Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Daffodil33

Right ok, first post here goes..
First would like to say thanks all for entertaining me for the past however long it is I've been lurking. You are all hilarious and insightful. I followed Jack a looong time ago and when I was in uni I would sometimes use her recipes (I swear back then they were much simpler and not so bloody weird but maybe that is just me in hindsight not wanting to admit to being a squiggle..not that I ever bought a book or licked her hole on social media). Didn't really think much about her until this year when I started noticing the hyperbole, the contradictions and drama on twitter, and how everything always seemed a bit extreme/aggressive/narcissistic. Watched a couple of the Hellmans vids and cringed my absolute back off. Much later on I spotted these threads whilst on Tattle and have enjoyed the lols ever since and can't believe I followed her blindly for so long.
I wasn't planning on posting here ever as I'm generally more of an Internet lurker and also I can't keep up. I'm currently travelling (I know, smug twat.. v lucky to be in a place where I can 🔺🤷‍♀️ ) so I just have a little catch up when I get a bit of time. Anyway what convinced me to post was spotting this book in a random book exchange shelf kinda thing in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Twas a message from Vlad I'm sure of it. Didnt have my phone on me at the time and forgot to go back to take a pic but for some reason I felt compelled to share so here is a screenshot from Google. In my (very warped) mind it is Jackie's debut novel about her and Mom. Anyway sorry for the essay long enough to rival an anchiode recipe.. don't know if you will hear from me again in the future or if I will return to lurkdome but just wanted to pop in and say shalom to the cabal.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 153
Boyo said:
Right, that shot is just begging for some sort of filthily inappropriate photoshopping. Fight it, people. It’s what she wants you to do! 😟
Previous thread closed before I got a chance to post this so I'm carrying it over. I wish I had the inner strength to resist but I have a compulsion to debunk spurious weight-related claims and make bad photoshops.

sausage hole.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 111

Ramekin

Is this... part of a bizarre courtship ritual via Twitter to try and get Louisa’s attention 😱

Anyway, I should make an introduction. Not just keep posting ASSUMING you all know about my BODY OF WORK.

I’ve been a longtime lurker, based in a time zone that’s pretty much opposite England 🔺

I had forgotten I’d even followed JM on Twitter until the JO chaos pile on, and then looked into some tweets further, did some googling and found my way here. I couldn’t believe she was still talking about poverty as if she was *still personally* deep in the throes of it.

I unfollowed on Twitter and became engrossed in this delightful forum of fellow frauen. I’ve spent many late nights with terrible sleep patterns scrolling these pages having to stifle laughter so I don’t wake up my fiancé.

I’ve had many personal brushes with “not being OK” and her rhetoric and, well, branding of it is infuriating.

To think that she’s capitalising off her poverty cosplay and taking $ from those who ARE IN GENUINE MATERIAL DEPRIVATION really boils my piss.

And even though I’m located on the other side of the world, I know that poverty in England today is magnitudes more difficult and widespread than her brief experience in quite different circumstances.

Re the question of when she might be found out, I think she’s small and irrelevant enough to mostly fly under the radar, and if anyone was slightly inclined, she’s got that slight risk factor for suing.

Anyway, hope this wasn’t TOO SHORT.

Can I have a SANDWICH AND A PISS now?

‘Her legs may never uncross again’ gives new meaning to the eucalyptus posy in her shower.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 104

MancBee

VIP Member
I want to add my two penneth on the OK to not be OK business. It is not helpful at all for people that suffer real depression. There is a huge difference between having a bad day, feeling fed up for no apparent reason, and depression. The idea that you have a day in bed eating crisps and not washing can be the start of a downwards spiral that can lead to a very dark place. I could go on, but from what I have read on these pages, everyone knows where I am coming from.

You lot of Fraus have done more to counter my dark days than and trite OK to not be OK rubbish. I needed encouragement to laugh, and be positive, not allow myself to be overtaken by depression. I thank you all for that. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 103

