Joe Wicks #4 His ego is bigger than his midget tree

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I learned (from SR Nutrition!) that most meals for children should have a protein/iron source (eg egg, pulses, nuts, meat). Meanwhile I’d say over half of the meals Indie has are veggie (which is fine!) but without any protein/iron...like this stupid risotto. And this man wrote a weaning book!!!

Reactions: 5
Bull.bleeping.tit.
He blatantly ate the rest and is trying to pass it off as her eating it. She didn't want it but he still kept shoveling it in her mouth, no respect for boundaries, even though she's only 2 he is still not allowing her any choice about anything she eats!

Reactions: 6
Did anyone else feel really uncomfortable watching his latest video on wean in 15? Indie was clearly avoiding the veg in his ‘yummy’ veg risotto (to be fair I’d eat all of that!) so he decided to spoon feed (force feed) her the veg.

She‘s nearly 2 she does not need spoon feeding. Let her choose what and how much she eats!
Yep I felt really uncomfortable 😣 Also you could see how desperate and hungry she was for food she literally dived in to the rice ! I’m sure she was asking for ice cream 🍦🤔 Just wondering how all this camera in the face whilst feeding is going to pan out the more Indie can speak ! It’s all very unnatural and unnerving !!

Just thinking about Indies cook book when she leaves home 🏠 📖
The forward for Indies book:
BAKING AT HOME WITH INDIE
When I was younger my parents were so uneducated they thought we should only eat Kale and frittas and exercise madly every day.
My cravings for sweet things and normal food were overwhelming.
When I left home I gained 6 stone because I could suddenly eat whatever I wanted when I wanted !
My love for Home baking started then my book is filled with delicious home bakes ,luxurious brownies,double chocolate cheesecakes and my specialty Red velvet cake.
After a while I got to grips with normal eating and lost the 6 stone and came to except that I could still eat sweet things and have a normal healthy diet.It wasn’t my parents fault they thought they were doing the best for me I'm
Sure.
So delve in and enjoy my delicious home bakes
Love Indie x

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Yep I felt really uncomfortable 😣 Also you could see how desperate and hungry she was for food she literally dived in to the rice ! I’m sure she was asking for ice cream 🍦🤔 Just wondering how all this camera in the face whilst feeding is going to pan out the more Indie can speak ! It’s all very unnatural and unnerving !!

Just thinking about Indies cook book when she leaves home 🏠 📖
The forward for Indies book:
BAKING AT HOME WITH INDIE
When I was younger my parents were so uneducated they thought we should only eat Kale and frittas and exercise madly every day.
My cravings for sweet things and normal food were overwhelming.
When I left home I gained 6 stone because I could suddenly eat whatever I wanted when I wanted !
My love for Home baking started then my book is filled with delicious home bakes ,luxurious brownies,double chocolate cheesecakes and my specialty Red velvet cake.
After a while I got to grips with normal eating and lost the 6 stone and came to except that I could still eat sweet things and have a normal healthy diet.It wasn’t my parents fault they thought they were doing the best for me I'm
Sure.
So delve in and enjoy my delicious home bakes
Love Indie x
She was definitely saying ice cream!

Bull.bleeping.tit.
she only ate it all because he force fed her.

Reactions: 1
she only ate it all because he force fed her
If I have ever grabbed the spoon and tried to feed my little boy vegetables, he's having none of it, just turns his head away and cranes his neck! On the rare occasions where I have been successful in spooning it in, he manages to perform a yoga act with his tongue and spit the vegetable out whilst still eating the pasta/rice! 🤣 Maybe I should get Joe to come round and educate me on how to get round that by playing relaxing music and 'role modelling'.

(I think I did actually see indie attempting to pick the vegetable out of her mouth but by the time she found it he'd already shoveled another mouthful in.)

she only ate it all because he force fed her.
Which goes against the majority of weaning advice and promoting good eating habits with children. Most now say the parent decides on 'what, when and where' and the child on 'whether and how much'. It's not good to encourage a child to clear her their plate by spoon feeding them as it weakens their ability to identify when they are satisfied whether you think their hungry or not. He probably realised Indie was still hungry as she asked for ice cream, so why didn't he follow his usual advice of reoffering an hour later? Mixed messages there from Joe. He seems so desperate to portray Indie as a good eater and like everyone says, it will have repercussions later on if what we see on Insta is how he is all of the time with her and food. He just needs to back off and let her enjoy meal times. Sad really.

