Jack Monroe #99 Great Eggspectations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone get to Bletchley and put that nonsense through the Enigma Machine.
We could probably find the Recipe Cards..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
334 and don’t forget those incygrunking who have yet to arrive in real time.

can we start a hashtag trend on twitter? Postal problems Southend? 🤔
Another 30 added and the grunka express has a few passengers in the 80’s and 90’s so the cabal is growing

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I most of the time really have to laugh about people asking cooking related questions. Not coming from a know-it-all place but if people ask if they can replace the apples in a crumble with pears or so...I am...amazed...also...why would one ask JM for recipe ideas? Surely they could have googled that before waiting for her answer...Maverick ideas indeed...if life gives you lemons, make lemonade...if life gives you tomatos, make tomato sauce. Clever!
yea, one has to wonder how many of these simpletons ask expecting maverick creativity only to go away feeling embarrassed after being given an obvious suggestion...

Reactions: 14
Erm, has she forgotten about her tomato allergy then? “I’m a food writer,” I wailed at the gentle doctor at the foot of my bed some hours earlier. “I’ve literally just written a book about canned tomatoes and fish, and now I need to give them up?”
He nodded, sympathetic, but apologetically firm.
When my daughter was 5 she broke her leg, the next morning the doctor came into the ward, gave gave her some crutches (surprisingly 5 year olds don't have the upper arm strength to use crutches), told me it was going to be a really difficult summer then left me to figure out how i was going to carry my 5 year old to the bus stop. Where is this magical hospital where doctors have the time to sit down and take the time to explain and be apologetic and firm about a potential tomato allergy?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I am hooting at the deliberate inclusion of Redcar. Have yer seen it??? (vague Fast Show reference)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
When my daughter was 5 she broke her leg, the next morning the doctor came into the ward, gave gave her some crutches (surprisingly 5 year olds don't have the upper arm strength to use crutches), told me it was going to be a really difficult summer then left me to figure out how i was going to carry my 5 year old to the bus stop. Where is this magical hospital where doctors have the time to sit down and take the time to explain and be apologetic and firm about a potential tomato allergy?
It's a private hospital.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
would it not be better for her to come up with one idea and link to a recipe on her website? Of course that would actually make sense which not something jack makes a habit of doing
Blurst, don’t be coming here with your logical ideas and common sense. No place for it in Jacksville my friend 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I feel like most of her patreons are people signing up just to support her who’ve fallen for the povo narrative so they’re not that arsed about getting what they should be getting cos ‘Jack’s just doin ‘er best’
Exactly. That’s why she gets away with it. And she bloody well knows it.

The poor mugs Patreons daren’t chase up their goods, because clearly they follow her social media closely, and they know she’ll be wailing and gnashing her teeth about “admin” and ADHD and collapsing on the floor and her paltry (fictitious) food budget. Who would cancel their money when the poor love needs it? She works so hard and her life is such struggle 🎻

I wouldn’t mind so much if these Patreons were all affluent and had money to waste, but I suspect a lot of them are vulnerable and can’t afford it.

You’re a con artist, Jack.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Rrgvrvrhhfrfhrfv..;l’[ounttvyrc4fr75gg57. Iny7in7i66bbu6bu6gu6ggu6..,yb6bu6bum. Is jybutgutg everyone trctrdtexteddrextxrxe,o9877 watching yrcu64f764d54td54 me vi757za2ys3%s yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 73
maybe she could use this regular correspondent squiggle's (a fan btw) suggestion in future...

Screenshot_20201104-183820_Twitter.jpg

this is in response to the chestnut fudge thing. which will be going on the list. 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Erm, has she forgotten about her tomato allergy then? “I’m a food writer,” I wailed at the gentle doctor at the foot of my bed some hours earlier. “I’ve literally just written a book about canned tomatoes and fish, and now I need to give them up?”
He nodded, sympathetic, but apologetically firm.
Ah, to be fair she regularly forgets about her unstoppable loathing for coriander (including in one of her Qs today).

She's incapable of keeping track of her own lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I see she's blaming her Mediterranean arse, but my £1 [sausages] were going to go on some lies about the cat and then to talk about how Maine Coon he is[n't].

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.