Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He probably finds her acting "big and hard" at the door bleeping hilarious and stops by to brighten up his round. He can't know that she's an accomplished decker and shin kicker.
I'm imagining him like the postie in Ricky Gervais' "After Life"..

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Sometime back a knowledgeable Frau estimated what Jack’s website might generate in advertising revenue. So many people are linking to it at the moment, can anyone say what it might be?
You’d need to know page views so it would be impossible to truly say, it’s easier with YouTube as they show view count (but now they pay a premium if you have a YT premium sub which is impossible to estimate, but I’d guess inconsequential for her as she has an older / lower income audience?) - but back on point I wouldn’t think she earnt over a tenner a month on YT. Her big income streams are clearly books, appearances, brand deals (admittedly she’s only had a handful as she’s vile) with a lil bit topped up with aff links, website & YT. Remembering WE are more googled than her website and let’s say we’ve got 200 active fraus liking comments & another 200 lurkers (generous) that’s hardly promising is it...

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm re reading her injured back tweet and the responses. After she mentioned yesterday that she was stopping documenting the shops there is literally NO reason to say she's not going food shopping today. Apart from making it known she's not going food shopping....cue people's offers of help.
Absolutely infuriating
My impression is that she forgot she she sent the first tweet (and thus forgot she was off the hook re shopping/documenting) and sent the second tweet and she is now working out which to delete

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Not sure you understand the concept of puddle tables. Or maybe the same friend, who gave her a smeg fridge and an original Emin, sent one round via stork?
Thinking of making my fortune via a series of childrens books about the adventures of a scrappy little urchin named Jack who chances upon a magic wishing puddle and is afforded the lifestyle of "one of them 'igh and mighty ladies of society, me old nan used to char for". I haven't worked out the story yet but it will contain the phrase "Cor blimey, it's only a flippin' Smeg" and her best mate will be a chimney sweep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Jack Monroe #95: lies, buys, cries, no blue tick replies, cries, lies, never tries, sighs, buys, me me me me my(s)!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Thinking of making my fortune via a series of childrens books about the adventures of a scrappy little urchin named Jack who chances upon a magic wishing puddle and is afforded the lifestyle of "one of them 'igh and mighty ladies of society, me old nan used to char for". I haven't worked out the story yet but it will contain the phrase "Cor blimey, it's only a flippin' Smeg" and her best mate will be a chimney sweep.
I’d buy it! You could do a Kickstarter 🥴 I’m thinking Artful Dodger mixed with Mrs Potts, with an unctuous dollop of Michael Traazers Caine, and plenty of Victorian ghost child. The kid could be trying to escape the horrors of starving and freezing in the workhouse, but it can turn out to have all been a plague fever dream. The child wakes up, fully recovered, flopped on a feather bed in a middle class mansion. The Brambley-Potter mice bring her the cat biscuit jar. All is well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Isn't she a patron of Trussell Trust? How many times has she tweeted about them during lockdown? I'd check back over her twitter but she deleted it!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
We’ll see it soon though. She HAS to do these shops, remember? It’s not a fun challenge

Or was that THEN and things are different NOW?
She stopped doing it because of the gammons yesterday, now it’s because of the mysterious back injury. Can’t lie straight in bed with or without a bad back that one

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Phew, these threads move fast. Had to do an IncyGunka to catch up.

I wish I believed in Karma. Having watched many unworthy people prosper over the years, and kind generous people go unrewarded, I don't.

Jack will hoodwink enough people to keep her in the manner to which she is accustomed. It is unlikely that she will ever be properly held to account for her outright lies. I console myself with the knowledge that whatever Jack does, nothing seems to make her happy. It might seem terrible to be pleased that someone else is miserable, but unless she changes she doesn't deserve to be happy. I suppose that her continued unhappiness is Karma in itself. 🤔

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.