Jordan Lipscombe - 50 shades of the wrong foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pisses me off when all these Youtubers order off Shein,a chinese website,designed for Chinese women who are naturally petite,and don't look at the size guide at all! Honestly just get a tape measure,and go from that. Also her collar bones terrify me,they could kill someone

Reactions: 1
I think the fact she hasn’t done braids yet is WhAts redeeming her from entering blackfishing territory (although some would say she already is)

Reactions: 4
I think the fact she hasn’t done braids yet is WhAts redeeming her from entering blackfishing territory (although some would say she already is)
If I ever see her in braided extensions I might have to fly up to the UK myself to drag her back to Caucasia.
She's already black-fishing with her overuse of fake tan. I'm just patiently waiting for her audience to wake up and call her out already.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Am I the only one who thinks she just likes a bit of fake tan? 😂
There’s a difference between wearing a bit of fake tan and looking a completely different race from your parents. She lays baby hairs etc that’s not just liking a bit of fake tan that’s cultural appropriation

Reactions: 15
sorry if someone has commented this before but I am sick to death of seeing her trying to stick her arse out as far as the flat pancake will go in those try on clips! it makes me feel extremely uncomfortable, I understand body positivity but she is completely trying to alter her figure and giving herself backache in the process

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There’s a difference between wearing a bit of fake tan and looking a completely different race from your parents. She lays baby hairs etc that’s not just liking a bit of fake tan that’s cultural appropriation
I sometimes scroll her comments on insta to see if anyone calls her out on this but nope all the sheep are there arse licking OMG HUN SO BEAUT. how this tit is acceptable is beyond me and she doesn’t care?? It’s bleeping embarrassing tbh. I cringe every time I see a picture of her

Reactions: 6
I’m either completely missing the point or just in denial over it. I could go to multiple cities across the UK and see people with darker tan than her! I would fake tan for every dance show I did growing up, or any big performance. I fake tan all winter and wouldn’t say I was “trying to be another race” my parents would look a lot paler in skin tone than I would when I was fake tanned. But yeah. Maybe I’m just not clued up on that. Just think there are more pressing issues with so many influencers now than someone liking a bit of fake tan. But who am I to judge.

Reactions: 16
I’m either completely missing the point or just in denial over it. I could go to multiple cities across the UK and see people with darker tan than her! I would fake tan for every dance show I did growing up, or any big performance. I fake tan all winter and wouldn’t say I was “trying to be another race” my parents would look a lot paler in skin tone than I would when I was fake tanned. But yeah. Maybe I’m just not clued up on that. Just think there are more pressing issues with so many influencers now than someone liking a bit of fake tan. But who am I to judge.
I assume your white? I totally get why its not an issue to you, why would it be? But your not in a position to dismiss other peoples feeling towards it, particularly not women of colour just because you think 'it's a bit of fake tan'. And just because you see other girls with darker tan doesn't make it ok? Jordan is a public figure, she chooses to put herself on the internet for anyone and everyone to see, she's going to get comments about it. Fact is, she's playing herself off as mixed race, ethnically ambiguous girl, I mean even her laying her baby hairs!! And as a woman of colour who has to face racism every day, its so hard seeing white women profit of the looks that we get punished for. I mean pay attention to the world around you, a black man got killed by the police in America, a white woman called the police on a black man because he told her to put her dog on a lead, this is the racism we're talking about!!

It's great that you don't care, and your world is sheltered enough for it not to be an issue for you, but when you see people who look like you getting killed for existing, it just makes it harder to accept that Jordan is prancing around emulating that look, but can easily go back to looking 'white' the second she wants. Maybe next time if your going to make a comment from ignorance, do a bit of research before coming on a public forum.

(edit: In an ideal world, nobody would care about what Jordan choses to do with herself, and i want to add this isn't an attack on her, she's just doing what most girls do, but its a much more wider issue in society, that unfortunately isn't going away, and people are getting angry. So it doesn't help when people just dismiss it as 'fake tan'.)

• Heart
Reactions: 30
its not about her fake tan only.

it's about her tan, her mannerisms, laying her baby hair, just seems like shes trying to pass off as ethnically ambiguous.

White skin tans. This can be achieved by natural tan or fake tan, we know this. But that's not all she's doing basically.

