Jordan Lipscombe - 50 shades of the wrong foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't she best friends with Hannah? They had a meetup together and I'm sure Hannah introduced her to YouTube, if memory serves me right. For about a year or so now she hasn't spoken about her it seems. It's really odd, they def seems to have had a falling out. Such a shame. Not sure about Rach, she was part of the campaign of lounge so who knows if they had a falling out?

Reactions: 1
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't she best friends with Hannah? They had a meetup together and I'm sure Hannah introduced her to YouTube, if memory serves me right. For about a year or so now she hasn't spoken about her it seems. It's really odd, they def seems to have had a falling out. Such a shame. Not sure about Rach, she was part of the campaign of lounge so who knows if they had a falling out?
hannah sort of seemed to drop her for mads

Reactions: 2
I don’t have anything awful to say about her I just wish she did more fashion content like she did before 🤷🏻‍♀️

ooh how do you know there’s beef??
I saw something on twitter of the shadiest youtubers and it came up with Patricia brighting throwing shade at jordan for copying her sayings in her try on hauls.

I saw something on twitter of the shadiest youtubers and it came up with Patricia brighting throwing shade at jordan for copying her sayings in her try on hauls.

Attachments

Those tweets are from 2017 so I’d hope they’ve moved on by now 🤣

• Haha
I don’t mind Jordan. I did get annoyed about a year ago when all her videos were sponsored. Every video had a code or affiliate link, she didn’t film anything off her own back. I know she has to make money but don’t ram products down your followers throat. Yes you can suggest items but when you’ve been paid to say it’s good without agreeing it is, then that’s bad. Suggest items you’ve bought yourself and you genuinely like.

Has anyone noticed how Sophdoesnails or whatever she’s called now copies Jordan? I liked her in the beginning as she was pale like me and she’d always use the palest shade of foundations. Now she fake tans. She dresses like Jordan. And her video have taken the same direction. You can tell she’s definitely taken influence from her. She started off unique now she’s like everyone else I rarely watch her videos anymore.

One more thing 😂 None of these ‘makeup gurus’ have any industry training. Yes their makeup has got better over the years but Jordan and Sophie were both given palettes from brands (Beauty Bay, Revolution). You also only see their makeup with bright lights and they never do makeup on anyone else. It’s not fair to people who have genuine training and have worked they way up in the industry. Neither needed to release eye shadow pallets in an already over saturated market.

Jordan’s makeup used to be the worse her foundation shade was never correct. I’d love to see her do a video with her tan scrubbed off and she uses foundation for her natural colour

Reactions: 5
Her latest video - why has she shaved off the tail ends of her eyebrows? Is this a new brow trend I’m behind on??
ive seen a few of them do this, i think it’s so they can change the shape and draw them on higher up / more straight? 🤷🏻‍♀️

what is up with her makeup?! people are saying sh*t about Ariana Grande 'blackfishing', Jordan is no exception lol. She looks like an Oompa Loompa. She was so pretty without all the heavy stuff on her face. Who is she?

Reactions: 13
I used to like her but she did the classic thing all try-on youtubers do... they only make videos that are sponsored or gifted like misguided etc. It’s all so fake. She’s the worst for acting like it’s not cheap af fabric and pretending it’s not mad overpriced 😂 she’s become so out of touch, I heard her say a £42 skirt was affordable awhile ago!

Reactions: 4
I used to like her but she did the classic thing all try-on youtubers do... they only make videos that are sponsored or gifted like misguided etc. It’s all so fake. She’s the worst for acting like it’s not cheap af fabric and pretending it’s not mad overpriced 😂 she’s become so out of touch, I heard her say a £42 skirt was affordable awhile ago!
Its soo annoying , u cant trust any influencers anymore, 🤷🏻‍♀️ before buying stuff i go to makeupalley or try get see reviews from small not known youtubers as they arent been paid yet and are still seem to give authentic reviews.

Reactions: 6
I used to watch her a few years ago but got bored so didn’t bother anymore. I was just now scrolling Instagram and her page was suggested to me. Honestly what the hell I had to check and make sure it was even her?? I feel really uncomfortable about her appearance. It’s looks like she’s trying to come across as a different ethnicity. I am so shocked by how she looks.

