Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two and a half grand or similar I believe? My collegue at work had them
I have looked into them, yep a few grand usually but depends on your teeth. Definitely not NHS but definitely are one of the things she spent her cash on.

Like someone else pointed out earlier there’s being poor, and having plenty of money which you have spent on silly things. Jack is in the latter camp but is somehow fooling some unobservant people to believe she is in the former.

Reactions: 22
Lot of ear worms today. I've got "Money,money,money" by Abba in my head .
Makes me think of another song that with a little modification that could be a potential tile contender “If I was a Rich Jack.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
That pile of "bills"! She's getting more desperate for attention and money every day.

It's just such needy bullshit! She might as well just put "shut up and give me your money!!!!" on all her social media

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I've just had a thought doesn't anyone she knows drive? Her agent has her trolley could she not pop it round and leave it on the drive if she's worried about germs. I don't k ow where her agent is in relation to where she lives but if it's not a ridiculous distance what's stopping her? No one really does seem to put themselves out much to help her. If I had something my mate needed I'd pop it round. 🤷

Reactions: 21
Yes! I've had a bald spot ever since that I've got to fill in with a pencil 🤦‍♀️
I started plucking my eyebrows when I was 12 after being bullied for having caterpillar brows at school. I over plucked them from around 1997 to 2010. They have never grown back properly and I have to fill them in every day 😐. I wish my parents had taken my tweezers off me!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I've just come back from the nearest town, having had to trundle off to Aldi for a top up, mainly of loo roll and cat and dog treats; running out of either makes my life thoroughly miserable! 🤣

Anyhow, the fridge part of the fridge freezer being on the blink, I stocked up on tins and packets but no spaghetti hoops to rinse though plenty of various pasta sauces to add frozen veg to. I even found a tin of jackfruit as a meat substitute for 99p.

No, despite all the tins, I shan't be following any of Jock Aye the Noo's 'recipes' 🤮.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I epilated my legs for years, but no longer, apart from my knees which were ouchy to do, so I didn't, and the odd hair, They no longer grow, ditto my eyebrows, I get the odd stray hair but basically they also gave up after decades of plucking

Reactions: 15
Like Jack, Nigella today had an exchange with a fan/reader who’s currently undergoing cancer treatment. Compare and contrast.

A67501CD-5C2E-4728-AE65-49473A139DC1.jpeg

E9D85C84-D87F-4319-98AC-F5567CB4D805.jpeg

Worth noting that I went looking for that comment on Insta, but Jack’s reply appears to be missing now, so presumably plenty of time to catch up on Tattle today (as apparently we are her conscience, or probs rather her social media managers) as not going to Asda twice *eyeroll*

No time to pop and see the rather awesome community statement of empty plates at the Southend Tory strongholds though. Pri-bleeping-orities, am I right?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Typical Jack. Don’t change your ways. Just delete and pretend it never happened.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I am hallfway through #93 at the moment so apologies if this has been said.

I was on the BBC site earlier and saw a news story about people who have been caught out by recently (?) changed tax rules. Basically it was freelancers and contractors who paid themselves a small wage (sound familiar?) and took the rest of the company profits from an offshore trust in the form of a loan, with no expectation it would be repaid. However, this loophole has now been closed and people now have to pay the tax on these "loans" dating back to 2010. A possible scenario for the belt tightening/increased grifting recently?

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Jack hooted and fizzed on Facebook following getting her free copy of Nigella's latest book (unsigned).
A poor squiggle wrote:

20201025_192736.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I am hallfway through #93 at the moment so apologies if this has been said.

I was on the BBC site earlier and saw a news story about people who have been caught out by recently (?) changed tax rules. Basically it was freelancers and contractors who paid themselves a small wage (sound familiar?) and took the rest of the company profits from an offshore trust in the form of a loan, with no expectation it would be repaid. However, this loophole has now been closed and people now have to pay the tax on these "loans" dating back to 2010. A possible scenario for the belt tightening/increased grifting recently?
Hmm, she was talking the day about the rich not paying their taxes, another example of her hypocrisy?

• Heart
Reactions: 17

@Pocahontas about now, unlike dear Jack, our raccoon loving princess pays attention and is diligent with her facts. Please do include Eggivore as a new vegan food category a la @LavaFlake.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.