Laura Adlington #4 Dream house, dream job AND still a miserable, moaning, ungrateful whinger

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done notSUBmissive on the Thread tittle!

Recap:
- She’s bought a brand new 1mil + house but is still moaning
- they started doing a pond in the new garden which resulted in ‘one of the worst weeks of her life’ as she apparently didn’t know there was strict rules around new builds (who buys a house at that price and doesn’t check!)
- She’s still finding everything and anything to moan about

Feel free to add anything I have missed
(Not set a thread up before so hope I have done this right! )

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Well done notSUBmissive on the Thread tittle!

Recap:
- She’s bought a brand new 1mil + house but is still moaning
- they started doing a pond in the new garden which resulted in ‘one of the worst weeks of her life’ as she apparently didn’t know there was strict rules around new builds (who buys a house at that price and doesn’t check!)
- She’s still finding everything and anything to moan about

Feel free to add anything I have missed
(Not set a thread up before so hope I have done this right! )
And she thought she did something groundbreaking by announcing a hashtag campaign involving people trying on clothes too small for them

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I quite liked one of the monsoon dresses so I looked it up. £130!!!!! And the reviews said it was rubbish so I clicked out. Honestly.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Here she goes again, promoting a company who do not make clothing in her size. Anyone ask her if they stock the larger sizes “on the high street”?

She will shill anything, won’t she?

Edited to say the first two don’t fit her (sit down in them, Laura) and the last two barely. They’re lovely dresses though.

Reactions: 15
She’s just replied to someone asking about sizing on her latest post and said she’s a size 26. Is this a new admission?

Reactions: 3
That denim dress is like a baby doll on her. No wonder shes hiding the length. If you look at it on the website the waist is quite low. She squishes herself into it and it's an empire line. She responded to someone, saying they are generous and she fits into a 24. So stockmysize really was stocklaurassize as I'm sure all the size 28+ are thrilled she can squeeze into it for a bit of cash and then never wear them outside because THEY DON'T FIT!
---
She’s just replied to someone asking about sizing on her latest post and said she’s a size 26. Is this a new admission?
No she's admitted that for ages but shills for places that only do up to 24

Reactions: 11
I quite liked one of the monsoon dresses so I looked it up. £130!!!!! And the reviews said it was rubbish so I clicked out. Honestly.
Yep me too 😱
---
That denim dress is like a baby doll on her. No wonder shes hiding the length. If you look at it on the website the waist is quite low. She squishes herself into it and it's an empire line. She responded to someone, saying they are generous and she fits into a 24. So stockmysize really was stocklaurassize as I'm sure all the size 28+ are thrilled she can squeeze into it for a bit of cash and then never wear them outside because THEY DON'T FIT!
---

No she's admitted that for ages but shills for places that only do up to 24
The denim dress looked ridiculous, shes tall but even so what the hell

Reactions: 5
That dress is an example of upsizing standard sizes not working. It needs more space in the bust so that it finishes under bust rather than hitting across it. If you look at it on the model it's not meant to sit like that at all. But they badly upsize without thinking about changing proportions to make it look similar.

And I am a size 22 so speak from experience. I don't want to see dresses like this. I want to see things cut to fit properly and I want my influencers to be honest about stuff.

Reactions: 22
She should be embarrassed taking money for advertising clothes that don’t fit her. That denim dress is too small and not adjusted for a bigger busted. As well as being too short the arms are too tight.

016D37D8-C384-4760-85A8-D8A778DA34E7.jpeg
woman.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
She should be embarrassed taking money for advertising clothes that don’t fit her. That denim dress is too small and not adjusted for a bigger busted. As well as being too short the arms are too tight.

View attachment 2779959 woman.
It looks like a completely different dress on her and like it barely covers her backside. Holy heck… and she advertises this after her whole drama about not finding clothes that fit and look ok?!

Reactions: 18
Know your audience Laura, don’t you realise most of us prioritise bills, groceries etc over spending frivolous amounts on clothes, I earn a decent salary but couldn’t justify spending £130 on a dress from Monsoon - or Phase Eight / Seasalt. Other than TU does she advertise reasonably priced clothes?

Reactions: 15
Know your audience Laura, don’t you realise most of us prioritise bills, groceries etc over spending frivolous amounts on clothes, I earn a decent salary but couldn’t justify spending £130 on a dress from Monsoon - or Phase Eight / Seasalt. Other than TU does she advertise reasonably priced clothes?
All 3 of these brands go in the Next sale so if I ever get one it would always be from there. Would never buy full price (much like Laura I expect 😏).

Reactions: 5
I'm happy to buy from Seasalt as it's good quality, usually natural fibres and lasts, but I don't buy clothes often so I'm saving for it. I couldn't afford it at the rate she acquires new stuff.
---
What I’d really like a campaign on is not stocking sizes in shops, but designing the clothes properly in the first place. I’d like designers to think about how body shapes differ in large sizes and do things like adjust bust positioning or make things a little longer so your midi dress is actually still a midi dress at the back.

Or, for a really easy message, give us natural fibres! Plus size fashion is an unending parade of polyester horrors. Because what we need as fat people is fabrics that encourage sweating.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11