laura has ripped/burst out of the dress look at the front it’s ripped as she tried to squeeze into another dress that’s way too small for her.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Amanda.C

Thread title suggestion:

Wears floral dresses and swimsuits with so much pride, but we never see how they look from the side

• Haha
  • Heart
That dress is an example of upsizing standard sizes not working. It needs more space in the bust so that it finishes under bust rather than hitting across it. If you look at it on the model it's not meant to sit like that at all. But they badly upsize without thinking about changing proportions to make it look similar.

And I am a size 22 so speak from experience. I don't want to see dresses like this. I want to see things cut to fit properly and I want my influencers to be honest about stuff.

RestingBunchFace

I feel like we are going round in circles with the conversations on this thread 🤦🏼‍♀️ I swear we’ve had the “if she really wanted kids she’d lose weight” discussion 3 or 4 times now!

Reactions: 24

Pandakitten

Chatty Member
Someone in the GLY group just asked if anyone knows of any plus size friendly hair salons. She doesn’t like the mirrors 🫠 How do these people actually cope with day to day life?

• Haha

Richip16

And there we go the pod is no more. Clearly something gone on between them too. My bet Laura got to big for her boots ( no pun intended 😂)

• Wow
  • Haha

HoochieMama

View attachment 2861922Arm bulk tight Too tight across the bust and shoulders. View attachment 2861923
The gingham dress is way to tight across the bus the buttons are bursting wear your size Laura stop trying to squeeze in to a size that’s too small for you.
View attachment 2861924
The pink beach dress is too short at the back you would see her knickers or chub rub shorts. She has photoshopped her legs again!!
All M and S all size 24 squeezing into them all again. They are all too small and will be very tight across the back. She is a size 26!! Marks and Spencer stop at a size 24.
View attachment 2861972How it’s supposed to look. Loose and flowing. View attachment 2861983View attachment 2861984View attachment 2861986Not bulk tight on the model. Laura squeezed into it as it has an elastcated back.
Not that I want to stick up for Laura as she is insufferable most of the time but to be fair to her she did not claim to be a size 24 she just said she ordered these in a 24 as the styles are a bit more forgiving and she even admits herself the gingham dress is snug across her bust.

i also think it’s a bit pointless comparing how a dress looks on her to how it looks on a size 6 model with what looks like a very flat chest. Anyone with boobs bigger than an A cup is going to fill out the top of the dress.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She's whingeing now it's Mother's Day about feeling 'empty and sad'. Granted we have no knowledge other than what she stated (about being told to lose 14 stones for fertility help) but if she was really really serious about trying to become a mother she'd be putting her energy she spends wallowing, moping and feeling sorry for herself, into cleaning up her diet, relationship with exercise and building out a regime to get her health and fitness on some sort of track. She makes a mockery of people with genuine struggles who have killed themselves doing everything possible to maximise their chances.

• Heart

FloellaB

Chatty Member
IMG_4057.jpeg

Ok tattlers own up. Which one of you is moanymel and posted this under the Bridgerton same dress different bodies reel? 😂

• Haha

Furnessian

VIP Member
A paid ad from Sainsbury’s TU, where all but two of the garments featured have a top size of 24 and even those two have no availability in a 26 online. Happy to take their money even though they don’t make her size in many things (she does not point this out, unsurprisingly).

The shirt and trench coat do not fasten, hence why she is wearing them open. Money talks, eh Laura?

• Wow

Furnessian

VIP Member
Someone in the GLY group just asked if anyone knows of any plus size friendly hair salons. She doesn’t like the mirrors 🫠 How do these people actually cope with day to day life?

If she is asking about chair size then fine. But everyone looks like a walrus in a hairdresser’s mirror. Get a grip.

• Haha