Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re tipjars: I know a few bloggers who have a 'buy me a coffee' button on their website but they are crochet or knitting bloggers who provide free patterns on a small scale, so it really is repaying them for their work - which is always more in depth than that of Jack tit, with step by step photos etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
To be fair I’m the same age as Jack. Thin brows were still big in the 00s when we were teens. I know a few girls our age who have ruined their brows.

Personally I a) didn’t overdo it because I was an unfashionable outcast And b) have very hairy eyebrows 😄 wouldn’t surprise me if Jack was similar and is exaggerating how much she plucked them at the time. And getting her decades wrong.

Why does she think she’s in her 40s?
I stand corrected, mine didn’t really grow back after 1994!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Re tipjars: I know a few bloggers who have a 'buy me a coffee' button on their website but they are crochet or knitting bloggers who provide free patterns on a small scale, so it really is repaying them for their work - which is always more in depth than that of Jack tit, with step by step photos etc.
I have no objection at all to bloggers having tip jars. I see it as being a bit like busking - chucking in the odd quid is just a way of saying I like what you're doing. If Jack wasn't blatantly misleading people then she'd be as entitled as anyone to tips.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I have no objection at all to bloggers having tip jars. I see it as being a bit like busking - chucking in the odd quid is just a way of saying I like what you're doing. If Jack wasn't blatantly misleading people then she'd be as entitled as anyone to tips.
Oh, I agree. It was just talk of them earlier.

Reactions: 16
Does it weigh more than the 93kgs of sideboard that you lifted with ease earlier this year? If not I call bullshit. What am I thinking of course it's bullshit, you already said last night you weren't continuing with the £20 fake poverty shop because of all the nameless pricks, dickheads and sentient hams having the AUDACITY to steal your life's work.

FRAUD. CHARLATAN. GRIFTER. THIEF.

Now duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This tweet epitomises 95% of her followers.
This is insane, like so good that they want to help and I can't knock that person for that even if they are a jackolyte...but if you're not sure, why wouldn't you contact the food bank itself? And most drop off points have a list of what is most needed and what is actually not that helpful, not hard to work out.

Reactions: 16
“Desperately, achingly middle class” - is that you, Jack?

I don’t really understand the question. Are they afraid of wasting good money on food that is too FANCY for poor people to eat? Do they not realise that food bank users are hardly going to be fussy? If that’s their opinion of the impoverished then just get some bags of pasta and sauce jars and be done with it :rolleyes:
I wondered if it was them wanting to buy things that food banks are in shorter supply of, as a lot of people will put a tin of beans in or a packet of rice, but personal hygiene products, nappies, etc are often missed...could be wrong though. If they're asking for stuff that isn't fancy then shame on them.

Reactions: 19
I wondered if it was them wanting to buy things that food banks are in shorter supply of, as a lot of people will put a tin of beans in or a packet of rice, but personal hygiene products, nappies, etc are often missed...could be wrong though. If they're asking for stuff that isn't fancy then shame on them.
Someone has since suggested it was a joke, which it does read like on reflection but you never know with Twitter 😂 I hope it is otherwise it does sound very stuck up

Reactions: 15
How can she sleep at night knowing people are actively donating to her, a solvent person with enough money to kit her house out with overpriced rubbish and shop at Ocado every week, instead of donating it to charities that help feed children who next week probably wouldn’t have had a hot meal at all because of our government?

Shut your bleeping tip jar and Twitter and get to duck away from this. Everything you touch turns to lies, grift and tit anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
'I've shut down my tip jar for now so people with a bit of spare cash can put it somewhere useful '
Sorry...wishful thinking 😕
I know. But it is a step in the right direction. Hopefully it will encourage donations.

I like to see Jack doing the right thing, even if I have doubts about her motives.

Reactions: 12
I took it that way too @Cuileann. Also, earlier in lockdown @BeautifulTrauma produced some really helpful guidelines to food bank donations based on volunteering at one, advice I still use

(post 459 on this thread)

I’m sure given the current above “normal” usage of food banks across the country they wouldn’t turn away any donation, but you’re right, I’m sure there’s some stuff that’s in shorter supply than others that might be more useful than the umpteenth ton of (rinseable) beans...

@TreeTrunksApplePie

Leave it with me I would be more than happy to show the likes of Jack what you can do on a budget! Won't involve the word cheap or raw!
But bollock sausages, yes?!?! 🤞 🙏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
The feed your family for ‘about’ £20 a week thing has been going for years (not Jack) it started as a Facebook group years ago and it grew. Hardly a stolen concept when it’s been a thing since forever anyway.

Reactions: 30
I suspect the top tweet is the reason Wor Jackie back-pedalled to the squiggle and apologised.

Or am I just being cynical, m’lud 🤔
420A3F08-17B7-4754-A38A-C685587BC0E3.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Also, hi, longish time reader.
Have been Jack fan, but I don’t do blind loyalty and she’s been behaving somewhat shittily for a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Does it weigh more than the 93kgs of sideboard that you lifted with ease earlier this year? If not I call bullshit. What am I thinking of course it's bullshit, you already said last night you weren't continuing with the £20 fake poverty shop because of all the nameless pricks, dickheads and sentient hams having the AUDACITY to steal your life's work.

FRAUD. CHARLATAN. GRIFTER. THIEF.

Now duck off.
This ☝for the next thread title! 🥳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.