Jordan Lipscombe - 50 shades of the wrong foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she's super pretty and she does have some talent, but she overdoes her makeup. Her tan is wayyy too dark, I scrolled back a few years of her videos and she looked so much better when she was paler (and she still tanned then). I know full-on makeup is her style, but all I can think about is how heavy it must feel, how bad it must look in natural light, how you can't hug anyone or it'll wipe off, and how much scrubbing it takes to exfoliate the tan every week before applying a new layer. It must take so much upkeep.

Reactions: 7
I think she's super pretty and she does have some talent, but she overdoes her makeup. Her tan is wayyy too dark, I scrolled back a few years of her videos and she looked so much better when she was paler (and she still tanned then). I know full-on makeup is her style, but all I can think about is how heavy it must feel, how bad it must look in natural light, how you can't hug anyone or it'll wipe off, and how much scrubbing it takes to exfoliate the tan every week before applying a new layer. It must take so much upkeep.
Exactly! I understand everyone has there own standard of whats beautiful/ looks good but i just dnt get how she cant see how much better she looks without all the tan! She’s gorgeous with a banging body but when i look at her all i can focus on is the dark tan and heavy make up. I wonder if in a few years she will look back like what was i thinking.

Reactions: 5
That amount of makeup on my skin would look terrible! I bet it doesn’t look so smooth in person, it’s very edited and very strong lighting while filming and posting photos.

She has a sister who looks quite similar to her but she doesn’t wear as much makeup and she looks so much better. Jordan would be absolutely stunning with no tan and minimal makeup.

That amount of makeup on my skin would look terrible! I bet it doesn’t look so smooth in person, it’s very edited and very strong lighting while filming and posting photos.

She has a sister who looks quite similar to her but she doesn’t wear as much makeup and she looks so much better. Jordan would be absolutely stunning with no tan and minimal makeup.
Her skin is amazing, there is really no need for foundation. I'm perplexed how her skin is so good given how much makeup she subjects it to.

Reactions: 6
Her skin is amazing, there is really no need for foundation. I'm perplexed how her skin is so good given how much makeup she subjects it to.
I thought that too! Her makeup seems quite heavy and pore clogging. Some people are just blessed I guess

Reactions: 3
I honestly thought that she was mixed until I seen one of her videos that had her mum and dad in it (who were both white) and I was like hmm something isn’t adding up here. So is she totally white then? No black in her family at all?? Because if so she definitely is black fishing because she looks mixed with her makeup etc on.

Reactions: 9
I honestly thought that she was mixed until I seen one of her videos that had her mum and dad in it (who were both white) and I was like hmm something isn’t adding up here. So is she totally white then? No black in her family at all?? Because if so she definitely is black fishing because she looks mixed with her makeup etc on.
That was my issue too, don't have a problem with fake tan if its gonna give you a nice sun kissed glow, but her whole brand is literally based on the notion that she's 'ethnically ambiguous', when in fact she's your typical white british girl. She's literally taking opportunities away from black and brown women, when she's already in the most privileged position as a white woman. It's problematic and it clearly is making people uncomfortable. I'm really surprised she hasn't been called out by any brands on this, she needs to be careful, this tide is beginning to turn on this 'look', and i'd hate for her to be on the wrong side of it all.

Reactions: 6
That was my issue too, don't have a problem with fake tan if its gonna give you a nice sun kissed glow, but her whole brand is literally based on the notion that she's 'ethnically ambiguous', when in fact she's your typical white british girl. She's literally taking opportunities away from black and brown women, when she's already in the most privileged position as a white woman. It's problematic and it clearly is making people uncomfortable. I'm really surprised she hasn't been called out by any brands on this, she needs to be careful, this tide is beginning to turn on this 'look', and i'd hate for her to be on the wrong side of it all.
I honestly cannot believe she has never been called out for it. When I look through her comments etc there’s no mention of the fact she literally looks a different race. I use fake tan myself because I’m half Italian and in the winter months I tend to lose my colour a bit, but you can quite clearly still tell I’m white. It’s so strange no one has questioned her, especially in today’s world usually this sort of thing is called out straight away.

