Laura Adlington #2 when you’re Laura, every silver lining has a cloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im going to try and explain this the best I can without meaning to offend anyone, but I really disagree with her latest story about how 'weight is not an indicator of health' etc..

Now I completely understand that for example everyone 25 stone isn't unhealthy, rugby players who are all muscle and eat clean, workout etc are different than someone the same weight and don't move all day and eat Mc Ds 3 times a day, however I feel Laura isn't the person who should be 'promoting' this idea. As far as I can tell from her stories she doesn't work out or even get her HR going at all. Even a fast walk for 10 mins is classed as exercise.

Excess weight, especially when it leads to obesity, can increase the risk of numerous health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, joint issues, this is a fact that people overweight do have more health issues.

So although weight doesn't dictate health, being overweight like Laura AND not choosing to eat healthier and exercise will lead to a decline in health.

The bit about less value I believe as health in many cases we don't choose, but don't think that relates to the issues above.

Long story short, no, weight doesn't equal health but lifestyle does and Laura is not someone who should be promoting her lifestyle.

Reactions: 29
Im going to try and explain this the best I can without meaning to offend anyone, but I really disagree with her latest story about how 'weight is not an indicator of health' etc..

Now I completely understand that for example everyone 25 stone isn't unhealthy, rugby players who are all muscle and eat clean, workout etc are different than someone the same weight and don't move all day and eat Mc Ds 3 times a day, however I feel Laura isn't the person who should be 'promoting' this idea. As far as I can tell from her stories she doesn't work out or even get her HR going at all. Even a fast walk for 10 mins is classed as exercise.

Excess weight, especially when it leads to obesity, can increase the risk of numerous health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, joint issues, this is a fact that people overweight do have more health issues.

So although weight doesn't dictate health, being overweight like Laura AND not choosing to eat healthier and exercise will lead to a decline in health.

The bit about less value I believe as health in many cases we don't choose, but don't think that relates to the issues above.

Long story short, no, weight doesn't equal health but lifestyle does and Laura is not someone who should be promoting her lifestyle.
I completely agree with the above.
This hits very close to home as my lovely aunt was diagnosed with bowel cancer recently and due to the fact she is very overweight they were unable to operate as it wouldn’t be safe, she also wasn’t eligible for chemotherapy as her blood pressure was very high as she had more than normal pressure on her lungs. The consultant who couldn’t have been more lovely and sympathetic said this was due to her weight. She sadly passed away yesterday. I’m not saying this to frighen anyone but weight directly impacted her health negatively 😥

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I completely agree with the above.
This hits very close to home as my lovely aunt was diagnosed with bowel cancer recently and due to the fact she is very overweight they were unable to operate as it wouldn’t be safe, she also wasn’t eligible for chemotherapy as her blood pressure was very high as she had more than normal pressure on her lungs. The consultant who couldn’t have been more lovely and sympathetic said this was due to her weight. She sadly passed away yesterday. I’m not saying this to frighen anyone but weight directly impacted her health negatively 😥
Sorry for your loss, its heartbreaking isn't it.

I recently had my 3rd child and for this pregnancy I was the heaviest weight I've ever been, I didn't feel unhealthy in the sense I felt like me but my clothes were tighter, however from my 8 week appointment to when I had my baby I was told I was high risk due to my weight.

The risks of everything increased purely because of my weight, bleeding, emergency section, gestational diabetes, high blood pressure etc I was shocked. All because I was now overweight it was a real eye-opener.

I feel like Laura is so against losing weight for some reason that she is damaging her health or at least increasing the risks for future health problems. She really should use her account to promote a healthier lifestyle, use her followers for encouragement and support, how great would you feel if you were her and knew you had the ability to empower people to become healthier.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Gosh yes, she really does. And with a bake off finalist daughter, she's given a Colin the Caterpillar cake 😑 make it make sense.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
This fits so horribly, I wish she would be honest about what size she needs!
It looks like a bin bag , horrendous sheeny shiny tit material which flatterers no one least of all a body type like Laura's .
Shes scraping the barrel for content with

• Haha
Reactions: 4
At least she tried on clothes that weren't just a dress. Although that black shiny one is not flattering to her in the least. I feel a bit sorry for her, am sure options are limited for her and only having a certain number of brands that she can shop with. Even a few stone off would change that for her, its all within her power. But it feels amazing how much more comfortable you are in your clothes when you have lost a few pounds. Am thinking about her saying the arms were a bit too tight on a couple of the garments.

Reactions: 2
Ok good on her for trying something different but they all looked varying levels of awful and ill fitting and the clothes that she liked did not fit and looked shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve lost a fair bit of weight in the last 2 plus yrs, I still have 2st to go, had an appointment with a nurse & my cholesterol is a little high, I’ve swapped to skimmed milk, low fat butter etc since I’ve been losing weight so I dread to think how high Laura’s cholesterol is?

Reactions: 5
I’ve lost a fair bit of weight in the last 2 plus yrs, I still have 2st to go, had an appointment with a nurse & my cholesterol is a little high, I’ve swapped to skimmed milk, low fat butter etc since I’ve been losing weight so I dread to think how high Laura’s cholesterol is?
Shes all kinds of nasty conditions and diseases waiting to happen , she is not any way healthy at that size . Her central obesity will cause her diabetes very very soon.

Reactions: 1
I genuinely think she looks lovely in all those Next outfits on her latest reel. I’d much rather see those sorts of posts than those terrible “me and my mate where the same dress” posts or her selling out to fast fashion brands

Reactions: 15
I genuinely think she looks lovely in all those Next outfits on her latest reel. I’d much rather see those sorts of posts than those terrible “me and my mate where the same dress” posts or her selling out to fast fashion brands
agreed I liked pretty much all those outfits and thought she looked great in them all. Much better than the far too small dresses

Reactions: 7
The fact she was at an event with Poppy Adams makes me dislike her even more - she needs to lose weight as her clothes look awful on her

Reactions: 5
I thought she looked really nice in the skirt last night , the best ive deen her dressed
Not being able to do your shoe up should be a massive reality check

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.