Jess Millichamp #2 We hate 10 minute takeover, give your oven a makeover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lot of the plus size community that jess associates me has put a petition/awareness campaign about praising weight loss. Basically they think that because adele is getting all this attention for losing weight, that it is a bad thing.

This is exactly why jess wont ever lose weight while she is associated with her friends from the plus size community.

Personally I am plus size and I had nothing but praise when I seen adele's photos. To me it sounds like the plus size people doing this petition thing are shaming adele for being slim now
Completely agree! Why should Adele not be praised for her weight loss? She’s done amazing and i think losing weight and changing your lifestyle is bloody hard work! I’m currently losing weight and when people mention my loss I get a bit embarrassed but that’s just me, the praise may spur people on/keep them motivated.

Reactions: 3
I honestly think she’s disgusting for signing that petition now. All those plus size bloggers should be ashamed of themselves.

Maybe Adele lost that weight for medical reasons? Maybe she felt unfit and wanted to improved her health? Maybe she found a coping mechanism for her divorce in working out and it became a big part of her life?

I find a lot of that community very selfcentred - no one is being “fatphobic” or does it take away from you being a size 28, she looks good, why not celebrate that? Should we not celebrate those in our life who made healthier choices? I was a 22 and I’m now a 16 due to picking up exercise and I’m praised for looking better because I do?

I didn’t think I could lose anymore respect for Jess yet here we are

Reactions: 8
I'm fat, while I can see why people can think praising someone's weight loss could cause problems within their mindset. We have no idea why or indeed how Adele lost weight, nor really is it any of our business. It seems to quick because we only really see a pic of her 2-3 times per year. She isn't flogging us anything on insta, she isn't saying anything. So as I wish for 99% of people, above all I hope Adele is happy and healthy.

I think some of the people. Agreeing with the petition need to take a long hard look at themselves, bopo isn't just about being as fat as possible and wearing crop tops while telling everyone your health is fine and eating a whole birthday cake. it's about all bodies and the ability to change if you wish to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Why have all these plus size bloggers lost their tit about a 'celebrity' losing weight? We have no idea why Adele lost weight. And there are a million reasons why she did.

But these plus size bloggers- Not just Jess, they really want to be a size 24-28. Given the change your telling me they wouldn't want to change? Because i know i dam well would, if i had all the time money and resources to do it i would rather be a 10 over a 20!

Reactions: 7
Is it just me or does anyone else getting irritated that he’s called Milli? His name is Paul? I know it’s their surname BUT HIS NAME IS bleeping PAUL!
I can see why this would anger you! My best friend calls her husband by his nickname (their surname) but I always call him by his first name, I think it’s odd! X

Firstly, if Adele happy, weight loss or not, then fab!
Secondly, does Jess not look in a bloody mirror, her dripping, greasy face is too much...! Get a bit of kitchen towel!!
Thirdly, Did someone once tell her that hairstyle looks good??? Why that ponytail on head and rest of it lank. Looks like a 90's teenager gone wrong!
Phew!! Thanks, feel better 👍👍

Reactions: 1
I ventured into Twitter to see what BoPo 'advocates' had been writing. I won't be visiting again. One person preached about your bigger body still being valid even though everybody is praising Adele...surely if you feel inferior that's your problems not societies. She looks great, she looked great before. Who really cares? I saw something that said both sides of this argument i.e BoPo and otherwise should just stop commenting on people's weight. The BoPo people are just as bad as people being gross about people's appearance. Adele did not choose to be their poster girl for plus size women, she hasn't come on and said look at my progress pic, she hasn't slated her old body (which I get can piss people off still that side). So really nobody should be commenting.
If Jess has signed a petition of this kind of sorts I'll be very disappointed...what is there even to petition?

If these people have a problem with Adele’s weight loss, maybe they’re not as happy with themselves as they like to pretend.

Reactions: 6
I think the people that have an issue with this (which by the way is ridiculous, Adele looks amazing, she looks healthy and happy & that’s the main thing as far as I’m concerned) are people who have issues with themselves. Oh how dare you praise someone for living a healthy lifestyle?! What the hell.

If that pisses Jess off, then the only reason for that is envy in my opinion. If Jess lived a healthy lifestyle a natural bi-product of that would be a bit of weightless, does that mean she’s not all about body positivity? No, it means she’s about a healthy lifestyle. Jesus Christ the world has gone CRAZY

Reactions: 8
Was talking about this Adele sitch with a friend at work today. The only thing I have a problem with is that does anyone know how she lost weight? As in, does anyone know that she actively chose to lose weight and in a healthy way, which absolutely would be applaudable, she does look great (I think she always looked great though) because what if it turned out she had an eating disorder, or had lost the weight through mental health problems, or other unhealthy ways, and then there’s her being celebrated cos she’s thin, regardless of how she got there. That to me would be problematic, as I don’t believe being skinny trumps being healthy, physically and mentally, that’s my only view on it all tbh. She doesn’t have a responsibility to the plus size community to remain curvy, if she’s chose to change her body (healthily!!) good for her and stuff everyone else!

Reactions: 14
I really like Jess but I’m so disappointed in her views on Adele. Just because she’s (apparently) happy with her weight doesn’t mean everyone would be and if she wants people to not judge her by her weight then she shouldn’t be judging Adele on her weight loss. Live and let live, she’s very judgy for someone so body positive.

Reactions: 6
Was talking about this Adele sitch with a friend at work today. The only thing I have a problem with is that does anyone know how she lost weight? As in, does anyone know that she actively chose to lose weight and in a healthy way, which absolutely would be applaudable, she does look great (I think she always looked great though) because what if it turned out she had an eating disorder, or had lost the weight through mental health problems, or other unhealthy ways, and then there’s her being celebrated cos she’s thin, regardless of how she got there. That to me would be problematic, as I don’t believe being skinny trumps being healthy, physically and mentally, that’s my only view on it all tbh. She doesn’t have a responsibility to the plus size community to remain curvy, if she’s chose to change her body (healthily!!) good for her and stuff everyone else!
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. My little cousin had severe anorexia and was hospitalized, I’m sure at some point people would have celebrated her weight loss, told her she looked amazing but they wouldn’t have actually known why she was thin or how ill she was. I hope Adele’s weight loss was done healthily, that she’s happy and well but weight loss should never be automatically seen as a good thing when so many young girls are suffering so badly with eating disorders.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.