Reactions: 7
I don't think she's trying to be ethnically ambiguous, she's just a girl who went too far with the tanning and just likes looking like that. If you look at her sister she's very pale.

The other bad thing about dark fake tan is it looks horrible around the hands. God, I used to fake tan darker than I do right now and upkeep was a total nightmare. If anyone wants a more natural tan I would recommend beta-carotene supps and a tinted moisturizer. And learn to love yourself.

Nah even the way she does her hair & makeup now you can tell she is trying to come across as mixed🥴 laying down baby hairs etc is not something she ever used to do. Look at the picture of her from a couple of years ago compared to the more recent one. You can clearly see she is white in the first one however it’s very unclear in the second. It makes me so uncomfortable. There are worse pics but wouldn’t let me upload here as it says they’re too large.

Attachments

Reactions: 17
Nah even the way she does her hair & makeup now you can tell she is trying to come across as mixed🥴 laying down baby hairs etc is not something she ever used to do. Look at the picture of her from a couple of years ago compared to the more recent one. You can clearly see she is white in the first one however it’s very unclear in the second. It makes me so uncomfortable. There are worse pics but wouldn’t let me upload here as it says they’re too large.
Okay looking at one of her latest videos with the baby hairs I see your point. In another video she mentioned people always confuse her and Snitchery who is actually mixed race. Lol okay. Always laugh when her makeup name is like "toffee ____" or "deep tan _____".

Reactions: 4
She got sent a nintendo switch, honestly have companies who send these people things who can clearly afford them not even taking a chunk out if their earnings.

• Angry
Okay looking at one of her latest videos with the baby hairs I see your point. In another video she mentioned people always confuse her and Snitchery who is actually mixed race. Lol okay. Always laugh when her makeup name is like "toffee ____" or "deep tan _____".
Omg not going to lie I hadn’t heard of snitchery before so I just looked her up there and even she is lighter than Jordan and she’s actually mixed race!!! Surely the fact someone has said they have confused the two would make her realise she’s taking the tanning too far?? It’s not even as if she is like mixed with another ethnicity which has tan skin so she’s trying to look more like that, she has openly said in an assumptions video before that she is completely British and her mum and dad are totally white so I have no idea why people have not realised how wrong the way she makes herself look is??!!!

Omg not going to lie I hadn’t heard of snitchery before so I just looked her up there and even she is lighter than Jordan and she’s actually mixed race!!! Surely the fact someone has said they have confused the two would make her realise she’s taking the tanning too far?? It’s not even as if she is like mixed with another ethnicity which has tan skin so she’s trying to look more like that, she has openly said in an assumptions video before that she is completely British and her mum and dad are totally white so I have no idea why people have not realised how wrong the way she makes herself look is??!!!
E483D7AC-C25D-49DA-87E5-8722F575AE5F.png

Ha i was literally in the middle of writing the exact same thing nd ur comment popped up

• Haha
And Snitchery was accused of blackfishing when she's actually mixed race. Meanwhile Jordan skirts by. Imagine actually being black and accused of blackfishing, yet a white girl who tans to hell and back is let off the hook?

I have no issue with fake tan but whyyyyyy have it so dark?

Her tan looks awful!!! And her boyfriend in the ‘boyfriend guides me through a make up look’ looks like the skegness version of drake. (No offense to Skeggy, I love it there!)

• Haha
I like jordan, shes pretty and good at makeup. It's just the thing with the nails hovering over her mouth and trying to act cute all the time with the voices and that 😂 annoying af

Reactions: 4
She was my favourite YouTuber for a long time, she is good at makeup but I feel that Youtube has gotten a lot more personal now and “doing just makeup” and looking pretty isn’t enough anymore.
yawn yawn I don’t seem to get anything from her, I find myself getting more attached to those who share more online. If she disappeared tomorrow I wouldn’t even notice. Just not as invested as I was

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.