Laura Adlington #2 when you’re Laura, every silver lining has a cloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Expect a lot more of that in the coming months, we’re going to get bombarded with it.

Having looked at the chapter titles of the book, I don’t think she will have much new to say and I don’t think she believes much of it. I think we will see her go down the weightloss injections route soon, if not full blown WLS. No one would blame her at all but it doesn’t fit in with the book, does it?

Reactions: 6
All a farce for cash, she's delusional and promoting obesity. Looking at the size of her roast dinner on her stories and you wonder why..

Reactions: 7
Does anyone else want to
Rip their own head off when the infertility woman speaks on the podcast?! No one speaks
Like that all the time surely?! Also, could Laura look any more brain dead while ‘listening’

Reactions: 5
They’ve really missed the mark booking Katie Price for the podcast and I’m glad they’re being challenged on that decision in the comments. Fair play to Laura, they aren’t deleting the negative comments and she’s responding respectfully without getting defensive.

Reactions: 9
They’ve really missed the mark booking Katie Price for the podcast and I’m glad they’re being challenged on that decision in the comments. Fair play to Laura, they aren’t deleting the negative comments and she’s responding respectfully without getting defensive.
Both podcasts are by crowd network so it seems to be a behind the scenes decision to promote another prodcut from the same company. I think this is why Laura is much less defensive and arsey in her replies. Doesn't want to upset their bosses!

I don’t see how they have? Granted I don’t listen to it, I tried once when they had Gemma Styles on and got bored shitless after five minutes.

isn’t the podcast for women to discuss what makes them confident/ love themselves? For some people that is plastic surgery and injections and that’s absolutely fine. Or am I missing the point completely? Open to being wrong.

I don’t see how they have? Granted I don’t listen to it, I tried once when they had Gemma Styles on and got bored shitless after five minutes.

isn’t the podcast for women to discuss what makes them confident/ love themselves? For some people that is plastic surgery and injections and that’s absolutely fine. Or am I missing the point completely? Open to being wrong.
I’m also open to being disagreed with, I don’t think there is a right and wrong when it comes to opinions!

For me, the message that’s carried through their podcast is ‘the way you look is the least interesting thing about you’ and I don’t think that’s a sentiment that KP aligns with or shares.

I listen to most episodes of GLY and they’ve had some brilliant guests on but I won’t be listening to KP. No shade on her but like previous posters have said, her approach to life doesn’t really align with the ethos of the show.

I think their podcast company think we’re all idiots and figured they could just use GLY as a promotional platform for KP’s podcast and we’d all lap it up. But the listeners have seen straight through it and are pissed off that the show has been used as a PR tool. I feel for Lauren and Laura though because I doubt it was their decision and they have to do what the podcast company says if they want to keep their contract, but they’re now getting the blame for it.

Reactions: 4
I listen to most episodes of GLY and they’ve had some brilliant guests on but I won’t be listening to KP. No shade on her but like previous posters have said, her approach to life doesn’t really align with the ethos of the show.

I think their podcast company think we’re all idiots and figured they could just use GLY as a promotional platform for KP’s podcast and we’d all lap it up. But the listeners have seen straight through it and are pissed off that the show has been used as a PR tool. I feel for Lauren and Laura though because I doubt it was their decision and they have to do what the podcast company says if they want to keep their contract, but they’re now getting the blame for it.
As soon as I saw KP was on it I checked whether both podcasts have same producers. Its obvious as you say that they have used GLY as a promotion tool, but I don't feel for L&L because I bet they thought it was a brilliant boost to their reach to have an actual celeb on. They just got starstruck.

Reactions: 1
It’s a little ironic that Laura is there defending the toxic dieter KP being on the podcast (nevermind everything else that she is) when Laura was throwing passive aggressive digs at a bopo influencer a month or so ago because they wanted to lose weight for their health.

Very proud of the community for making their opinions known on this. Also thought Laura and Lauren dealt with it pretty well, even though they shouldn’t have had KP on in the first place. I doubt it was wholly their decision, though.

From my point of view I think Katie Price needs them more than they need her. Katie Prices career is on a massive downward spiral. Body positivity and all that world are the current hot topics. KP will never regain her ‘popularity’ due to her getting behind the wheel of a vehicle on multiple occasions on drink and drugs.She has a story to tell I suppose. But I hate the idea that all of this is manipulated by media companies just to give Katie Price a platform to get her career out of the doldrums and to make excuses on. Stop trying to make her famous again!! I wish Laura had put her foot down.

It’s a little ironic that Laura is there defending the toxic dieter KP being on the podcast (nevermind everything else that she is) when Laura was throwing passive aggressive digs at a bopo influencer a month or so ago because they wanted to lose weight for their health.
1000000%. It’s clear where Laura’s lines are when it comes to her values and it’s money. Threw Kirsty under the bus for wanting to diet. Did a collab with in the style while spouting about fast fashion. She’s as deep as a puddle

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I liked the first dress, the rest were awful… they’ve done the bananas in pajamas joke before 😴 the more I’m seeing the less I actually like her. She’s awful

She is bursting like a sausage out of its casing in the last dress. Hideous. I think this concept is done and tired now. Everything is the same just different colours and patterns. So boring. The aren't we so funny hysterical giggling is so cringe too.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I can’t understand why she doesn’t bake anymore. That’s what made her famous, and she really sucks at the fashion stuff. If you’re so sensitive, that you can’t bake a cake because of some online comments, then you shouldn’t be online!

Reactions: 15
You only have to flick through the Katie Price wiki on here to see how bad a decision it is to have her on any podcast. Laura is a massive sellout.

Reactions: 3
1000000%. It’s clear where Laura’s lines are when it comes to her values and it’s money. Threw Kirsty under the bus for wanting to diet. Did a collab with in the style while spouting about fast fashion. She’s as deep as a puddle
The in the style collab really bothered me, and I would be so mad if I was the owner of ITS. The lack of posting and mentioning it is unreal. I know she will have done whatever her contract said but you see other influencers actually showing a bit of passion about it and wear the line to the point you think they own no other clothes. She talked it up for a couple weeks then nothing apart from to say one of the dresses was heavily reduced. Surely that’s the last we’ll see if ITS!

Reactions: 13
Does she think the close up photos up her nostrils are cute or...?
And we know the front facing camera definitely sees a scowl not a grin if opened accidentally, so the lie detector determined that was a lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.