Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oti has said she won't do the comedy dance routines though so, if she got someone that was crap they would just have to be crap as opposed to 'flying on a zipwire' crap.

So she wants her dud celeb to be the boring type of incompetent? That’s a sure fire way to get yourself out the first or second week.

Look at how well Katya & Karen have done with duds - by injecting a bit of humour, they became popular and stayed longer than they ever would have expected to.

Reactions: 2
I feel like if they are keeping this lineup, they should instead try to give the pros different types of celebs than before. No boring model types with Aljaž, no "energetic, fun" contestants with Karen, no crazy comedy types with Katya, no winner with Oti, no unpopular ringer with Gorka, no middle aged celeb for Gio...you get my idea. Let's give them something different.

They were both way before she became more established. I feel like no matter who Oti gets they will get to at least week 4/5 based on her popularity alone 😂
A lot of people said that about Anton but his luck ran out with Jacqui & Susannah (first out 2x in 3 years), same for Kevin with Anneka.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Who do we think might be benched? There are rumours in the Sun that they are looking to sign up two new male pros, so if that happens, at least of them will probably be on the bench

I'm hoping Nancy will get a partner, just to freshen things up a bit.

I'd be surprised if they benched Graziano for a third year, but if they don't end up taking on any new male pros, then I can't see them picking him over Johannes or Aljaz either (if it comes down to height). I have no idea what they might do with Neil, but if they choose him over Gorka again... 🤬

Reactions: 1
Luba & Graziano should be the benched pros (and Anton but that won't happen unless he goes on the panel). Both were unimpressive with celebs and neither have huge followings. I can't see them picking Graziano over Aljaž or Johannes and they already have enough tall male pros.

I'd like to think that the new pros would get partners as would Nancy. Also no idea about Neil but I imagine there would be space for him, not a lot of short male pros around these days.

Reactions: 3
Luba & Graziano should be the benched pros (and Anton but that won't happen unless he goes on the panel). Both were unimpressive with celebs and neither have huge followings. I can't see them picking Graziano over Aljaž or Johannes and they already have enough tall male pros.

I'd like to think that the new pros would get partners as would Nancy. Also no idea about Neil but I imagine there would be space for him, not a lot of short male pros around these days.
I always thought it was quite telling that they chose Johannes to partner Caroline last year, even though Neil would have been a better height match for her. Even though Neil got further in the competition than Johannes the year before, he didn't really shine at all

Reactions: 5
I always thought it was quite telling that they chose Johannes to partner Caroline last year, even though Neil would have been a better height match for her. Even though Neil got further in the competition than Johannes the year before, he didn't really shine at all
Agreed, it was quite telling that Neil didn't get a celeb last year, especially given the fact that they were short on male pros while had a lot of short female celebs. Seems a bit odd to have someone with his credentials and always have him on the bench.

I've said this before but poor Neil. We were all 'why doesn't Neil get a proper partner?' when he was background and now we're all 'naaaah'. :LOL:

• Haha

I wonder if they’d keep Anton as a judge a surprise and reveal it in the partner show perhaps.

Reactions: 6
Haven't seen this one shared:

In short, Motsi was in doubt about being asked back for Strictly so signed up for the Let's Dance (German SCD) tour which is during SCD season. Turns out that SCD did want her back but with LD also having some of it's shows on Saturdays and travel restrictions being in place, this puts the BBC in a predicament as unless she can find her way out of these commitments, she can't judge for a chunk of the series.

Good news for Anton I guess...

My guess is that this gives us a 3 judge line-up with Motsi guest judging on a few of the weeks but there is no way that they can have her flying back and forth.

Surely that's good news all-round. She's pretty rubbish on the show and I suspect Bruno won't go away quietly so finally gives Anton his well deserved place. He was a bit safe but on the whole pretty good and with Motsi gone, it might calm Shirley down.

Although why can I see strictly screwing Anton over and give Oti the slot?

Reactions: 5
Surely that's good news all-round. She's pretty rubbish on the show and I suspect Bruno won't go away quietly so finally gives Anton his well deserved place. He was a bit safe but on the whole pretty good and with Motsi gone, it might calm Shirley down.

Although why can I see strictly screwing Anton over and give Oti the slot?
I think they could give it to Oti. Maybe they'll give her a first/second boot and then she can fill in for Motsi on the weeks she is unavailable.

On the other hand, I'd be shocked if Anton had no involvement with the judging if 2 judges are out for all/a chunk of the series.

Haven't seen this one shared:

In short, Motsi didn't think she'd be asked back for Strictly so signed up for the Let's Dance (German SCD) tour which is during SCD season. Turns out that SCD did want her back but with LD also having some of it's shows on Saturdays and travel restrictions being in place, this puts the BBC in a predicament as unless she can find her way out of these commitments, she can't judge for a chunk of the series.

Good news for Anton I guess...
What made her think she wouldn’t be asked back ?

I can’t imagine Let’s dance tour is offering her more money than the show (she’ll be on six figures like the other judges) seems really odd unless there’s backstage stuff the public don’t know about. I always thought the judges were automatically signed up unless they quit or wanted more money than the bbc were willing to pay out. I know she’s not everyone’s cup of tea but this a weird one. Unless she just wants to be nearer her child and husband and doesn’t want to be stuck in England if travel is still hard.

Reactions: 1
What made her think she wouldn’t be asked back ?
I think she may have caught on to a lot of people finding her a bit annoying and the Anton situation last year probably didn't help, it's always quite scary if your substitute goes down better than you.

I think she may have caught on to a lot of people finding her a bit annoying and the Anton situation last year probably didn't help, it's always quite scary if your substitute goes down better than you.
That’s a fair point about Anton. But still strikes me as odd as none of the other judges have said anything about being unsure they’re coming back.
Especially after all the dancers were offered contracts and basically confirmed as all returning around Xmas time. That’s why I’m curious if it’s a behind the scenes issue.

Really, Motsi hasn't wowed as a judge, the audience hasn't hugely taken to her and she wouldn't really be missed.

Here's hoping she doesn't make this series and Anton gets his rightful place on the judging panel.

No idea why she was actually chosen TBH - she only did 2 seasons as a pro on the German version (as opposed to Anton and any other ex pros who auditioned), she doesn't live here, we already had Bruno as the loud judge and there are lots of other options available. The BBC would have also known that they would have got criticism for hiring Motsi due to her relation to Oti. The only positive on paper was judging experience from Let's Dance but even then, there are other people with experience judging abroad who would probably do it.

This came up on my insta explore and it made me giggle. Basically playing himself. I mean fair play for trying something new but he and his attitude still irritate me.

AF1FC0CA-FE9F-4764-A1CF-6A6D8D84E722.jpeg

As for the judges situation who would they put in other than Anton ? Which former pros would be up for it ? And even if they were to offer it to Oti would she take it or would it potentially lead to a falling out between her and Motsi.

As a side question just how big is Let’s dance ? Is motsi famous a bit like Shirley and Craig turning up on other shows (stuff like master chef etc) or does she and the others go quiet for the rest of the year)

• Haha
As a side question just how big is Let’s dance ? Is motsi famous a bit like Shirley and Craig turning up on other shows (stuff like master chef etc) or does she and the others go quiet for the rest of the year)
I don't think Let's Dance is quite as big as Strictly but it's had 14 seasons so far and gets a 12 week run each year which suggests some degree of popularity. They also get roughly same calibre of celebs as we do. Not sure on how famous the regular on screen talent (judges & pros) are.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.