Joe Sugg #7 living in domestic bliss, please don't say you've moved near your sis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not really sure about this - most Strictly viewers didn't know who Joe was and they got to the final because he had the Nan factor. Dev was attractive and quite good, but she choreographed a dreadful cha cha cha and he went out. I'd be interested to see what she does with a good dancer, but I don't really think her choreo is in the same bracket as dancers who have won.

Re Oti - nobody could have guessed that she'd have got that far with Bill. I think even production expected Bill to be rubbish and leave after a few weeks. It isn't Oti's fault that she's popular with the viewers and produces some great dances. Even if she is given a complete no-hoper this year, people still might vote for her.
There’s a reason people like Oti and Giovanni consistently go far in the competition,because they are good at their jobs. I had Ranvir down as an early exit but Gio worked his usual magic and managed to get her to the semis. I was sure Bill was getting Dianne at the start but I don’t think he would have won if he was with Dianne.

I feel like on strictly Dianne actually tries to teach her partners the proper basic technique which is great but can lead to her routines coming across as a bit dull and boring and often quite forgetful. It’s a Saturday night entertainment show and that’s how the routines with innovative choreography and even the comedy routines get the votes.

Reactions: 6
There’s a reason people like Oti and Giovanni consistently go far in the competition,because they are good at their jobs. I had Ranvir down as an early exit but Gio worked his usual magic and managed to get her to the semis. I was sure Bill was getting Dianne at the start but I don’t think he would have won if he was with Dianne.

I feel like on strictly Dianne actually tries to teach her partners the proper basic technique which is great but can lead to her routines coming across as a bit dull and boring and often quite forgetful. It’s a Saturday night entertainment show and that’s how the routines with innovative choreography and even the comedy routines get the votes.
This is exactly what I wanted to say - she doesn't work with what they have and gets bogged down with the technique! Well put.

The only routines of Dianne's I really remember were choreographed by others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
The routines I remember of Dianne's were Joe's Quickstep and Showdance. Both of those were good.

I hope her next partner fits her vibe better. I don't think she & Max George quite clicked. Nothing wrong with it but they had different energies and styles.

Reactions: 4
The routines I remember of Dianne's were Joe's Quickstep and Showdance. Both of those were good.

I hope her next partner fits her vibe better. I don't think she & Max George quite clicked. Nothing wrong with it but they had different energies and styles.
I love the fact that Max gave no fucks and looked like he didn’t want to be there half the time while Dianne’s stressed af running off the dance floor crying and making him rehearse in the carpark😂😭

I love the fact that Max gave no fucks and looked like he didn’t want to be there half the time while Dianne’s stressed af running off the dance floor crying and making him rehearse in the carpark😂😭
Was she that stressed out?

I didn’t think Joe was a main character in the syndicate? Shows that it’s another stunt casting that he’s ok the magazine covers etc

Reactions: 1

I dont think thats true I mean there were some years Oti and Giovanni didn't make it that far ie. Giovanni's partners - Laura Whitmore and Michelle Visage plus don't even talk about that horrific jive Ranvir did which gave them the boot last year. Oti's partners - Anthony Ogogo and Jonnie Peacock.

Pro's do have fans but ultimately it's down to the likeability of the contestant; I think the strictly producers underestimated Bill's popularity they thought as he was old he wouldn't get very far but he did have a strong fan base and showed he could pull off some fairly decent dances.

I dont think thats true I mean there were some years Oti and Giovanni didn't make it that far ie. Giovanni's partners - Laura Whitmore and Michelle Visage plus don't even talk about that horrific jive Ranvir did which gave them the boot last year. Oti's partners - Anthony Ogogo and Jonnie Peacock.

