Jess Millichamp #2 We hate 10 minute takeover, give your oven a makeover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just watched her stories properly for the first time in a long time without flicking through to see if there’s a haul... she looks a lot bigger recently! I’m a 22/24 so I’m in no way fat shaming. I used to watch her stories and think there is no way she is a 24 or I’m in denial about how big I am and need to get a grip, but after seeing her dancing about in her kitchen in that foul as duck jumpsuit she is way bigger than she lets on isn’t she?! I’d say 28 at least 😟

Reactions: 5
I would love to know the true size of these bloggers I mean actual with a measuring tape and looking at the size guide, it's easy to pretend your a few sizes down living in leggings and baggys. I'm plus size but not to this scale I just wish there was more honesty, I don't get it at all 🙄

Reactions: 6
I think she did an okay job on Paul's hair

And the pink dress suits her much better

Just balancing it out really.

Reactions: 12
She did look lovely in the dress yesterday. And god I wish I’d done as good a job on my hubby and sons hair. I live a few minutes a way from Jess although don’t know her personally. We drink in the same area. She’s a very well liked person from the look of it. She always seems very happy. I do agree on the weight gain however and lack of hair washing. As a person who weighed nearly 18 stone then got down to just over 10 stone in 8 months and felt fantastic , I’ve now put on a good 3 stone in over the last 4 years and feel so sluggish and am desperate to get it off again. However I still dress well and wash my hair twice a week. So weight gains no excuse for not looking after yourself .

Reactions: 10
The thing is she's a plus size influencer. Me, personally I watch her for her hauls and try to gauge what would suit me. I don't get the body shaming or the slamming of her hair/skin at the end of the day that is neither hear nor there - it's not hurting us. She's not telling people to get to the size she is nor is she saying the size she is healthy. The dancing, isn't my favorite thing, I skip it. But I see multiple people on here saying they are of the larger size (as am I) and I can't help but think how I'd feel reading some of the fat shaming things people say on this thread. Who cares where her arse begins and ends - she's not showing you - nor is she asking you to wipe it, who cares what her oven looks like, she's not claiming to be the Mrs Hinch.

I just think people need to be mindful that some of the things that get said are really quite unnecessary.

Sorry for the rant.
Hi jess or one of her friends 🥱🥱🥱

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I agree for the most part - a lot of the comments are definitely people that have internalised fat phobia (even if they’re fat themselves) and projecting that onto influencers. Also the “health” police - who cares if someone else isn’t “healthy”? Whatever that means. Fat people should be able to exist in their bodies in peace without the fat phobic rhetoric of thinness being the ultimate goal. However, speculating on the size of clothes she shows / buys etc i think is fair game. I think it’s valid to say it’s pointless that she buys clothes at least 2 sizes too small for her (at this point) because that she does show us and is her “job” and as part of that it’s natural to discuss how she has physically changed in a short space of time.

As for the comments about her house keeping skills (or lack of!) I’m of the opinion that if she shows us her house in all states and comments on it herself, then again it’s out there for people to comment on it too. 🤷🏻‍♀️ and it speaks to the bigger issue of her general attitude and persona changing over time e.g she’s much more inclined to go days without washing now whereas before this wasn’t part of her shtick.

Reactions: 9
The thing is she's a plus size influencer. Me, personally I watch her for her hauls and try to gauge what would suit me. I don't get the body shaming or the slamming of her hair/skin at the end of the day that is neither hear nor there - it's not hurting us. She's not telling people to get to the size she is nor is she saying the size she is healthy. The dancing, isn't my favorite thing, I skip it. But I see multiple people on here saying they are of the larger size (as am I) and I can't help but think how I'd feel reading some of the fat shaming things people say on this thread. Who cares where her arse begins and ends - she's not showing you - nor is she asking you to wipe it, who cares what her oven looks like, she's not claiming to be the Mrs Hinch.

I just think people need to be mindful that some of the things that get said are really quite unnecessary.

Sorry for the rant.
This thread ain't for you then.
Theres a big difference between posting here and seeking out her insta to DM or comment negative things.
She puts herself out there, makes money from us in the form of ads and affiliate links. If I saw anybody at all advertising or making money in a public way then at the same time being grossly unkempt, dangerously unhealthy and just plain annoying then I'd react the same way, it's not just Jess.
Davina wouldnt get away with all those hair dye ads if she didnt wash for days, lived in a tip and promoted such a ridiculously unhealthy lifestyle. Anyone putting themselves out there will get opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry but shes busting out of her clothes (literally) shes telling people it's ok to gain weight because of the lockdown making out shes only got bigger in recent weeks, which is rubbish. Shes telling people shes only worried about staying alive but fails to mention obesity is thought to be a major risk factor for covid. I am not fat phobic, I'm not thinfobic but if she was a size 6 influencer promoting diet shakes or clean eating to stay 'thin' it would be ok to question her but because shes morbidly obese it's ok? Each end of the scale are not on and shouldn't be encouraged. It's not a popular opinion but it's just how I feel.

Reactions: 8

Sorry for the rant.
To be fair in some part I agree. I just would like Plus Size Influencers to be honest about the logistics of being the size or weight they are. I'm not bothered if she washes her hair or not. I'm not bothered where her ass ends or doesn't. I'm not bothered about her house as she's not a home Instagram. I would just like people to show the realities sometimes than saying it's all hunkdory. Surely at least one of these influencers (pretty sure it would be more) do suffer from the negative aspects of being plus size. Health wise...yes you can be healthy and nobody can judge internal health from the outside but size wise it will cause logistical issues in more areas than clothes. That's kind of where I'd like the honesty or more discussion about.

Reactions: 4
I'm not a friend of Jess nor herself. I live in Essex and have never been north of Manchester.

I just don't see the point in ripping someone apart for looks.
But why are you attempting to moderate?This is an open forum for us to discuss what we say and we have the same right to post our views in the same right you have to post yours. I don’t like some things I see in the Mrs Hinch thread, I just moved along

Reactions: 7
I'm not a friend of Jess nor herself. I live in Essex and have never been north of Manchester.

I just don't see the point in ripping someone apart for looks.
So you dont see the point of ''ripping someone apart for looks'' yet you passed comment on an innocent baby in the hinch thread...riiiight 🤔🤨

This is Tattle, a place where people are free to express their opinions without judgement from others whether you like it or not and whilst I appreciate you have also aired your opinion you have criticised someone else's in the process.

Maybe you should head over to the rave section and start a thread over there for Jess. Seems more your barrow!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.