Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Helping my sister shop for kitchen cupboard paint via FaceTime, and...

38967FBD-B57F-42F1-8C25-AE4E1098E18A.jpeg

Wonder if they do a Cotswolds side board in this?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Such professionalism. Knowledge of ethical issues & nutrition, giving guidance-jack really knows her tit eh? 🙄
I'm at work and googled this in seconds. The answer is YES they contain palm oil. And somehow Jack has appointed herself as the appropriate person to write about food ethics? Oh yeah I forgot her meticulous research of food ethics has concluded cheap = good, expensive = bad. No wonder everyone laughed at her at that imaginary dinner party. I wonder if it was around the time of calling herself 'Dr Jack Monroe' (this makes me die to think about, so embarrassing).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
These screenshots are doing the rounds on twitter. Replies to a Nigel Farage tweet, and evidence of the narrative Jack feeds with her £20 a week shops.

View attachment 284023
View attachment 284025View attachment 284026View attachment 284027
The last Tweet really makes me despair. Per person that’s just over one piece of chicken, a few carrots, a quarter of a loaf of the shittiest cheap white bread, a couple of potatoes. Day in, day out. Sure you wouldn’t be starving to death but you’d be feeling absolutely awful from the lack of nutrients. Feeding people isn’t just about physically filling their stomachs but also providing the correct nutrition to keep their bodies functioning and prevent them from becoming unwell. You can be obese and eat large quantities of food on a daily basis, yet still be malnourished if what you’re eating lacks nutrition. Are these people too thick to understand this?

Also you’d be bloody miserable. I wonder how many of these people could stick to this diet?

And Jack feeds into this, as we can see. At this point she’s basically campaigning in favour of keeping people hungry rather than to help them

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Just catching up!
I do get asked if I went to university in the city I live in. Only because it has a strong, distinctive regional accent which I have not picked up and has 3 (yes 3!) universities. And if that isn't enough to 🔺 me then I don't know what is!?!
The picture must be a flirty thing. I hope the intended recipient is packing up and moving already.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
People do NOT need experimental riffs on nasty instant noodles.

Cheap recipes to teach people to cook should be simple, healthy and largely uncontroversial. Basic tomato sauce for pasta (that if budget & taste permits you could add bacon, tuna, olives, diced pepper, etc to). Simple ragu for bolognese, which could easily get adapted into chilli con carne, cottage pie, etc. Some easy recipes for chickpeas or beans that don't involve peaches.

Jack has never produced anything like that. If you're skint, you don't want to experiment. You need simple, foolproof recipes that will help you learn the fundamentals of cooking, without a drained spaghetti hoop in sight.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
People do NOT need experimental riffs on nasty instant noodles.

Cheap recipes to teach people to cook should be simple, healthy and largely uncontroversial. Basic tomato sauce for pasta (that if budget & taste permits you could add bacon, tuna, olives, diced pepper, etc to). Simple ragu for bolognese, which could easily get adapted into chilli con carne, cottage pie, etc. Some easy recipes for chickpeas or beans that don't involve peaches.

Jack has never produced anything like that. If you're skint, you don't want to experiment. You need simple, foolproof recipes that will help you learn the fundamentals of cooking, without a drained spaghetti hoop in sight.
Also why not just buy plain dried noodles that contain so much less tit? I don't understand her obsession with instant noodles when she still adds so much tit to them. You can make a simple and delicious broth with some vegetable stock, a few aromatics and a teaspoon of miso! She's so terrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Someone tweeted her asking if she ever ages?! And here's the raw, non-edited reality:
She looks so ill in that B&W photo it’s actually disturbing.

Makes you wonder whether it was edited to make her look worse. Was she signalling to her ex that day: look at me, you left me in the lurch, I’m not looking after myself, I haven’t been eating.

