Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PaulineMole

Listen no fat person needs to be told by anyone that they are fat , they are well aware of that fact believe me .I'm obese and if someone told me that they were worried about me due to my weight or that I need to lose weight it would actually do more harm than good. Do you not think we can see ourselves in the mirror?! We KNOW it's extremely unhealthy, we KNOW what we need to do to lose weight but it's not always as easy as that unfortunately. I have massive issues with binge eating and emotional eating as well as various medical issues . I was a size 8 for years and always thought fat people were lazy , now that I am on the other side I see how naive and uneducated that opinion was.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

LadyB65

Chatty Member
Her latest ‘hot take’ on Barbie, is absolute bullshit 😂 even the other one on the podcast looks bored with her. As a fat person, who played with Barbie, I never thought about her body size or proportions once, because it was clear to me that it was a fucking doll 😂😂 I liked that she could have lots of different jobs, and nice clothes and shoes, and that you could do her hair. She’s absolutely grasping at straws yet again. I’m sure any doll would look very strange if the proportions were applied to a human 🤦🏼‍♀️
Her narrative around this is so fucking boring, why couldn’t she just accept the movie for what it was, a bit of light hearted fun, with an empowering message for all woman of all shapes and sizes. She has to suck the life out of everything!
She also looks terrible there, getting out of breath whilst sitting still, just talking 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Im going to try and explain this the best I can without meaning to offend anyone, but I really disagree with her latest story about how 'weight is not an indicator of health' etc..

Now I completely understand that for example everyone 25 stone isn't unhealthy, rugby players who are all muscle and eat clean, workout etc are different than someone the same weight and don't move all day and eat Mc Ds 3 times a day, however I feel Laura isn't the person who should be 'promoting' this idea. As far as I can tell from her stories she doesn't work out or even get her HR going at all. Even a fast walk for 10 mins is classed as exercise.

Excess weight, especially when it leads to obesity, can increase the risk of numerous health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, joint issues, this is a fact that people overweight do have more health issues.

So although weight doesn't dictate health, being overweight like Laura AND not choosing to eat healthier and exercise will lead to a decline in health.

The bit about less value I believe as health in many cases we don't choose, but don't think that relates to the issues above.

Long story short, no, weight doesn't equal health but lifestyle does and Laura is not someone who should be promoting her lifestyle.

Reactions: 29

RestingBunchFace

I see things from a different perspective to many of you. We all come in different shapes and sizes. Laura has been fat all her life - it’s not like she started off small and put on a load of weight. What her family member said is not “tough love”, it’s telling someone the body they naturally have is not good enough, and that’s just sh1tty.

Yes by all means take care of your health, but it’s unrealistic to think that someone who is a size 26 is going to end up a size 10 one day (or if they get there stay there). 95% of diets fail and people often end up heavier than when they started - it causes your set point weight to go up, there’s a fair amount of literature about it online.

While I have a big issue with Laura profiting from the body positive movement when she’s clearly anything but, I do also see why her having a profile is important to other plus size women who feel either invisible or unwelcome by mainstream fashion media. I’m fat too (same size as Laura’s podcast partner, Lauren) and I do like seeing what Lauren wears and how it looks on a body similar to mine. It’s not promoting obesity, it’s what real people actually look like.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Genuine honesty here, Laura is the last person I would think about when it comes to being confident.
I wouldn't dream of buying a guide book to confidence written by her. By her own admission she only first wore a bikini on the beach last year, that's not body confidence! Had so many hang ups never felt confident enough in the previous years. She should have stayed true to her baking roots, this is a wide left risk.

Reactions: 27

Blonde123

Chatty Member
Not to bang on about it but I’m just baffled how it’s less than 3 weeks since her ITS launch and there’s nothing on her stories or on her photo grid of her wearing the clothes. Just one post from the launch day. So bizarre. Also awkwardly she’s liked a post which complained the clothes were too expensive 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
The promoting obesity argument baffles me. Thin people don't want to be fat. No one thin looks at someone who is a size 26 and is jealous. You can't promote something no one wants.

What they actually mean is how dare fat people exist and not look miserable 24/7. Luckily for them, Laura never looks happy so no size 8s will be getting obese any time soon 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 25

honey&lemon

VIP Member
I’m obese and very much understand how frustrating it is when you go to the dr about something like an ear infection and they still manage to mention your weight.

However, that said, I do understand why they mention it in certain instances. For her fertility, she has been told losing weight is necessary. Whether she likes it or not, she could lose weight, sure it’s bloody hard and there’s a myriad of reasons people struggle to do it. But she has no job and seems to have no financial struggles. One year of therapy, seeing a nutritionist, a trainer etc and she could seriously change her life.

It’s totally within her control and I think she’s angry about that because she doesn’t want to do it. She’s choosing her weight and lifestyle over the potential to have a family. To me that’s not a ‘fertility struggle’ and is insulting to women who have literally done everything they physically can and put themselves through shit for years and still struggle.

Furnessian

VIP Member
Won’t do a Shein haul because it’s unethical but then does a collection with In The Style which is just a mega expensive version of Shein- hypocrisy at its finest. Well done Laura.

