Jess Millichamp #2 We hate 10 minute takeover, give your oven a makeover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have PCOS and literally have to shave every day. At least I’m single now and only do it once a day, I used to have to do it before bed too 😢 so sick of it. Peach fuzz I can handle it’s the thick hairy chin hair that’s the issue 😂
Snap! Crap init

Reactions: 2
What tool do you use for the peach fuzz? I had one that my sister got me from Germany but it wasn't very good (this was a couple of years back) wondering where the best place to get one is? :)

Reactions: 1
Fair play to her. She is really using her platform to share research she has been doing and spreading the word, unlike some other influencers who done it on Tuesday and that was it.

Reactions: 14
What tool do you use for the peach fuzz? I had one that my sister got me from Germany but it wasn't very good (this was a couple of years back) wondering where the best place to get one is? :)
I bought the new Veet dermaplaning kit and the oil. My skin feels amazing after!

Is it sad that I'm missing her normal boring/ridiculous/funny stories, I'm all for BLM but I'm so bored scrolling through insta at the mo 😂

Reactions: 14
Does anyone remember this from last year ...

🤣 wtf. When have they ever gone to the gym? Must have missed that one ..... Never seen either of them exercise in any form. Jess maybe when she’s done like 1 home workout in her all in one Nike suit but no sign of that for a long time

• Haha
Is it sad that I'm missing her normal boring/ridiculous/funny stories, I'm all for BLM but I'm so bored scrolling through insta at the mo 😂
I nervously admitted the same to my friends this morning! I am interested and have been following and reading but I choose to do this via news outlets at a time that suits me. Instagram is (or has been) a nice escape for me and I enjoy aimlessly scrolling through cute, nice, fun things. The part that appealed to me the most was that it was only pictures and not links, stories, things to share etc. but now it's just become another Facebook with peoples strong opinions being rammed down my throat and I just want to see fun breakfasts or some nice clothes or a talking dog!

Reactions: 8
I nervously admitted the same to my friends this morning! I am interested and have been following and reading but I choose to do this via news outlets at a time that suits me. Instagram is (or has been) a nice escape for me and I enjoy aimlessly scrolling through cute, nice, fun things. The part that appealed to me the most was that it was only pictures and not links, stories, things to share etc. but now it's just become another Facebook with peoples strong opinions being rammed down my throat and I just want to see fun breakfasts or some nice clothes or a talking dog!

Agree, the BLM movement deserves the time and space on social media but I'm tapping through everyones stories and they are all sharing the same stuff, every profile I look at has shared the same links and pictures and facts, it's a lot of words and information and I'll be honest I'm not taking it in at all. Not everyone learns like that. Why don't these influencers actually come on and talk about it in their own words? Wether they are saying all the right things or not I'd rather hear your thoughts and feelings from you your self not a 100x regurgitated shared post.

Reactions: 7
Agree, the BLM movement deserves the time and space on social media but I'm tapping through everyones stories and they are all sharing the same stuff, every profile I look at has shared the same links and pictures and facts, it's a lot of words and information and I'll be honest I'm not taking it in at all. Not everyone learns like that. Why don't these influencers actually come on and talk about it in their own words? Wether they are saying all the right things or not I'd rather hear your thoughts and feelings from you your self not a 100x regurgitated shared post.
Because, as far as I can see, they’re sharing black peoples voices rather than their own which I think is exactly what’s needed at the moment. I’ll be honest, I feel overwhelmed too but it’s pretty easy just to flick through their/her stories until she’s actually talking and then she’s shared all the BLM posts on her profile so I’ve been going back and looking when I feel I can take it in.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am more than happy seeing the BLM posts just now as let’s be honest these people won’t post this forever. What I have an issue with is I follow a few people who post the same stuff. Like Jess posts everything that Chloe posts and someone else I can’t mind - it’s all exactly the same content, they’re not seeking out new info for people like they are making out

Reactions: 6
I am more than happy seeing the BLM posts just now as let’s be honest these people won’t post this forever. What I have an issue with is I follow a few people who post the same stuff. Like Jess posts everything that Chloe posts and someone else I can’t mind - it’s all exactly the same content, they’re not seeking out new info for people like they are making out

Yeah, instead of sharing post after post come on and say how YOU the person with the large platform are going to advocate and support going forward.

Those 2 guys I follow whatstheteakeekee, hilarious, they are hairdressers and they came out and commited to training in afro Carribbean hair once lockdown is over to be more inclusive within their business. That's someone actually taking time, money and thought to change their lives going forward. For me sharing posts isn't enough.

Reactions: 3
Yeah, instead of sharing post after post come on and say how YOU the person with the large platform are going to advocate and support going forward.

Those 2 guys I follow whatstheteakeekee, hilarious, they are hairdressers and they came out and commited to training in afro Carribbean hair once lockdown is over to be more inclusive within their business. That's someone actually taking time, money and thought to change their lives going forward. For me sharing posts isn't enough.
But surely nothing is ’enough’ at the moment? If she’s doing as much as she can without being overwhelmed then surely that’s enough. I don’t think we get a say in how much someone can do.

• Heart
But surely nothing is ’enough’ at the moment? If she’s doing as much as she can without being overwhelmed then surely that’s enough. I don’t think we get a say in how much someone can do.

Yeah not even jess, all of the influencers, all I see is post sharing and not enough actual change. At least she and the majority have had enough respect to put the Ads and hauls on pause for just now.

Absolutely. Most of us have the privilege of being pissed off because it feels too much. Some folk that's their lives. I know which situation I'd rather be in

• Heart
Reactions: 7
...and when she does come back on it’s just so gross... the hair, the face, the everything. I use to look at her and feel inspired.. that wore off long ago and it’s questionable as to why I even still follow. Her content is poor now and she’s really let herself go imo

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.