She definitely shared herself looking like tit for a reason. Considering how she’s much more prone to perfecting the look of her face, teeth and body for social media.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I wonder if it was around the time of calling herself 'Dr Jack Monroe' (this makes me die to think about, so embarrassing).
You just know she introduced herself to everyone like that, in the style of Dr Marvin Monroe from the Simpsons. “Hi, I’m Dr Jack Monroe”. She probably didn’t put on her Eliza Doolittle street urchin accent so much either.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
So by her saying that's what we pay taxes for, it shouldn't be down to charities to step in she's pretty much just said don't bother donating to Marcus Rashford's charity??

We've paid out taxes Krish, mate!! Why should we bother donating more?
Unless you donate to the Jack Monroe doesn't want to have to get a job charity fund. Then she's ok with that.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She looks so ill in that B&W photo it’s actually disturbing.

Makes you wonder whether it was edited to make her look worse. Was she signalling to her ex that day: look at me, you left me in the lurch, I’m not looking after myself, I haven’t been eating.

She definitely shared herself looking like tit for a reason. Considering how she’s much more prone to perfecting the look of her face, teeth and body for social media.
I get distracted from her poorly face because her fringe is screaming at me. “TERRIBLE 😐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I can't get over this new mincing kale thing. And grated carrot in a bowl of noodles, what about the nice crunch of a carrot? I am beginning to wonder if she actually has no teeth. That's why her gum to tooth ratio looks different in every photo, she's been photoshopping them on!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Just had a quick look on twitter. Found these tweets. I am so bleeping angry right now. How can she not see how dangerous she is?

View attachment 284040View attachment 284044View attachment 284048

Thank you for sourcing & sharing these, these are all of our concerns being vocalised by utter cretins. All jokes aside and this isn't mugging her off but no one should have to eat the tit from her books, sorry, but no one should have to exist solely on cans, eyelid sausages, and the yellow sticker lottery. There's huge work that needs to be done from FSM to raising min wage & rent controls etc, Jack Monroe's £20 food shop (a bit of SEO there tehe x) is not helping anyone because it's a <THE LIES.gif>

• Heart
Reactions: 53
The last thread CLOSED as I was trying to post this, and it's old news now but I'm still going to post it because it's important and it made me angry. Apologies.

I'm way behind so possibly someone has said a lot of this, but bluntly, it's bleeping reprehensible that she's using this for Twitter engagement. I teach the Holocaust, I feel like it is *the* most important part of what I teach and I'm always terrified of getting the tone wrong so whenever I have the opportunity for a course or a bit of CPD I take it. The Holocaust Educational Trust is incredible. I've been to talks by survivors. It's absolutely bleeping harrowing (obviously.) My pupils study this at the age of 14/15 where honestly they can get the silliest, but even they grasp that it's not a joke.

My point is, there are SO many people, people who've lived through it, people whose relatives lived through it, people who have actual academic expertise in it, enough to legitimately teach teachers, that Jack really needs to not go there. This is not her patch. This is absolutely not her bleeping story.

No one would learn anything useful from her doing a 'report' from Auschwitz and I imagine she would offend and upset many. And they would absolutely have good reason to be offended and upset.

She's using something truly horrific to try and make herself look clever, even though 100% that conversation never happened. And then whinging about how she can't use her birth year, are you actually insane, Jack!?

By all means, tweet about the Holocaust. Direct people to documentaries and educational resources. Write about how shocking it is. But don't ever, ever use it as a tool for your own means. That's truly sick.

Especially when not two hours later you're posting a photo of a lolly and calling it a superhero. What the duck.

Sorry Fraus, I know I'm posting from the past here and these points have mostly likely already been made, but just when you think she can't sink lower, she does.

And back to last thread I go.
and there is The Imperial War Museum, although I suppose Jack is one of their leading advisors.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Her 20 quid shop has really backfired, people will now pluck Jack out of the air as an example on why 20 is supposedly enough. For example, like: "Jack Monroe has proven on several occasions that you can do enough with just 20 pounds, enough that she can go back for a second trip! So much food she is carrying home. It's all about budgeting". What many twitter readers don't realise is that this 20 quid shop isn't feeding a family, it is feeding a small person some rations, and that JM is living off her pre-stocked cupboards and Ocado orders. Her 20 quid shop is FAKE NEWS. Cretin.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.