Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is something I have noticed about R Jackie, she latches onto a word and it sticks in her mind, then she uses it at the most inappropriate time. Eg she was working with Helman's on a mayonnaise project, so when he was doing a BLM video, that was the only word she could think of at the time to describe her skin. She has obviously been reading here, and sentient is now lodged in her brain, she used it in a tweet and somehow it didn't fit. There are loads of examples I have noticed over the past months. She reads here, gets a word stuck in her head, next minute she is using it on Twitter even though it often doesn't make sense in that context.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. It is hard to describe, but I know what I mean!
It's this..
Still too short.
It's bleeping this..

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
it did. but he seems to be quite unpleasant. tory, landlord etc. oh, hang on! should be right up Jack's street! 🤪
Not right though, is it? Going after someone you disagree with on those terms. Predictable too, she’s done it before. She’s a thoroughly dislikable character.

Reactions: 20
I wish I had burnout if it made my skin glow like that. I’m so naive about face changing apps, filters etc, I genuinely thought that most selfies were real, I’m so glad I came on here for lots of reasons but this one makes me much less insecure about my old skin

NO BECAUSE SHE’S VEGAN, NOW duck OFF

Can she actually make an omelette?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
The pomposity, dishonesty & arrogance she’s shown has really taken her to another level in my book today. ‘Food poverty exists because’. Why have you never addressed any of that then & also who the duck are you to be pontificating-doing exactly what you’re now attacking others for? You’ve achieved precisely nothing except benefitting yourself, duck off. Charlatan.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Jack's obv been getting pep talks! Must be wrangling for an underwear shoot... Oh Hun you just need to up your confidence! Just upload a selfie and see you'll get the BEST reaction! A few tweaks here and there hurt nobody!
Screenshot_20201024-095400.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Didn't have to even check that my MP was on there 🙄 However I've just checked all the other constituencies in my county, and they all voted against. Utterly sickened. There are some fairly disadvantaged areas in the bigger towns, too. Hardly looking our for their constituents, are they.
I very rarely have to check these lists as my MP is SNP. Like other SNP MPs and MSPs, part of his salary goes to charity as they have refused to take rises for some years. Likewise, when I write to him regarding animal or child welfare, climate change etc.

Rees-Mogg once stood in Methil, a completely unwinnable seat along the coast of Fife; he stuck close to the Labour candidate as he was, quite literally, in fear of his life, or at least of getting beaten up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Wonder if Louisa is going round again tonight? I can picture Jack, lying in the foetal position on one of her many, expensive sofas with her head in Louisa’s lap, in front of a coffee table groaning with the most expensive mezze from Ocado, wailing:

“Why has nobody with a blue tick mentioned MEEEEEEE with all this talk of free school meals?! I’ve been giving the exact same speech for nearly a decade so EVERYONE must know that sometimes my dad dropped me off to school in a VAN. Only POOR people have vans, don’t they? Please text Krishmate now and ask him to interview me about my lightbulbs again”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Can anyone pinpoint exactly what it is which is about the MR campaign that is triggering Jack so badly her "mentals" are affected and she is unable to be on twitter due to it?

I mean obviously we know it's because he is showing her up very badly, but I mean in warped Jack-logic, does anyone understand what the issue is from her perspective?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I wonder why Jack isn't sharing this link to a crowdfunder she set up in March for the Trussell Trust? Some cynical people might wonder if it's because it might eat into her patreon and tip jar donations!

I also find it extraordinary that she didn’t seem to promote this at all at the time. I can’t remember her pushing it at all. I think she just allowed the Trussell Trust to put her name to it, but put in the bare minimum of effort herself.

Reactions: 24
I'd argue one of the biggest causes of in work poverty is the crappy unregulated housing market, and in particular exploitative landlords (landlords, you know like ur family)? But go off hun xo
I think this is the nub of a lot of things with poverty. Even Jack is paying a huge amount just to have a roof over her head.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Can anyone pinpoint exactly what it is which is about the MR campaign that is triggering Jack so badly her "mentals" are affected and she is unable to be on twitter due to it?

I mean obviously we know it's because he is showing her up very badly, but I mean in warped Jack-logic, does anyone understand what the issue is from her perspective?
Because it's what she should be doing/tried to make a name for herself doing, but he's actually doing it/doing it better.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's definitely private rentals that are the biggest problem. Renting is very expensive. Their needs to be a call for sensible rent prices to help people afford to pay them.

My brother lived in an all be it very nice flat for a time but the rent was extortionate, so he had to move.

Reactions: 28
This level of cognitive dissonance must be what causes her the stress. No way does she have therapy, unless it’s with the person she sees in the sentient mirror.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Because it's what she should be doing/tried to make a name for herself doing, but he's actually doing it/doing it better.
I know that's the real reason, but she can't admit that to herself, so I just wondered how she was spinning it to herself. Her followers just accept it unquestioningly.

Reactions: 16
Jack's obv been getting pep talks! Must be wrangling for an underwear shoot... Oh Hun you just need to up your confidence! Just upload a selfie and see you'll get the BEST reaction! A few tweaks here and there hurt nobody!
View attachment 286533
In fairness Gizzi was on the ‘posting an overly filtered pic of yourself’ game in her stories today. Probably found it to be a confidence booster and told Jack to do the same going by that response.

It’s really sad and very harmful for young women specifically. And I’m really quite disgusted at both of them, especially considering they both have a tendency to be overly critical about similar issues in the past. Both of them are very much one rule for them and another for everyone else.

I’m not a fan but I know others are so sorry if offense is caused, but I find Gizzi can be a bit of a dick too at times. Not Jack levels obvs.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.