One other thing, I'm presuming SR Nutrition has been paid by Joe to contribute towards the book and give advice, so surely her posts about the Wean in 15 book should be declared as an ad? I doubt she's doing it for free. Whenever I've seen her post (stories/grid) about the book nothing is declared.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
It definitely seemed like it was too hot for her when he spoon fed it to her. And she’s literally whimpering for her food the last few vids I’ve seen but he’s too busy filming it. Film it and then walk it over to her if you really need to, don’t tease her with it in front of her.

Reactions: 3
Kids make it clear when there’s something they don’t like with food, I’m all for getting them to try things a few time’s etc etc
But force feeding? Disgusting.
All else fails let her have some toast and try again another time it’s really not the end of the world

God imagine your early formative years spent with a phone in your face filming everything you eat? Madness.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
If I have ever grabbed the spoon and tried to feed my little boy vegetables, he's having none of it, just turns his head away and cranes his neck! On the rare occasions where I have been successful in spooning it in, he manages to perform a yoga act with his tongue and spit the vegetable out whilst still eating the pasta/rice! 🤣 Maybe I should get Joe to come round and educate me on how to get round that by playing relaxing music and 'role modelling'.

(I think I did actually see indie attempting to pick the vegetable out of her mouth but by the time she found it he'd already shoveled another mouthful in.)
Also little ones are more likely to try something if its bright and vibrant, half of that roasted veg on her plate looked like charcoal. Thats not appetising to anyone 🙁

He needs to accept that she doesn't want the vegetables today. I think it is gross that he force fed her them all for his own sad ego.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Did anyone else feel really uncomfortable watching his latest video on wean in 15? Indie was clearly avoiding the veg in his ‘yummy’ veg risotto (to be fair I’d eat all of that!) so he decided to spoon feed (force feed) her the veg.

She‘s nearly 2 she does not need spoon feeding. Let her choose what and how much she eats!
Yes I did-and
The hunger cries
Before hand too 😩 can't she just have egg on toast -they'd save themselves allot of
Faff-so
Much bleeping faff -chilli this Cajun that,he mentioned about mixing veg with spices makes
Them
Taste better-really -isn't that defeating the objective,I personally think they taste nice. I have a 6yr
Old she eats all the foods she does it because we eat it,she's up for taste tests,she's up for anything,she's wonderful,I didn't do anything special,and she bloody loves a bit of beans on toast too. And chocolate on toast-he sends me bananas just watching. I love the foods he turns out at times but not for every meal of the day -poor kid ,they are treating her like she's in a testing lab. (Sorry not ranting at you of
Course just got carried away 😂)

God imagine your early formative years spent with a phone in your face filming everything you eat? Madness.
This 100000% it’s just awful, unnatural and pretty much unacceptable that this little girl has nearly every meal time filmed and uploaded to millions of people with the sole purpose of promoting the parent’s dubious weaning book. It’s shameful parenting and if most reasonable people stopped to think about it beyond being blinded by his PE saviour fame like lemmings, and challenged him more, he might have to stop and think about his actions too and the ominous repercussions they might have on his innocent children

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Honestly that latest video of Indie instantly flicking away the veg made me chuckle, up yours Wicks I’ve never had any veg rejected by my FORMULA fed 3 year old ever and I didn’t have to judge any one else parenting styles to make my child a good eater. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Risotto again... how can this man have so many books when he only cooks risotto or chickpea mush?!?

Reactions: 9
It definitely seemed like it was too hot for her when he spoon fed it to her. And she’s literally whimpering for her food the last few vids I’ve seen but he’s too busy filming it. Film it and then walk it over to her if you really need to, don’t tease her with it in front of her.
It looked like she wanted to spit it out because she didn't like it to me , but I imagine she gets told off for that ( because children always spit food out yet we never see her doing it?) So just looked disgusted at the veg she didn't want

Reactions: 4
If you look at the Wean in 15 grid posts, Indie has had salmon for dinner for the past 3 days. Far from a varied and balanced diet!
Someone has also commented under the veg ratatouille pic that it is a Gusto recipe as they had it for dinner as well.

Am now convinced that what we see on the videos is not Indie’s real dinner but purely promotional stuff for the book.

Reactions: 7
I’ve just watched the stories again and please let me know if anyone else can see the hot steam coming off it😣 that’s why the poor girl blows it herself😣

• Sad
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.