Jordan Lipscombe - 50 shades of the wrong foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. I’m white but I constantly see my friends being put down for ethic traits of their looks. Traits that are then copied by stupid girls. Then girls like Jordan look so different when they’re not tanned, they try to pretend they’re more exotic than they really are.

Holly Boon is the worst. And look how that turned out. All those vile, nasty racist tweets that were uncovered yet she’s striving to look like the people she spoke racist of.

I hate watching these youtubers who cover themselves in fake tan and buy foundation 5/6 shades darker than their natural colour. If you tan naturally then that’s okay but these girls are putting layers and layers of extra dark fake tan on. I wrote about sophdoesnails a few messages up as she’s started to cover herself in fake tan copying Jordan. When I first watched her as she always used the palest shade like me. Now she’s trying to be someone she’s not. When she naturally tans she’s never as dark as her fake tan.

Leave ethic beauty’s to review darker shades, there’s no need for a white girl to wear foundation meant for mixed race and Asian women!

It's frustrating as heck! Molly-Mae got dragged when she was wearing a foundation shade meant for darker skinned women but maybe Jordans profile just isn't big enough for her to seriously get called out. But she literally looks like she's from a different race when she's fully dolled up. And Holly Boon is vile can't stand her. There's a real issue with British influencers trying to imitate women from different races. I guess I just got triggered by it all because the girls who were the worst when i was young have turned into the Jordans and Hollys of the world.

This made me feel alot. I'm so sorry you've ever been made to feel anything less than perfect. I hope you know so many people do see this and are awake to the fact girls like Jordan are making money off of other peoples backs. She steals everything down to her actions and the way she poses it's honestly so fake and embarrassing to see. She is simply not her and when it goes to the extent of making people feel so uncomfortable that it reminds them of the bullying they've recieved from girls just like her it makes me so angry.
I completely agree with what everyone says regarding her being one of those mean girls that's jumped on the bandwagon of trying to darken not only her features but her skin...it's weird as duck. There's so many women of colour doing what she does but they wont get a look in because of uneducated try hards like her and uneducated viewers who don't give those people a chance :(
I do believe the world is changing albiet slowly but it's easy to forget when there's so many white women influencing eachother into looking darker and more ethnic so far so that they're unrecognisable to who they look like when all that too dark for their skin make up is removed. Imagine how infuriating it must be for women of colour to shop for make up and it's all been taken by over self tanned white girls...wow.
Anyway I'm ranting, its 4.37am and I'm probably making zero sense. I think what i was trying to say is I'm sorry girls like jordan exist. I would never.
ahah don't worry about it, i'm still stalking these pages at 4.30 too. And you don't need to apologise. I'm not trying to bash Jordan or personally call her out, but I do think a degree of responsibility needs to be taken by a lot of british influencers who are going down this route. If you're going to profit of the ethnic look, at least be clued up on ethnic issues as a minimum, but usually its the vainest most vapid girls who are doing it, so they rarely have a clue. Jordan is beautiful and she'd still be beautiful if she embraced her natural ethnicity. I guess the crux of it is, she will be always be white, she will always be privileged, when this trend is old news, she can go back to looking white and make money a different way. The rest of us who actually look like that naturally will still have to deal with racism and ignorance that she's completely oblivious too. She gets all the good bits of looking ethnic, can pick and chose what she likes about it, but she'll never have to face the reality of being non-white.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Didn’t someone say in this thread she copied Patricia Brights style of videos? She really isn’t unique in the slightest. It’s funny how all these white influencers band together, you rarely see an ethic girl in their friendship group. They are all clones of each other these girls and their videos all the same.

Reactions: 2
It’s just her mannerisms and the weird little noises she does and all those hand movements... it’s so not authentic! She can’t be like that 24/7

Reactions: 12
theres an influencer called courtney berry who literally is the worst when it comes to black fishing! don't know if there is a thread for her or not.