• Haha

Riddlemethis

VIP Member
Thoughts on the TikTok she shared on her insta story? I have mixed feelings about it, and that’s probably down to the fact it was shared by Laura. Petty, I know. To me, that TikTok kinda invalidates the insecurities ‘skinny’ women might have. Idk, the heat has probably got to me 😅
I think that if Laura was actually living the ethos of what she says, for instance on the podcast, then she would allow ALL women to live their truth and feel body positive. But in fact what she does and what she’s approving of by sharing that is allowing those in a smaller body to her to be called out as not fat enough to have insecurities. They allow it on their Facebook page too. Those that aren’t as big as others are treated like shit for not being fat enough to have feelings on how their body looks or how insecure they feel. Laura is not truly about body positivity or anything like that anyway. She is desperate to feel accepted in her own body and she wants to be allowed to gain as much weight as she wants whilst claiming that the world should adapt around her. Through that she has built this ‘we’ mentality to get people on board. If I’m honest I think she uses the bopo community to fuel her laziness towards her lifestyle. Lots of bopo influencers do that and there are a lot of really toxic bopo influencers who go all enraged when someone loses weight for any reason or they want to change their direction. Everyone can see she isn’t happy, she doesn’t look happy or content. She looks uncomfortable and is always firstly on the attack with anything to do with size, rather than using reasoning to evaluate the whole picture. The sclub7 guy was by far the worst I’ve seen her aligning her own thoughts on weight to someone else when it was absolutely nothing to do with that.
I do think that there are genuinely ‘thin’ people that play on showing skin rolls and claiming they’re just like fat people, but people that are thin (unlike me) are also allowed to feel how they feel about their own bodies.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She is absolutely awful the way she speaks about her husband. Making out its a miracle they haven't argued in the car. She needs to keep those thoughts in her head and not share publicly. Makes him out to be an ogre. Am sure she's hardly easy breezy to live with either, seems like a proper mardy mare.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

mee43

VIP Member
I’m really torn with her.
One minute I feel desperately sorry for her; I struggle with mental wellness at times and I know how awful it is to feel so low.
But then she has a sort of public emotional breakdown, which ups her engagement, and what do you know, the very following day she’s teasing an exciting new project/stuff she wants you all to buy.
In this case, stuff she wouldn’t be seen dead in, that she’s gonna tell all her followers how much she loves it all.
I’m torn between thinking she’s too vulnerable for social media, and thinking she’s a brilliant manipulator and salesperson.
Massive apologies for the cynicism 😞 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Password4321

Im going to try and explain this the best I can without meaning to offend anyone, but I really disagree with her latest story about how 'weight is not an indicator of health' etc..

Now I completely understand that for example everyone 25 stone isn't unhealthy, rugby players who are all muscle and eat clean, workout etc are different than someone the same weight and don't move all day and eat Mc Ds 3 times a day, however I feel Laura isn't the person who should be 'promoting' this idea. As far as I can tell from her stories she doesn't work out or even get her HR going at all. Even a fast walk for 10 mins is classed as exercise.

Excess weight, especially when it leads to obesity, can increase the risk of numerous health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, joint issues, this is a fact that people overweight do have more health issues.

So although weight doesn't dictate health, being overweight like Laura AND not choosing to eat healthier and exercise will lead to a decline in health.

The bit about less value I believe as health in many cases we don't choose, but don't think that relates to the issues above.

Long story short, no, weight doesn't equal health but lifestyle does and Laura is not someone who should be promoting her lifestyle.
I completely agree with the above.
This hits very close to home as my lovely aunt was diagnosed with bowel cancer recently and due to the fact she is very overweight they were unable to operate as it wouldn’t be safe, she also wasn’t eligible for chemotherapy as her blood pressure was very high as she had more than normal pressure on her lungs. The consultant who couldn’t have been more lovely and sympathetic said this was due to her weight. She sadly passed away yesterday. I’m not saying this to frighen anyone but weight directly impacted her health negatively 😥

• Sad
  • Heart

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I though their guest on this week’s podcast episode was great, and it was no doubt beneficial for them both to speak to someone who has had to make peace with being childfree/childless depending on preferred terminology.

I do still find the whole anger and upset at pregnancy announcements tricky to understand, speaking as a person who doesn’t have children or particularly want them. People who take issue with it talk a lot about compassion and empathy but I don’t think it’s massively empathetic to make someone else’s joyful news all about you and expect them to adapt to your needs.

Blahblah93

VIP Member
I realised how much of a twat she is when she went to the Maldives and looked like she had just found out terrible news each day. If you can't have a laugh with your husband in the Maldives - what's the fucking point?

• Haha
IMG_3195.jpeg

So why have you preached so much about fast fashion and buying investment pieces if you’ve been a fan of ITS for years? They’re the worst company going for fast fashion. Such a hypocrite! And Adam hates fat people, he’s only inclusive because he thinks he’s got to be.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21

Riddlemethis

VIP Member
For someone that says size is the least interesting thing, she sure bangs on about it and makes it her whole personality 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

• Haha

Looboo

Chatty Member
Laura has just summed up my hatred of band tees as a fashion item rather than because you like the band. Saying the Blondie t shirt is sold out and then saying but here’s a similar one and it’s a Guns N’ Roses one! As though all band tees are interchangeable! This is something that annoys me generally it’s not Laura specific!!

She's not in a dress!!!!!!
Love how she says she's finally found a t-shirt long enough. Hmm 🤔 so when she was 'designing' her own range with ITS she didn't think to make that a priority!? Hope ITS drop her. I saw during the week Adam ITS said he has severed links with some previous collaborators mainly due to their bad attitude and lack of manners.
She's done very little to promote her range with them and has been championing other brands since including indirectly insulting ITS by claiming she finally found a long t-shirt.