Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hmgiraffy

I do a lot of work in DEIB. She's straight up wrong here. This was an appropriate headline for the work Disney did here. It's very emblematic of A White Person Who Wants To Appear Woke Without Understanding What They're Doing

Reactions: 5

Theodore

VIP Member
Desperately hanging on to her marriage because Scott has one foot in some 25 year old FA’s futon.

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
She really is a nasty piece of work. That was a completely uncalled for response.

Also, pretty much every successful youtuber will say, listen to your audience. You learn from them to learn what they want and will therefore watch. That's how you grown your blog/channel/social media. No views = no money.
---
I know I've mentioned her before, but Carrie Hope Fletcher has taken this attitude to her followers. This has resulted in engagement plummeting, bad PR when she was in a west end show, and now she barely gets any theatre work beyond one off concerts and her solo stuff sells less and less. Think she is also likely black listed by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

If she keeps this up, her attitude will bite Jen in the arse.

Also, by publicly replying in the q and a she is showing all her followers what a nasty attitude she has. If she had ignored, or responded in dms it would stay between her and whoever asked the question.

Theodore

VIP Member
95% of random people seeing that sign will see “Disney Youtuber” and think “wanker”. And they’d be 100% correct.

• Haha

CdnGirl77

VIP Member
And yet had the nerve to critique and moan about Virgin Voyages’ customer service because they weren’t up to her high standards.

Honestly, when I saw her asking for solo travel input this morning I almost responded and said that I’ve been travelling solo since I moved to the UK after college over 25 years ago by myself with my own money because I wanted to do it and I wasn’t waiting on friends, rich parents, or a pilot husband with cushy travel benefits to go places. I figured that would strike a nerve and I didn’t feel like ruining my chilled out Sunday with a snarky back and forth with her so I didn’t bother. lol

I’m glad she’s getting the feedback she deserves. Looks good on her!

• Haha

CdnGirl77

VIP Member
IMG_1220.png
IMG_1219.png

IMG_1222.png

So not only did she buy a third suitcase in the same size but she bought the matching set of packing cubes and filmed an unboxing video. WTF?!

Had to screenshot that last one because I was dying laughing at what she said.

Then she went on a rant about following up if you have dense breasts and not just having a mammogram but an ultrasound and MRI too and if your doctor doesn’t want to do this then change doctors.

Oh the privilege to think it’s that simple. In my province you can’t even get a mammogram until age 50 unless you have family history and/or your family doctor refers you. Then there’s the part where there’s a family doctor/GP shortage so if you quit your doctor you get put on a wait list for a new one. Then in the US there’s the insurance piece.

But when your husband is a Delta pilot with excellent benefits and you’re a bored housewife who does nothing but walk the dog and buy $350-800 suitcases, you wouldn’t realize your privilege unless it smacked you in the middle of your smug hag face!

• Haha

halloweenqueen1031

How ironic that she hangs out with travel dummies like Adam who get to the airport 15 hours before a flight!

I fly out of Seattle. I get there insanely early. Traffic, parking, shuttles, and TSA are too unpredictable. I’d rather avoid the anxiety.

This woman has no self awareness.

CdnGirl77

VIP Member
Omg I just choked on my lunch laughing… 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_0693.png

She’s talking about how Meta is apparently going to charge for some feature but she says she doesn’t use IG to grown an IG following but as a fan account for her YT channel.

Fan account?! The narcissism is strong with this one! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

TubeTired

VIP Member
This may sound harsh or terse, but it's not meant to be. Grieving and/or fighting cancer I don't label it as brave. For a lot of folks, it's just what you are dealing with and what you HAVE to do. Most aren't looking for a pat on the back for it. And, I'd dare say the folks with cancer who decide to stop treatment (again without having to announce it to the world) and try to pass as peacefully as possible are making the brave choice, because who doesn't want to extend their life?
I'm sure her grieving child thing isn't related to poor people as well, just suburban white folks.

Mark81

VIP Member
So Mrs Successful Wealthy Businesswoman was sat way back up in the gods at the theatre in the cheap seats?

Screenshot_20240609_153839_Instagram.jpg

• Haha

Theodore

VIP Member
Witchy Pooh is lecturing us on how she likes to support small business, this being Mikes cars. Yes that’s the small business she uses to transport her highness to her other favourite small businesses, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruises. To and from all of those airlines, and the tiny Viking Cruises. And of course her favourite small fragrance house is Estée Lauder, and that Luggage brand she pushes, I could go on. This woman could not BE more corporate.
Oh, and do you think we are the “gossip meanies” she refers to on Threads?

• Haha

emerald

VIP Member
Oh come on. It would be inappropriate NOT to mention that Tiana is Black and her film is replacing a racist film's theme, especially in a headline. We do need to acknowledge people's/character's ethnicities when it matters, we can't pretend there aren't massive imbalances of privilege and that we are all the exact same in this context. It's a very white person "I don't see race :)" type of tantrum she's throwing. It's very easy to say that statement when your race doesn't impact your day to day life. It's well intentioned but it's misjudged.

• Heart