Jordan Lipscombe - 50 shades of the wrong foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was my favourite YouTuber for a long time, she is good at makeup but I feel that Youtube has gotten a lot more personal now and “doing just makeup” and looking pretty isn’t enough anymore.
yawn yawn I don’t seem to get anything from her, I find myself getting more attached to those who share more online. If she disappeared tomorrow I wouldn’t even notice. Just not as invested as I was
I agree all her videos are makeup/clothes and the boring assumption videos. Like most Youtubers today, none of them are relatable when they get bigger. I remember first watching Jordan when she worked at Tesco’s and did YouTube on the side, she was so much more relatable and real. Now everything’s either an ad or she’s scared to say anything bad about an item as she won’t get anymore freebies.

It’s the same with most of them today though. Jamie Genevieve worked at Nyxx I think it was and she was so much more relatable too. Now all she does it use really expensive makeup and skin care products that I bet 95% of her subs can’t afford.

I just relate to Youtubers more when they have a real life outside of YouTube and the online stuff is just done part time. I also believe what they say more about products as most of the time theyve bought them their self. I get that they can’t have real jobs and do YouTube full time but most of them aren’t regular uploaders! I guess they don’t need to when they make most their money from ads and selling tit to people.

Reactions: 2
Her tan looks awful!!! And her boyfriend in the ‘boyfriend guides me through a make up look’ looks like the skegness version of drake. (No offense to Skeggy, I love it there!)
😂😂 I thought he looked like someone in her video with him, were he gives her a look to create lol. Think it's the beard n hat.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Again I do like Jordan but the whole mouth clicking, hand and nails to her mouth thing irritates me. Don't even get me started on the stupid phrases she says, puts me off watching! I watched her in the sidemen tinder video the other day and she was completely normal. If she spoke/acted like that all the time it would make her more bearable 😂

Reactions: 14
I used to like her too but now I just can’t wait her anymore because she doesn’t really ever post any of her own content like ideas that she has actually come up with. It’s always just hauls for brands that have sent her stuff, so she’s not actually having to come up with any ideas. The black fishing as well has just completely put me off her. Feel like she tries too hard to be ‘real’ and edgy.

Reactions: 6
How do her nails look so fresh if we're supposed to be in lockdown?!? I'm not talking about a simple coat of polish its a full on decorated talon! Unless she has some serious skill doing nails, its a bit shady.

Reactions: 1
How do her nails look so fresh if we're supposed to be in lockdown?!? I'm not talking about a simple coat of polish its a full on decorated talon! Unless she has some serious skill doing nails, its a bit shady.
I think she might have got stick on ones delivered?? it’s a lot of effort to go to if you’re just sitting about the house 😂

Reactions: 3
She’s got custom press ons, she put them on her insta at some point I think x

Okay just watched the fenty makeup video and just.. Just no 😬

She gets sent them

She had both her parents on a video a while back and they were both white. Her sisters are actually really pale too. I get having a bit of a tan. I’m really really pale but I use fair fake tan and just in the summer, in winter I don’t care that I’m pale. Jordan must use deep/dark. She must look so strange standing next to her family!

Just white 😂😂 swear she gets darker every video haha.
I thought so just needed to confirm 👀 I’m not even from an ethnic background, but I find it really offensive seeing how she mirrors a black girl’s culture, with her excessive fake tan and styling her edges. I’m all for a bit of fake tan don’t get me wrong but cultural appropriation really ain’t it

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Exactly!! This thread is so quiet which obviously means hardly anyone has an issue with her. I find it so strange no one seems to care about her blatant blackfishing especially in this day and age where it is such a big topic

Reactions: 7
It’s just odd. Don’t get me wrong taking inspiration is okay in my eyes, but pretending to be a whole different race just doesn’t sit right with me 😷 especially in try on videos with her mum who is pale as a sheet

• Heart
I think she's a bit cringey. You can tell she's always trying to be funny and sassy but she fails miserably lol

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She's blackfishing to Emma Hallberg levels and yet no one is calling her out for it.

IMG_20200524_220453-01.jpeg

I'm definitely sick and tired of blackfishing youtubers who appropriate black culture for their gain. They don't realise there are a lot of issues and disadvantages black people face. For someone to take the parts of the culture that they like, without facing the same struggle is disgusting. Jordan et al can just switch back to white by scrubbing their tan off, and don't have to face the same struggle. If you want to take on blackness, take it all, including the tit they have to put up with, and see how you like it then. This is not pick'n'mix.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She's blackfishing to Emma Hallberg levels and yet no one is calling her out for it.

View attachment 137472

I'm definitely sick and tired of blackfishing youtubers who appropriate black culture for their gain. They don't realise there are a lot of issues and disadvantages black people face. For someone to take the parts of the culture that they like, without facing the same struggle is disgusting. Jordan et al can just switch back to white by scrubbing their tan off, and don't have to face the same struggle. If you want to take on blackness, take it all, including the tit they have to put up with, and see how you like it then. This is not pick'n'mix.
Jesus that’s just awful, I don’t know how nobody else says anything?

I think her viewers genuinely believe she’s a different race so theres no need to call her out on anything

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.