Joe Wicks #4 His ego is bigger than his midget tree

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My son was 6 weeks premature and couldn't breastfeed as he didn't have the strength to suck properly. Then this absolute wanker tries to make women feel tit because the baby has formula. What an absolute egotistical piece of tit who actually knows duck all. If I was indie I'd be slamming that phone right in his needy smarmy gob. Let the poor kid eat in peace. Even getting your 2 year old to constantly stroke your ego. Saddo. The man has issues, serious issues. One downtrodden wife and 2 kids with eating disorders coming up. The way he spoke to rosie the other day was awful. Watch it Joe....one day she might tell you to duck off. You're already punching well above your weight you ugly jumped up little man.

Ultimate pushy parent. Imagine him at sports day. We had a dad like him at my sons school. Warmed up on the sidelines before the dads race. Had to win. We all hated him!
He reminds me of my teenage sisters best friends mum. She makes her go out on runs to train for pe, anytime they do a new sport she makes her read the rules and watch it on YouTube to study technique. Its pe, not that deep. But I can totally see joe doing that.

Reactions: 1
i don’t know why but his mum shaming is really upsetting me. I’ve got 2 under 2 and feel like I’m doing a bit of a tit job right now trying to juggle them both. I worry that they’ll grow up and think I should have done better with them. Perhaps Joe’s mum was doing the best she could so why does he have to keep bringing it up?! Why not say, ‘we love reading to indie daily’ and leave it there. What if I die grows up and looks back and says that she felt insecure growing up because her dad was so obsessed with eating healthy all the time. He’s be devasted because he thinks he’s the worlds best dad! it’s a shame he can’t show any compassion or empathy for his own mother, given that he’s a parent himself.
This. Being a parent is hard and we all do it our own ways. Mistakes and all. To say that about his own mum after she was obviously just doing her best at the time is actually despicable. What a horrid little man. One day his kids will put him down, superdad of the year. I hope when that time comes (and it will) he remembers what he wrote about his own mum. Ewwwww he is actually a revolting person.

Reactions: 10
I’ve come on here as this has driven me crazy for so long! I love joe wicks and sr nutrition however Why don’t they ever give their kids normal food, even if healthy versions, where the classics, shep pie, spaghetti, casseroles, sausage and mash. Joe is slightly better than SR but the food they serve is so repetitive. SR once posted that raff went to a birthday party and she was disgusted that he had to have a jam scone I think it was, with crisps and she had to go and find some berries as no way he could go a meal without some fruit or veg. Like seriously. It’s a treat. They can make up for the lack of nutrition in that one meal a later time. That boy is going to have a shock when he starts school and sees all those treats he’s been denied for 4 years and his mum has no control over his diet 24/7 any more. At least joe gives indie some chocolate and ice lollies and homemade chips.
I remember that- she also wasn’t happy that he was exposed to Cheerios at nursery if I remember correctly. Was disappointed he wanted them as he usually only ate porridge or weetabix. My toddler loves Cheerios, must be a bad parent eh?! Haha

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Does anyone else think social media is overcomplicating parenting and it is all so competitive nowadays???

• Heart
Reactions: 37
At the end of the day we're all women doing our best particularly in the current situation. I can guarantee none of you are doing a 'crap' job. So what if your toddler gets a bit too much tv time or had a bowl of cornflakes for breakfast, a ham sandwich for dinner and chicken nuggets for tea (like mine yesterday 🙈) You're all doing a great job, your babies are loved and safe, ignore the daft prick xx

• Heart
Reactions: 32
At the end of the day we're all women doing our best particularly in the current situation. I can guarantee none of you are doing a 'crap' job. So what if your toddler gets a bit too much tv time or had a bowl of cornflakes for breakfast, a ham sandwich for dinner and chicken nuggets for tea (like mine yesterday 🙈) You're all doing a great job, your babies are loved and safe, ignore the daft prick xx
Agreed. I'm really glad I found this board and saw all the comments. It's made me more relaxed about feeding my daughter and enjoy it more rather than stressing over each mouthful she does or doesn't eat.

