Kyle Pallo #2 Oops I Forgot To Put On A Shirt Again. Pay Me Enough And I'll Forget My Pants.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Considering his sister and dad were in comments section while Kyle was deleting comments I doubt they'd make him see sense.

Reactions: 6
He wanted your money, so he gave you shoutouts and called you “my man” or whatever, to keep the donations coming. He certainly didn’t want your advice on anything, and certainly not your friendship. He showed you who he really is. Believe him. JFC.
Congratulations on completely missing the point of a throwaway barb at wtc50e's continuing toxicity.

Reactions: 1
Congratulations on completely missing the point of a throwaway barb at wtc50e's continuing toxicity.
I will respond to this, and then I will add you to my ignore list, because I don’t want to derail this thread, nor do I want to attack you.

You come across as a decent person. I commend your dedication towards caring for your parents and keeping them safe. And I genuinely feel for you, and how hard the pandemic has hit you.
I am not saying this to be mean, or hurt your feelings, but a lot of what you have said on here comes across as a little delusional.

There are tons of recently published articles about the dangers of parasocial relationships, especially when it comes to Youtube/Instagram “celebrities”

Maybe read a few of those and honestly think about what kind of “relationship” you truly had with Kyle.
I wish you well.

Reactions: 14
There are tons of recently published articles about the dangers of parasocial relationships, especially when it comes to Youtube/Instagram “celebrities”

Maybe read a few of those and honestly think about what kind of “relationship” you truly had with Kyle.
I think this is good advice for anyone who follows any particular YouTuber/Instagram influencer.

I in no way, shape or form, want to single out Phil, who I know is an open, trusting guy. But it's VERY easy to blur the line between (pseudo-)"celebrity" and "friend" when there's direct interaction. It's like the person from the prior thread who was upset that she didn't get more interaction with him when she ran into him in the park. We can argue all day about how valid a "job" vlogging is, but it is how he makes money. He's not going to hang out with you.

Reactions: 2
The whole situation has really soured me on most of these vloggers. After nearly a year now being viewers of Kyle and Jojo, they really do put the least possible effort. Their channel is not for Disney fans especially fans of classic Disney. To them Disney before 2000 never existed. Kyle rides the same damn rides every visit. You hardly ever see him on the classic rides except Thunder Mountain. If viewers would appreciate more of the same rides all the time. OK maybe rides not his thing then how about some content about the history or the technology, something anything. There are some way more creative out there that I enjoy giving my time to, Offhand Disney and MickeyViews. Kyle does not care about his viewers he really does not even care about his content, he just wants the views. He knew tying his channel to Disney would give him those views. If he would not have to interact with us at all it would be his preference. You can tell by the way that he cuts off the camera when he usually meet somebody in the park except for the puppet master jump around bits.

Last edited:
It's like the person from the prior thread who was upset that she didn't get more interaction with him when she ran into him in the park.
See, that to me is another example that illustrates how Kyle blurs that line. He and his family were wonderful to her on one occasion and then she was shunned once he'd had his publicity shots out of her.

I felt a connection to him also and yet I have not felt that way about any other vlogger, ever, even though I've had more interaction with other YouTube creators.

And it's not the same thing as being a fan of a traditional celebrity. I happen to know several very famous people who are actually much more friendly than you'd think they would be, yet I regard them as associates.

Kyle really does play the ordinary guy with an iPhone broadcasting from his bedroom who is everybody's friend angle to his maximum advantage. Because it works better for him than trying to do anything authoritative about Disney.

The whole situation has really soured me on most of these vloggers. After nearly a year now being viewers of Kyle and Jojo, they really do put the least possible effort. Their channel is not for Disney fans especially fans of classic Disney. To them Disney before 2000 never existed. Kyle rides the same damn rides every visit. You hardly ever see him on the classic rides except Thunder Mountain. If viewers would appreciate more of the same rides all the time. OK maybe rides not his thing then how about some content about the history or the technology, something anything. There are some way more creative out there that I enjoy giving my time to, Offhand Disney and MickeyViews. Kyle does not care about his viewers he really does not even care about his content, he just wants the views. He knew tying his channel to Disney would give him those views. If he would not have to interact with us at all it would be his preference. You can tell by the way that he cuts off the camera when he usually meet somebody in the park except for the puppet master jump around bits.
MickeyViews is amazing. His work is excellent. He respects Disney history. He gives facts and when he gives his opinion he backs it up with good reasoning. No personal trash and he's very professional. Kyle, JoJo and the rest can't hold a candle to him.

MickeyViews is amazing. His work is excellent. He respects Disney history. He gives facts and when he gives his opinion he backs it up with good reasoning. No personal trash and he's very professional. Kyle, JoJo and the rest can't hold a candle to him.
Which amazes me that Kyle was a VIP guide at one point with poor knowledge of Disney and Park history.

Which amazes me that Kyle was a VIP guide at one point with poor knowledge of Disney and Park history.
Seriously, I think Kyle has some kind of ADHD. I don't think he has the attention span to know much about anything. He's always leapfrogging from one thing to the next. I suspect it's also why his personal relationships are so superficial and short lived.