Reactions: 9
It's her voice that does me. She cant honestly talk in that tone all the time

Reactions: 13
By far the cringiest person on the planet - I've tried hard to like her but i just don't get the hype. She's unbearable. I would be so embarrassed to be friends with her, acting and speaking on that cheesey accent with her finger pointing and mouth clicking. Nahhhh. She is just unlikeable, she doesn't seem to have any substance, there's nothing she's passionate about and she doesn't seem to have any fun in her life....and my god does her boredom show through on camera zzzz

Reactions: 16
It irks me when white girls try to play off being ethnically ambiguous, or Mediterranean, middle eastern or whatever it is they're trying to achieve. As someone who isn't white, i've had to face so much tit growing up, and dealt with so much racism, and ignorant comments from girls just like her when I was younger, who now tan themselves to oblivion and dye their hair darker. She's never been told that god 'burnt' her so thats why she's dark, nobody has called her a terrorist or said she smelt of curry.

I know this isn't a personal gripe against Jordan and i'm projecting , I don't know her personally but she just embodies everything thats so wrong with society. Because at the end of the day this 'look' is a trend (and without make-up and fake tan she actually looks british) and when something else comes around, she can dye her hair back to blonde and scrub off the fake tan and capitalise on that. Meanwhile actual Mediterranean people and middle eastern people have to carry on taking the tit and be totally fine that a white girl has swept in, made money of our looks, then disappears as something else becomes trendy. Irks me no end..

• Sad
Reactions: 24
It irks me when white girls try to play off being ethnically ambiguous, or Mediterranean, middle eastern or whatever it is they're trying to achieve. As someone who isn't white, i've had to face so much tit growing up, and dealt with so much racism, and ignorant comments from girls just like her when I was younger, who now tan themselves to oblivion and dye their hair darker. She's never been told that god 'burnt' her so thats why she's dark, nobody has called her a terrorist or said she smelt of curry.

I know this isn't a personal gripe against Jordan and i'm projecting , I don't know her personally but she just embodies everything thats so wrong with society. Because at the end of the day this 'look' is a trend (and without make-up and fake tan she actually looks british) and when something else comes around, she can dye her hair back to blonde and scrub off the fake tan and capitalise on that. Meanwhile actual Mediterranean people and middle eastern people have to carry on taking the tit and be totally fine that a white girl has swept in, made money of our looks, then disappears as something else becomes trendy. Irks me no end..
I agree. I’m white but I constantly see my friends being put down for ethic traits of their looks. Traits that are then copied by stupid girls. Then girls like Jordan look so different when they’re not tanned, they try to pretend they’re more exotic than they really are.

Holly Boon is the worst. And look how that turned out. All those vile, nasty racist tweets that were uncovered yet she’s striving to look like the people she spoke racist of.

I hate watching these youtubers who cover themselves in fake tan and buy foundation 5/6 shades darker than their natural colour. If you tan naturally then that’s okay but these girls are putting layers and layers of extra dark fake tan on. I wrote about sophdoesnails a few messages up as she’s started to cover herself in fake tan copying Jordan. When I first watched her as she always used the palest shade like me. Now she’s trying to be someone she’s not. When she naturally tans she’s never as dark as her fake tan.

Leave ethic beauty’s to review darker shades, there’s no need for a white girl to wear foundation meant for mixed race and Asian women!

Reactions: 11

This made me feel alot. I'm so sorry you've ever been made to feel anything less than perfect. I hope you know so many people do see this and are awake to the fact girls like Jordan are making money off of other peoples backs. She steals everything down to her actions and the way she poses it's honestly so fake and embarrassing to see. She is simply not her and when it goes to the extent of making people feel so uncomfortable that it reminds them of the bullying they've recieved from girls just like her it makes me so angry.
I completely agree with what everyone says regarding her being one of those mean girls that's jumped on the bandwagon of trying to darken not only her features but her skin...it's weird as duck. There's so many women of colour doing what she does but they wont get a look in because of uneducated try hards like her and uneducated viewers who don't give those people a chance :(
I do believe the world is changing albiet slowly but it's easy to forget when there's so many white women influencing eachother into looking darker and more ethnic so far so that they're unrecognisable to who they look like when all that too dark for their skin make up is removed. Imagine how infuriating it must be for women of colour to shop for make up and it's all been taken by over self tanned white girls...wow.
Anyway I'm ranting, its 4.37am and I'm probably making zero sense. I think what i was trying to say is I'm sorry girls like jordan exist. I would never.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.