Reactions: 1
When I first watched her I did think she was mixed The same colour as me . then when I saw her without her makeup on I was like wtf she is white there is a difference between having a tan and there is fraud identity 😂😂😂

Reactions: 7
Why does she always look at the camera and pout? It’s so annoying. Yes, Jordan we get that, you fancy yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's difficult because she annoys the hell out of me but I always end up going back to her videos? 😂 Imo, she's a gorgeous girl and I do like her makeup looks but then I feel like she's so fake? I think she needs to tone down the fake tan a bit

Reactions: 5
I love Jordan ngl, but over the time she's been with Jake she's changed slightly. A bit to in your face. I get that's growing up and what not but she seems not so down to earth.

Also her newest video, 6 figures in her business account, girl is doing good I guess.

I love Jordan ngl, but over the time she's been with Jake she's changed slightly. A bit to in your face. I get that's growing up and what not but she seems not so down to earth.

Also her newest video, 6 figures in her business account, girl is doing good I guess.
Six figures yet still lives at home? Yes she does well but her videos don’t get as many views as you’d think for someone over a million subscribers.

Like someone said she’s become more showy since being with Jake, she was actually bearable when she was with her previous boyfriend. And Jakes become a typical YouTuber boyfriend, going on all these brand trips with her. Does he actually work or does he work for her?

Six figures yet still lives at home? Yes she does well but her videos don’t get as many views as you’d think for someone over a million subscribers.

Like someone said she’s become more showy since being with Jake, she was actually bearable when she was with her previous boyfriend. And Jakes become a typical YouTuber boyfriend, going on all these brand trips with her. Does he actually work or does he work for her?
I thought that because her videos don't really get many views yet 6 figures is quite a lot for, so she must earn a lot through brand deals.

And I think exactly the same with jake its super showy in your face and has anyone noticed how much she talks about sex and that now.

I would assume a good chunk of her money comes from brand deals. I’m sure she’s done some big campaigns before with Urban Decay, NYX etc. And she had her beauty bay palettes although I’m not sure how much money she would have got from that.

If you don’t watch YouTube you wouldn’t have a clue who she is. It’s mad to think she’s had deals with Missguided, Nyxx and Beauty Bay. I think she must get brand deals as the brand will think because she has over a million subs your well known.

I watched her from the beginning when she still worked at Tesco I think it was and she was just so much more relatable. She’d also film products she bought, now she just reviews things she’s been sent or is being paid to say good things about. Also she looked so different, her foundation actually matched her back then too!

She just isn’t relatable anymore and her and Jake have become a show couple, like if they’d just come out of Love Island.

Her other boyfriend before Jake, they did relatable videos together and didn’t show off or talk about sex. He also wasn’t up her arse all the time while she was away on brand deals.

It's so annoying not being able to get your foundation shade - because white girls are buying it to match their "tan"

Reactions: 10
She never ever says what it is her boyfriend actually does, strikes me as gangster wannabe drug dealer type 😂
Also THAT ACCENT 🤢 so so fake

Reactions: 16
I don't think fake tanning in itself is necessarily wrong because from what I as a brown girl can tell, having a little bit of a tan makes a lot of white girls feel confident. I don't think Soph's for example is excessive because she doesn't look like a different person with it on. However with Jordan it's a little uncomfortable in my opinion - and as someone else said before I get the vibe that she's trying to seem ethnically ambiguous.

Also unrelated, and I know it's personal preference - but the way she does her lips is so over the top. Dark unblended lip liner with a much lighter lip - super overlined. Forgive me if this is a trend I'm not aware of but it looks like she's going for the Bratz doll look lol

I thought exactly the same it’s the lip liner and pale lipstick.

8E14C736-AAE2-4917-9321-0AAE4703294C.png

Does anyone think her nails is a bit much? Ok who am I kidding, a lot of things are a bit much about her. She's changed so much in just a couple of years, she used to dress quite nice but now it seems like she's going for the baddie look a bit too hard. Overall I don't mind her, she seems quite nice although I do wonder if she's acting when in front of the camera cause I can't imagine her mannerisms being like that permanently.

Reactions: 12
That lip combo has to go. She looks great with a red lip or when she used to wear an orange toned lipstick! Also I think she's forgotten how to blend her contour

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.