The issue is that, coupled with her use of HEAVY tanning, and her "style choices" (clothing and hair), she can present as racially ambiguous. The problem comes from the fact that black or other female YouTubers of colour don't get the kind of opportunities that their white counterparts do. On the UK scene, the ones getting the brand deals and amazing sponsorships are mostly white. There are other examples (mostly on IG) of white girls purposefully trying to make themselves appear mixed in some way so that they stand out in the sea of white influencers. And that leaves less room at the table for minority influencers.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
You are missing the point. It’s not just her fake tan it’s her whole look and persona I can’t even describe it being white myself I maybe wouldn’t use the right wording but just the way she has changed her appearance so dramatically using black beauty trends makes me feel uncomfortable; like someone said laying baby hairs etc.

Reactions: 3
Jordan’s so quick to lay her baby hairs and tan herself to another race but she’s been SILENT about George Floyd. She has 1 million subscribers, imagine being able to reach 1 million people and staying silent.

Reactions: 9
So now for one opinion, I’m a poorly educated white girl. I’ve travelled every inch of the globe ten times over and witnessed many levels of hate crime. I do not need to be “educated” and I do not live a “sheltered” life. I just do not agree with an opinion that is your own, the same as you do not agree with mine. My background has nothing to do with that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t want this to turn into a big debate about race.. but as a woman of colour In my opinion I don’t think what she is doing is wrong, I believe it would be offensive if she’s mocking different races and only tanning dark and laying hair as a joke. Many of my friends who are also of colour have said that they prefer to wear lighter shades of foundation and also like to wear blonde wigs/weave. Some of them also get spray tans to be slightly lighter and more bronzed and that is perfectly okay. I think it’s fine to wear different cultured looks, providing it’s not taken too far and isn’t mocking/making a joke of another culture. It’s all about appreciation.

Reactions: 11
I personally think her tan isn’t the issue, it’s the combination of the tanning with her laid baby hairs, make up style, with her adopted mannerisms etc that gives the impression of being racially ambiguous-that’s the issue. She’s entitled to fake tan if she likes, nobody else has a right to say she can or can’t, race isn’t the issue with her tan as all skin tans, it’s the trying to perpetuate another race through her styling and behaviours that is unacceptable. In that same token, are we saying that POC culture can be emulated just by using certain phrases, mannerisms and a style? Or is that very narrow to try and lump a whole culture into a few boxes to check 🤔🤔 just an opinion so don’t lose your minds trying to reply, I’m just saying her tan alone isn’t offensive
9F1FE214-B205-4287-88BC-1189B7396904.jpeg

I don’t think she’s blackfishing. She looks like a lot of girls in the uk and of course if she tans then she is obviously going to use a darker foundation to match because why would she tan and then use her natural skin toned foundation? I personally think that it’s disgusting what’s happening in America but I feel like the uk and America are different when it comes to racism? Not sure if it’s coming across how I want it but America seems very segregated compared to the uk I understand there’s some places in the uk that would be the same but a lot of America seems segregated so obviously i would get that they have different levels of blackfishing. If she gets brand deals that are taken off black women than that is wrong but from what I’ve saw she doesn’t. I don’t think she is blackfishing though.

Reactions: 5
I assume your white? I totally get why its not an issue to you, why would it be?
You are assuming, not only my race, but that my opinions dictate the the colour of my skin, which quite frankly is rude, defeats the point you are trying to make, and completely unnecessary. I will be leaving this thread well alone as the tone - is not something I wish to be apart of.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I like Jordan, her mannerisms are annoying as hell but I think shes just a young girl trying to find her style. I guarantee this time next year she'll have embraced a different look. Is it as deep as people make out?

This is probably a bigger conversation for a different place but calling other posters sheltered, ignorant and uneducated just because they have a different of opinion is not cool.

you best not go to Newcastle then they love "fake tan" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've reported those comments and I suggest you do the same, this isn't the place for politics or racial matters, nor religion. It never ends good. Let's get back to talking about how ridiculous her nails look and stuff like that.
Agreed! Her nails are so long 🤣 how does she go to the loo 🙉🙉🙉🙉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Move on from the black fishing/tan argument guys.
Report anyone attempting to drag it on, posts have remained up but let’s leave it there for now.

thank you!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.