Joe Wicks #4 His ego is bigger than his midget tree

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
god my eyes rolled at the chocolate test. Jesus Christ she’s probably too scared to eat the chocolate without Joe’s explicit permission in case she gets told off- a bit like when she fed the ducks but ate all the bread and his head exploded!! Btw I don’t know why my font is italicised.
His advice is absolute bullshit. His children are going to have issues growing up, either with Their temperaments or with food. All you working mums who have BF, formula fed, said
duck it and opened a tin of beans and thrown some bread in the toaster in an evening, bribed your kid with sugar, you are All doing an amazing job. Your kids are loved, clean and fed. You are not crap even when you May feel like it (at the minute isn’t that most of time lol?!). Your babies (not matter how old they are) love you and you are perfect to them.

so Joe, piss off with your mum shaming, tell her you are sorry and that she did a splendid job bringing you up and stop blaming the way you were as a kid on your parents. For example, You were hyperactive or is that not just boisterous?? Maybe fuelled by sugar but mainly fuelled by your hormones and energy as a child.

On a side note I bet that chocolate in the test was dark chocolate not a lovely piece of dairy milk for kiddo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I so wanted indie to scoff that chocolate!
I did it with my kiddos with Pringles and they launched on the bowl while I was still beside them 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think Joe probably had a childhood like many of us did. Busy working parents that did the best they could. He really needs to remember how privileged he is to be home all day with his babies, not worrying about how to make ends meet. Imagine still being mad at your mum 30 years on for not being breastfed.
yeah you’re right, exactly. He obviously has some deep issues and resentment about his (perfectly adequate) childhood which he really just needs to get over now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The thing about him banging on about he used to be hyperactive and blaming it on his diet as a kid and blaming his mum.... hes literally still hyperactive, he hasn't changed at all and has no idea

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Does anyone else think social media is overcomplicating parenting and it is all so competitive nowadays???
yes 100% ..im sure i messed up loads of parenting my daughters but thankfully- it was pre any social media so i wasnt made to feel inadequate.
i do really feel for parents now..i think a lot of them make things really hard for themselves trying to keep up an image or keeping up with the crap thats rammed down their throats online.
i feel a lot of parents dont really enjoy their children because of this.

Reactions: 6
This exactly! My daughter is 2 and only says a handful of words, she’s super bright but has a speech delay. I’m a single mum with disabilities and I’m finding tings a real struggle at the moment and I always feel like I don’t do enough for her as nothing is ever enough for your child. Then people like joe come along not only making me feel like I’ve not done enough (we do flash cards she doesn’t give a tit) but shaming the childhood he had stating it’s a bad childhood. I live in a Council house and feed my daughter sandwiches sometimes, I don’t read to her every night as some nights I’m in crippling pain and I just can’t. So I’m giving her a bad childhood am I? I’ve unfollowed him and blocked so I don’t have to see his tit anymore.
We only just started consistently reading to our first kid every night when he started school, prior to that it was really hit and miss, mainly miss. So don’t worry! We found that constantly chatting to him he was learning loads! They learn SO MUCH from you chatting anything, even the mundane! As soon as they start reception they learn loads quickly in terms of recognising words, phonics, etc. So up until then it’s fine even if they barely do anything structured, they just want to play with their toys and watch and listen to you. And there’s nothing wrong with sandwiches! Kids and adults love a sarny!x

god my eyes rolled at the chocolate test. Jesus Christ she’s probably too scared to eat the chocolate without Joe’s explicit permission in case she gets told off- a bit like when she fed the ducks but ate all the bread and his head exploded!! Btw I don’t know why my font is italicised.
His advice is absolute bullshit. His children are going to have issues growing up, either with Their temperaments or with food. All you working mums who have BF, formula fed, said
duck it and opened a tin of beans and thrown some bread in the toaster in an evening, bribed your kid with sugar, you are All doing an amazing job. Your kids are loved, clean and fed. You are not crap even when you May feel like it (at the minute isn’t that most of time lol?!). Your babies (not matter how old they are) love you and you are perfect to them.

so Joe, piss off with your mum shaming, tell her you are sorry and that she did a splendid job bringing you up and stop blaming the way you were as a kid on your parents. For example, You were hyperactive or is that not just boisterous?? Maybe fuelled by sugar but mainly fuelled by your hormones and energy as a child.

