Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah well duck, I had a whole thing typed up and my phone crashed. But suffice to say, Jack has been extra CUNTY lately.
I would never tweet her or like negative comments because I enjoy seeing the chaos in real time. I very much enjoy reading here even if I don’t comment much. You all say what I’m thinking, but in a much more articulate way.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I believe a variety of cordial. The comments were gold. Top tip: only batch cook stuff you like to eat.
The comments were good. I do like a freezer for stocking up on reduced items/special offers. My current one is not big and is very old so I bought a new one from Aldi last week to expand my freezer capacity.

Reactions: 15
Just a bit more evidence documenting

Couldn't fit all the tweets in one ss, but Jack fan is replying to the awful squiggles in first ss

IMG_20201022_215439.png
IMG_20201022_215354.png

• Angry
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Meanwhile the Gammon are sharing her name as someone to look to in feeding g a family on £20. Not the poverty campaigner she thinks she is.
Someone on here made a similar point just after she started her tedious Sunday £20 shops.

She is playing right into the Tories’ hands through this exercise in fantasy shopping. The scandalised nanas and gammon will point to this and infer that the undeserving poor CAN live on a pittance and there is no excuse for child poverty in this country.

I’ve read some quite awful Tweets today about MR and his child poverty campaign. No compassion, just evil comments like ‘if you can’t feed, don’t breed’ - the sort of opinion JM attributed to her RAF brother.

I hope she is proud of her contribution.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I'm so unbelievably pissed off she's given the gammons ammunition to stop kids getting fed, how did she not realise this was going to happen

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
At the risk of coming across as stating the obvious, it's excerpts from a book, not 'What to Cook in the Third Week of October'.

And the Poor don't necessarily get access to it at all, as the rich bastards, professional foragers and Cooks of Instagram roll up in their 4x4s to the woods to grab basketfuls of the stuff - before any poor person has walked the 22 miles from their flat in the town centre to get to somewhere that has it growing. Unless you add it to your Ocado shopping basket (last year's one knocked your socks off with the punch it carried. Guess that was due to it growing in a slightly drier season that year).

I guess my sarcasm about the foragers (among the Farage/Karen tweetfest today) was perhaps a tad vague - my apologies.

Also, I guess if you are sampling recipes from a newly released book, perhaps a more relevant recipe might have been chosen by the author of the piece (or the author of the book - I don’t know how that sort of thing works).

All in all, a crap article for a book I won’t be rushing out to buy! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤗

Reactions: 18
Lard.
Too short - Laaaaaaaaaaaard (not butter, she can’t afford it).
She most certainly can afford it, but is pretending she can’t, She's got a case of Hellman’s yet chooses to buy mayo, she could have bought butter, but no it’s all for show.

Reactions: 28
The past few days have proved one thing to me. Jack is no longer interesting to the media, they have bored of her. She is a one trick pony with a story that is well known, she has nothing new to say and they know it. Her input is no longer relevant. Her recipes have become ridiculous parodies.

The media have moved on and found more charismatic personalities who are less problematic to front the stories. Jack has always thought her bolshie, hard faced, foul mouthed, confrontational style was what people were interested in. In fact it has become boring and hackneyed, no one with any clout in the media likes her anymore.

Jack's career is dying a slow and very painful death. She will hobble on screaming at anyone that will take any notice onTwitter, but the end will come and it won't be pretty.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Have we even seen any actual receipts (after the first shop)? I know she shared week 1 with us but has she been fully transparent for week 2 & 3?

What do you think her end goal is? she’s clearly bitter that she’s not rich, successful or wifed up by now. But what would be the dream? I can’t work out what she’s trying (albeit not very hard) to do, what path is she supposed to be on?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She's fucked it really. She should be on twitter this evening sticking up for struggling parents in the face of this gammon onslaught.

She can't because she has spent the last five / six weeks playing at poverty and spreading tory propaganda.

Hopefully the penny has dropped.

Have we even seen any actual receipts (after the first shop)? I know she shared week 1 with us but has she been fully transparent for week 2 & 3?

What do you think her end goal is? she’s clearly bitter that she’s not rich, successful or wifed up by now. But what would be the dream? I can’t work out what she’s trying (albeit not very hard) to do, what path is she supposed to be on?
Patreon and tip jar pay pigs.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I wonder why she thinks being physically violent to her brother reflects badly on him rather than her. It does still seem more socially acceptable for women to hit men than vice versa but her attitude sounds particularly wrong from someone who is non-binary.
*oversharing NY Detective alert*
My brother was truly awful to me when I was young. It was a constant stream of all kinds of abuse over a number of years (we’re estranged now but there’s a lot about JM that reminds me of him when we were young). One day when I was about 13 he was going on and on, chipping away at me and I was (and still am 😇) a goody two shoes so I don’t know what came over me, but Ispat in his face, in front of my mum and dad. On the one hand, it shut him up and I felt like I had a little bit of power. But on the other...I felt like I’d lowered myself to his level. And I can count on one hand the amount of people I told.

Even though we’re estranged and after all that he’d done I could have acted much worse, it’s not cool. Plus I’m not like Jack. I don’t have that need for validation and attention and slighting people who have wronged me, whether they have or not

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I don't think even Jack knows anymore.
I think Jack is trying to be a poverty campaigner, without all the boring campaigning bit.

I really don't think there is anything she can do to make herself relevant again. And pretending she is working with MR is just weird.

Reactions: 29
So she’s gone quiet this evening? How funny that Southend’s biggest gobshite never has anything to say while serious things are happening. Any other random day, she’s raving about crisps, or sandwiches, or garlic. One time there’s (theoretically) a bit of useful commentary she could add, and she’s all meek and mild and “having a break from the hellscape”. Anyone would think she doesn’t actually want to help 🤗

• Sad
Reactions: 48
I'm so unbelievably pissed off she's given the gammons ammunition to stop kids getting fed, how did she not realise this was going to happen
She was only thinking of herself, ie raising her profile as poor, to scrounge for more money. She only ever thinks about herself. Doesn’t even care about her son when he is there, otherwise why feel him all that mechanically recovered crap?

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.