Jack Monroe #99 Great Eggspectations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The "free from her window ledge" herbs sounds like bollocksausage too.

Basil is easy to grow from seed, but , if you are so pedantic that you're weighing anchovies, then seeds, compost need to be factored in...

Parsley is really slow to germinate, and mint....if you've bought a pot of "growing herbs", it lasts about a week as it doesn't like being inside.

Factor your Waitrose herbs in please McJackie.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I hate social media 'it's ok to not be ok' bollocks. Because it's not people who genuinely aren't ok, it's people who are absolutely fine just being bleeping wet. What's wrong with rolling up your sleeves, setting your jaw and getting on with it. Of course it's ok to have a mopey day in your pyjamas every now and then but it's not a legitimate life choice you can justify as 'self-care'.

(Obviously I don't mean people who are actually struggling, I don't believe a shorter sleeve is a solution to mental health problems).

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Reader, I have a confession. I too brew my own kombucha.

I'll close the door behind me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Reader, I have a confession. I too brew my own kombucha.

I'll close the door behind me.
I ferment bits but haven't dipped my toe in the kombucha land yet. I know lots of bits about it from the lovely fermenting group I'm in, and I see their lovely looking brews and things. Jack's never look lovely to me 😂

Reactions: 11
I want to add my two penneth on the OK to not be OK business. It is not helpful at all for people that suffer real depression. There is a huge difference between having a bad day, feeling fed up for no apparent reason, and depression. The idea that you have a day in bed eating crisps and not washing can be the start of a downwards spiral that can lead to a very dark place. I could go on, but from what I have read on these pages, everyone knows where I am coming from.

You lot of Fraus have done more to counter my dark days than and trite OK to not be OK rubbish. I needed encouragement to laugh, and be positive, not allow myself to be overtaken by depression. I thank you all for that. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 103
Hang on just a mo. I was intrigued. So I went to look. It’s just banana, microwaved to duck and then lob some chocolate in. Tbf, she does state that it’s ‘not really a recipe’ (no tit Sherlock) but then goes on to spend paragraph after paragraph wittering on about the ‘blissful moments’ and ‘accidental mid morning desserts’. Oh, and it’s ‘virtuously vegan’. I assume if you leave out the chocolate. But then it’s just a fucked banana and that’s a whole different ball game.
PS She says it’s something she ‘wouldn’t mind feeding to the kids....if only I can relinquish my sudden fierce ownership of Every Banana In The House’. You can almost touch the maternal feels.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Another thing I found in my trawl of her Instagram a few nights ago. I must confess I’ve been saving it to provide distraction when she’s in a twattery. I hope to high heavens that that squiggle had just painted it on & isn’t having to laser it off or arrange a cover-up so people think it’s Dot Cotton not Jackie McMonroe. Now duck off!

View attachment 297906
How can it only be 9.30am and I've said 'Right, that's enough internet for me today'..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I ferment bits but haven't dipped my toe in the kombucha land yet. I know lots of bits about it from the lovely fermenting group I'm in, and I see their lovely looking brews and things. Jack's never look lovely to me 😂
She's trawling all the tips here - be careful what you type! 😲

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I tried the chocolate banana thing and really enjoyed it. It’s just a microwave version of the barbecue classic ‘banana and chocolate baked in tinfoil’ (this is a thing, right?). Yes it’s sloppy but that’s okay, especially if you’re using up a ropey banana. Heartily recommended, though it’s not a bleeping recipe

Have to agree about the windowsill herbs though. Having listened to an economist friend say ‘there’s no such thing as a free lunch’ for years, it makes me want to claw at the floor and wail “basil isn’t free, neither is mint or parsley... neither are gifted items, or your tenth coffee at Caffè Nero... NOTHING IS FREE” 😭

And especially not to your readers who you are supposed to be costing this recipe for!

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.