On a side note I bet that chocolate in the test was dark chocolate not a lovely piece of dairy milk for kiddo
Brilliant. I missed this, did he shout at her for eating the bread?

Reactions: 1
The thing about him banging on about he used to be hyperactive and blaming it on his diet as a kid and blaming his mum.... hes literally still hyperactive, he hasn't changed at all and has no idea
So true! He could do with some sedation!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I am really uncomfortable with this whole ‘chocolate challenge’ with toddlers. It feels really unfair. I know I wouldn’t tease my toddler with it.

but.... engagement 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 15
I am really uncomfortable with this whole ‘chocolate challenge’ with toddlers. It feels really unfair. I know I wouldn’t tease my toddler with it.

but.... engagement 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
I don't mind the 'challange' I don't think it teasing them if they eat it they eat it and if they don't they get to eat it 2 minutes later 🤷

Last edited:
View attachment 1217396am this morning, wean in 15 page put up ask me a question. I assumed it would have been Rosie asking...nope, Joe's in hospital and plugging his book and plan. And what a bloody answer!!! If I was Rosie I'd be fuming that he replied like this!!!
Still can't get over the detail he went into about his wives nipples and medical problem

• Haha
Reactions: 5
He’s even filming them hoovering and tidying the house! He’s been reading Tattle for sure

• Haha
I watched the video of Indie having two pieces of chocolate in front of her, and he had the bloody audacity to bite into the second piece himself. Wtf. Keep your mitts off it; she only had two squares to start with.

Reactions: 8
I watched the video of Indie having two pieces of chocolate in front of her, and he had the bloody audacity to bite into the second piece himself. Wtf. Keep your mitts off it; she only had two squares to start with.
He’s always taking her food! He clearly needs bigger portions with the exercise he does!

Reactions: 3
Brilliant. I missed this, did he shout at her for eating the bread?
Yeah was a while ago and her grandparents took her to feed the ducks. He didn’t shout but in the video when she wouldn’t eat her Dinner (probs sick of eating curry) he kept going on and on and on about her eating the bread before the ducks could have any hence why she wasn’t eating. It was rather amusing (y) it was around the time she would go some 6 or 7 hours in the day without a snack or a morsel or food.

Reactions: 3
For all the people commenting they feel like bad parents for cuz reason, stop for a minute and think about whether youd still feel as bad if instagram and these influencers weren't a thing. If you didnt have this unattainable benchmark to meet, would you be as worried as you are or would it be on a far more manageable level? We all worry we could do more for our kids, parents always have, but social media has made it so competitive to parent your child now. If your child is fed, clean, and mostly happy, you're doing great. The rest is surplus.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

but.... engagement 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Ditto it is teasing and I find it a bit arrogant. Just give them some chocolate. I introduced chocolate to my son when he was about a year, I don’t understand why people hold back with a few buttons Or a biscuit here and there after lunch as a treat. Or on a bad day...to get them to sit still in their car seat when you buckle them in :oops:

whoever said about his hyperactivity now is absolutely right. I think he needs to come to terms with who he is, he is clearly a person with lots of energy, maybe a bit manic and boisterous.

Ditto it is teasing and I find it a bit arrogant. Just give them some chocolate. I introduced chocolate to my son when he was about a year, I don’t understand why people hold back with a few buttons Or a biscuit here and there after lunch as a treat. Or on a bad day...to get them to sit still in their car seat when you buckle them in :oops:
That's not the same thing as the challenge though. It's not kids who have never had chocolate and if it was it would probably be pointless as they wouldn't be excited to eat it of they didn't know what it was ?

Also Indie does get chocolate and ice cream etc but he doesn't always show it which is unfair and a bit sneaky to his audience. He admitted recently that he buys her kinder chocolate a lot but that he was going to stop.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.