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Right ok, first post here goes..
First would like to say thanks all for entertaining me for the past however long it is I've been lurking. You are all hilarious and insightful. I followed Jack a looong time ago and when I was in uni I would sometimes use her recipes (I swear back then they were much simpler and not so bloody weird but maybe that is just me in hindsight not wanting to admit to being a squiggle..not that I ever bought a book or licked her hole on social media). Didn't really think much about her until this year when I started noticing the hyperbole, the contradictions and drama on twitter, and how everything always seemed a bit extreme/aggressive/narcissistic. Watched a couple of the Hellmans vids and cringed my absolute back off. Much later on I spotted these threads whilst on Tattle and have enjoyed the lols ever since and can't believe I followed her blindly for so long.
I wasn't planning on posting here ever as I'm generally more of an Internet lurker and also I can't keep up. I'm currently travelling (I know, smug twat.. v lucky to be in a place where I can 🔺🤷‍♀️ ) so I just have a little catch up when I get a bit of time. Anyway what convinced me to post was spotting this book in a random book exchange shelf kinda thing in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Twas a message from Vlad I'm sure of it. Didnt have my phone on me at the time and forgot to go back to take a pic but for some reason I felt compelled to share so here is a screenshot from Google. In my (very warped) mind it is Jackie's debut novel about her and Mom. Anyway sorry for the essay long enough to rival an anchiode recipe.. don't know if you will hear from me again in the future or if I will return to lurkdome but just wanted to pop in and say shalom to the cabal.
Yassss we Stan an awakened squiggle turned Frau

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

ScamSandwich

Chatty Member
Jack Monroe's behaviour is unethical. I came here not because I am a bully but because she is unethically pretenting she is poor. I was in a devastating financial situation, not self-inflicted. I am OK now but I am still by definition officially poor. I don't beg and I don't shout about it, I am making an exception now to prove my point and this is anonymous. I NEVER begged anyone to give me money. If I borrowed, I showed great strengh and successfully and painstakingly paid everyone back. We are talking about 100£, not more. I have NEVER accepted money from anyone who was equally poor or even poorer. I have never shared my situation with anyone who had so little money so that I would gain their pity and make them offer sth to me because I know that the poorer people are most likely to help.
If I accepted help it was from people who I had also done things for, at the time without inferior motives.
I have never displayed my poverty if not absolutely necessary. I was always the person who had "alread eaten at home/wasn't hungry.
I told someone that I had been in a tough situation a few months ago and she very recently asked if I was fine now. It would have taken NOTHING to make her offer me a wad of cash but I said I was fine and thanked her for it and told her that her offer meant the world to me. I meant it.
A while ago I was in a bad shape emotionally. Gosh, how much I would have 'deserved' a trip to e.g. Edinburgh to lick my wounds. But I didn't, because I knew bills had to be paid. I have not been on a holiday for a very long time. But I can pay my bills and I don't beg. When I looked at JM's multiple radios I remembered that I would have loved one of those, too. But even when I was in full time employment, I was sensible and used my 20 y old radio.
Everything I buy, apart from underwear, is used and I really don't mind.
Even in poor times I have handed over plates of food to others, because I could always find someone who was even poorer. But believe me- my food shop was a different one than JM's and my home-cooked food tastes lovely and looks nice.
I am here because due to my own poverty I don't believe JM is poor. I feel cheated on, offended, traited and ridiculed by her behaviour.
I still rent, btw, and until I was 30 I always lived in flatshares.
Oh, and I batch-cook, too !!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 96

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I'm with @TurnedUpInTipp right now, happy for the Guardia Civil to cart me away to answer Jack's lawyers.

Prosecuting counsel:- 'According to Ms. Monroe, you once accused her of having unruly labia, Ms. Rebel?'
Ms. Rebel:- 'Yes, m'lud, that was because Ms. Monroe said that was what she had.'
Prosecuting counsel:- 'According to Ms. Monroe you once accused her of having terrible cooking skills.
Ms. Rebel:- 'No, m'lud, that was Matt Tebbutt'
Prosecuting counsel:- 'According to Ms. Monroe you weighed her furniture'
Ms. Rebel:- 'No no, that wasn't me, m'lud, that was @Montrachet
Prosecuting counsel:- 'According to Ms. Monroe you are all a bunch of mithering ninnies'
Ms. Rebel:- 'Yes, m'lud
PS, it was all @Alansbigplate fault about the gifs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
We are STALKING HER EVERY MOVE and INVADING HER FAMILY’S PRIVACY by reading their exact whereabouts movements and motivations in her own handwriting published on the internet. ANIMALS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90

xoxo

FF09E3A6-B071-4F07-9EE1-857811C4C0F0.jpeg

5B8A9A9A-1EC1-4A36-9B42-7E9390FC6C70.jpeg

imagine if she spent this much time getting her Patreon rewards sorted out and sent...

also... EU ref mode? You mean when you spoiled your ballot? Fool.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
If she and Louisa are back together on the stealth, can you imagine the awkwardness of Louisa's friends and colleagues who must have said after the break up, "Phew, mate, you dodged a bullet there."

• Haha
Reactions: 84

Leonard

Fraus, just putting away my (fancy) Ocado order. Thought you might like to see a photo of my giant grapes. They remind me of some I’ve seen recently - I just can’t think where 🤔
EF357EF8-328C-4810-8D27-17CCC790FE4B.jpeg
s

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83