Pro's do have fans but ultimately it's down to the likeability of the contestant; I think the strictly producers underestimated Bill's popularity they thought as he was old he wouldn't get very far but he did have a strong fan base and showed he could pull off some fairly decent dances.
I don’t know what your definition of ‘didn’t make it that far’ is but Michelle made Blackpool and Jonnie just missed out imo that’s far into the competition😂

I just listed Oti and Gio as examples as like I said before they are consistently getting their partners far in the completion and it’s nothing to do with ‘pro popularity’ that doesn’t exist when it comes to votes. It because they can choreograph for their partners and build up a good rapport with them which translates well to the viewers which in turn gets the votes in.

Was she that stressed out?
Max talked about her running off crying during rehearsals in an interview.

Yeah, I think the pros who go far (and generally that is Oti and Giovanni) have a really good connection with their partner and work to their strengths while creating excellent routines. I don't know what it is about Dianne that makes her so forgettable, but I suspect this is why production have made her keep the red hair.

I think she felt the pressure with Max after an unfair early elimination the year before, so I can understand her getting upset.

Reactions: 4
I think last year it was just all a bit intense with the whole bubbling/isolating thing, the pressure to put on a really good show when nothing else was happening, the trolling and media scrutiny that Dianne seemed to be under etc etc. Hopefully this year will all be more relaxed

I don’t know what your definition of ‘didn’t make it that far’ is but Michelle made Blackpool and Jonnie just missed out imo that’s far into the competition😂

I just listed Oti and Gio as examples as like I said before they are consistently getting their partners far in the completion and it’s nothing to do with ‘pro popularity’ that doesn’t exist when it comes to votes. It because they can choreograph for their partners and build up a good rapport with them which translates well to the viewers which in turn gets the votes in.

Max talked about her running off crying during rehearsals in an interview.
I just replied to your post because you were making it seem like Oti and Gio have always succeeded with their contestants. I believe that Oti and Anthony didn't get along and neither did Gio and Laura.
Dianne was unfortunate the week her and Dev were eliminated because they got the cha cha which is inherently boring plus it was a week which other contestants that did poorly previous did really well that week which made them vunerable in the middle of the table. With Max it really should have been JJ in the bottom but he got the Prince Harry VT push plus they probably wouldn't have been in the bottom score wise if Craig hadn't given them a 5.

I don't think any of the eliminations were Dianne's fault and dont think if they had been partnered with another female pro they would have gotten any further. Dianne always has the benefit of getting along with their partners regardless and they have nothing but good things to say about her after the show.

This is turning into a bit of a strictly thread; I think any more in depth strictly talk should go in that thread

Reactions: 3
I’m not sure Max has had anything much to say about Dianne since the show, or vice versa

Yes they have you need to scroll and look; they don't comment on every single one of each others posts that would be weird!
Max posts regularly and the last post of his that Dianne liked (from a quick stalk) was the one with her in it from the strictly final in December.

Max posts regularly and the last post of his that Dianne liked (from a quick stalk) was the one with her in it from the strictly final in December.
I've definitely seen them comment on a post or two after the final.

I don't know what point you're trying to make but Max and Dianne have said nothing but good things about one another so...............🤷‍♀️

I've definitely seen them comment on a post or two after the final.

I don't know what point you're trying to make but Max and Dianne have said nothing but good things about one another so...............🤷‍♀️
I don't think anybody is suggesting they hate each other - just that they perhaps didn't have as good a connection as other contestants with their pros. Which is fine, it's not a criticism of Max or Dianne. They didn't seem to have a lot of chemistry in their dances or videos.

Also, commenting on somebody's social media isn't really a great indicator of how close you are!

Reactions: 2
I don't think anybody is suggesting they hate each other - just that they perhaps didn't have as good a connection as other contestants with their pros. Which is fine, it's not a criticism of Max or Dianne. They clearly didn't have a lot of chemistry.
I totally agree with you; I was just using the example that Dianne has gotten along with all of her contestants during strictly and after as opposed to Oti and Gio that's the point I was trying to make. I didn't say her and Max were best mates in constant contact since.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.