Seriously, I think Kyle has some kind of ADHD. I don't think he has the attention span to know much about anything. He's always leapfrogging from one thing to the next. I suspect it's also why his personal relationships are so superficial and short lived.
I wouldn’t say that is due to ADHD. I’d say it’s signs of a narcissist who thinks they’re great at everything.

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t say that is due to ADHD. I’d say it’s signs of a narcissist who thinks they’re great at everything.
You're probably right. I wonder if all vloggers must be narcissists to some extent.
Not all YouTubers. I have a small channel and I don't appear on camera.
But the ones marketing themselves as a personality...

You're probably right. I wonder if all vloggers must be narcissists to some extent.
Not all YouTubers. I have a small channel and I don't appear on camera.
But the ones marketing themselves as a personality...
I have wondered that also. Some for sure but then I guess it depends on the topic. The channels I follow on 50s/60s horror, Saturday morning animation and toys of the 70s are a lot different than the Disney vloggers. The engagement and appreciation of the viewers is night and day. The Disney vlog life has a dark side.
The comment a while back about one of us in Florida starting a channel of these folks in the wild was really a fantastic idea. If done right even some cable channel would air that on these train wrecks.

I have wondered that also. Some for sure but then I guess it depends on the topic. The channels I follow on 50s/60s horror, Saturday morning animation and toys of the 70s are a lot different than the Disney vloggers. The engagement and appreciation of the viewers is night and day. The Disney vlog life has a dark side.
The comment a while back about one of us in Florida starting a channel of these folks in the wild was really a fantastic idea. If done right even some cable channel would air that on these train wrecks.
Toys of the 70’s?? What channel is that, I love to relive my childhood. 😍

See, that to me is another example that illustrates how Kyle blurs that line. He and his family were wonderful to her on one occasion and then she was shunned once he'd had his publicity shots out of her.
Let me be clear that I'm not defending Kyle, nor blaming the young lady, but there's something about these parasocial relationships that lend the audience to think that they're somehow entitled to the (pseudo-)celebrity's time. I honestly think that's a two-way street, and whatever line blurring Kyle does/did, this isn't unique to him, so I can't somehow fault him more than I would anyone else.

When Eminem wrote "Stan" is was about a guy who had an imagined friendship with a celebrity, despite no real interaction between the two. Kind of the dark side of pain and loneliness. Now after 25 years, we've generalized the term to any person who rabidly obsesses and defends a public person. And we've made the problem even worse because of social media, because we can approximate friendship/closeness and it can be pretty immediate. That's just a recipe for all kinds of bad things.

TL;DR: Kyle does a lot of things wrong, but this kind of thing is not a unique sin.

Reactions: 4
Let me be clear that I'm not defending Kyle, nor blaming the young lady, but there's something about these parasocial relationships that lend the audience to think that they're somehow entitled to the (pseudo-)celebrity's time. I honestly think that's a two-way street, and whatever line blurring Kyle does/did, this isn't unique to him, so I can't somehow fault him more than I would anyone else.
Not unique, but he's the worst I've seen.
And debating this is still dancing to his tune. The issue here was he lied about Covid isolating and cancelled loyal fans because they confronted him over it.
That has nothing to do with whatever their feelings were towards him but that's what he uses to gaslight them.
Sorry, but I do think you're making excuses for him because you don't want to admit what a callous prick he is.
I mean Jesus, this morning even Boris Johnson apologized for breaking lockdown rules to party.
Kyle is now officially even worse than him.

I mean Jesus, this morning even Boris Johnson apologized for breaking lockdown rules to party.
Kyle is now officially even worse than him.
You are joking right? You’re not just letting your hatred of Kyle cloud your judgement here?

Sure Kyle broke isolation to isolate with other covid sufferers, and essentially told people to mind their own bleeping business. But he’s not making rules stopping loved ones seeing dying relatives in hospitals, allowing them to die scared and alone. Nor is he stopping them attending funerals, or visiting sick, elderly relatives in care homes. Nor telling everyone to follow lockdown rules, and fining anyone caught breaking them.

All put in place by a person that should be setting an example more than anyone, not be a massive hypocrite and go out partying. One rule for him, another for us? Sure Kyle went out too, but he’s not in a position of power and setting laws just to break them himself.

But Boris apologised, it’s all ok then. One word and all that goes away? Sorry but Kyle is nowhere near being as bad as that.

Reactions: 4
You are joking right? You’re not just letting your hatred of Kyle cloud your judgement here?

Sure Kyle broke isolation to isolate with other covid sufferers, and essentially told people to mind their own bleeping business. But he’s not making rules stopping loved ones seeing dying relatives in hospitals, allowing them to die scared and alone. Nor is he stopping them attending funerals, or visiting sick, elderly relatives in care homes. Nor telling everyone to follow lockdown rules, and fining anyone caught breaking them.

All put in place by a person that should be setting an example more than anyone, not be a massive hypocrite and go out partying. One rule for him, another for us? Sure Kyle went out too, but he’s not in a position of power and setting laws just to break them himself.

But Boris apologised, it’s all ok then. One word and all that goes away? Sorry but Kyle is nowhere near being as bad as that.
Yes, Boris apologised, but said the gathering was "technically within the rules" . So he hasn't really admitted he did anything wrong. I'm not defending Kyle because he was in the wrong, but it was hardly a party, as some others have said, with only six people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.