Reactions: 9
When I first starting weaning my son, I feel like Instagram blw pages had just started taking off... felt so bad I wasn’t giving him chia seeds or sprinkling nutritional yeast over a three bean salad 😂
My mom gave my head a wobble and sorted me out!
There’s enough stuff you worry about with babies/kids as it is without this tosspot spouting his crap, he’s definitely not an example to follow, if my brother or sister spoke about mum that way no way would I let it slide!

Reactions: 15
Agreed. I'm really glad I found this board and saw all the comments. It's made me more relaxed about feeding my daughter and enjoy it more rather than stressing over each mouthful she does or doesn't eat.
Guarantee you're a great mum. I'd rather have a mum like you than a dad like joe and I'm not alone on that.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone else think social media is overcomplicating parenting and it is all so competitive nowadays???
I absolutely do. I’ve only been a mum 8 months but it’s taken me that long to realise all the weaning experts, sleep consultants etc online were giving me unrealistic expectations, and anxiety that I’m not doing well because my kid doesn’t sleep and he eats pouches half the time!

My partner had to give me a talking to about the fact our baby is happy, healthy and developing fine...and these ‘experts’ are most of the time self-professed (I.e. joe is not even qualified in nutrition) and just trying to exploit parental anxiety for financial gain. It’s disgusting really.

I remember that- she also wasn’t happy that he was exposed to Cheerios at nursery if I remember correctly. Was disappointed he wanted them as he usually only ate porridge or weetabix. My toddler loves Cheerios, must be a bad parent eh?! Haha
She’s working with another instagrammer now who has been a mum for 2 weeks...🙄
SR is just looking for fame and fortune the same as Joe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I’m sure I remember Joe saying that his mum loaned him some money to buy equipment to start his business. Does anyone remember that when he told the story of his success? I guess he’s forgotten that considering all the digs he’s taking at her at the moment. Very sad.

Reactions: 16

Absolutely! It’s all a big competition to see who’s a ‘better’ parent! I get sick to the back teeth of how it is!

Reactions: 6
I feel super lucky I have never been remotely "influenced" by any of these influencers, if I have a parenting question I will ask a friend or something.

It must be horrible to compare yourselves to these people and think you're doing everything wrong, they should really think about what they are posting and how it can effect people.

I don't even follow most of them just watch their stories and then read the threads as they are so funny 😂 getting me through lockdown one thread at a time!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think Joe probably had a childhood like many of us did. Busy working parents that did the best they could. He really needs to remember how privileged he is to be home all day with his babies, not worrying about how to make ends meet. Imagine still being mad at your mum 30 years on for not being breastfed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Just to add to this, there’ll be mums and dads watching his tit who have children who are not speaking like Indie, through no one’s fault, just normal child development, and they could believe they’ve done something wrong. Maybe they haven’t done enough flash cards, maybe they haven’t talked enough to their child...etc etc. No one needs this total zero making them feel bad, he has no clue on children, he’s using his first child as an experiment and wings his way through every phase preaching as if he’s an expert. For all he knows, Marley might not say a word until he’s 2, no matter how many flashcards he shoves in his face. I really hope there are not parents at home feeling horrendously guilty because some moron’s child is ahead of theirs. It’s parent shaming of the worst kind, wrapped up in a massive exploitative sales machine. “Buy my book and you’ll be a perfect parent like me!” BULLSHIT.
This exactly! My daughter is 2 and only says a handful of words, she’s super bright but has a speech delay. I’m a single mum with disabilities and I’m finding tings a real struggle at the moment and I always feel like I don’t do enough for her as nothing is ever enough for your child. Then people like joe come along not only making me feel like I’ve not done enough (we do flash cards she doesn’t give a tit) but shaming the childhood he had stating it’s a bad childhood. I live in a Council house and feed my daughter sandwiches sometimes, I don’t read to her every night as some nights I’m in crippling pain and I just can’t. So I’m giving her a bad childhood am I? I’ve unfollowed him and blocked so I don’t have to see his tit anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.