Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a bit disappointed in this pic to be honest. If she was going full on spin instructor in this pose I would expect some sweaty betty or lululemon. Not Nikepro.

Although I am not sure weightlifters like spinning. They prefer the stairmaster for their short cardio hits.
She wears Sweaty Betty for her biannual lay down on the sofa 💅

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Minor off topic... can I say a hearty Danke schön to the Frau who posted the 1/2 hour scrambled egg recipe on the last thread (transposed onto note paper with very nice handwriting)... I made it this morning... it was delicious and rich and I'm a very happy Frau .. Now, duck off
It's a blinder isn't it?! Only way to do eggs.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She wears Sweaty Betty for her biannual lay down on the sofa 💅
Ffs... for someone who hates exercise to spend four weeks’ worth of shopping (according to their specified £20 budget 🤨) on a pair of leggings is laughable.

Crack on Jack, crack on.

ETA it is not laughable. In the context of what is going on with FSM is it abhorrent.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I have so many notes on the last week. Really so many.

But the one that's really getting me is 'body building'. Jack - body building is the extremely lean, muscular, orange posing people, weightlifting is what they do at the Olympics, power lifting is the 'big three' lifts (squat, deadlift, bench press). I suspect you would like to claim to be a powerlifter so could you at least just, occasionally, bleeping try to be accurate.

Also, my husband is very posh (triangulate me, witches) so I have been to dinner parties with very posh people. Whilst not necessarily my favourite thing, I have never been treated as an exhibit at a human zoo. Potentially this was because I didn't attend in character as a Victorian urchin... Or alternatively it's because a lot of posh people are just quite normal but with more money and are perfectly aware that not everyone goes to university and/or private school.

As ever, what a bleeping melt.
I used to work for someone who paid Greece’s national debt! 🔺🔺me. He used to eat with his fingers even in top London restaurants. He certainly didn’t go to university.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
All this uni talk, she’s so disingenuous. If it really was *that* big a deal, if she really feels as though it’s something that would improve her career opportunities and social standing and the rest, then why not just GO to university now, as a mature student. She’s been loaded and at a loose end for years, the bulk of her days are spent on SM, the idea that time and money stand in the way no longer apply (if they ever did) and even if she lacks GCSE’s, again, she has the time to get them if she so wishes. It’s hypothetical, of course, because she’s a lazy fucker and puts more effort into selfies and photoshop than in self-improving, but it doesn’t stop her making a song and dance and claiming some sort of special victimhood on account of her laziness. She has 10000 times more opportunity than your average joe, she just can’t be fucked to do anything with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I used to work for someone who paid Greece’s national debt! 🔺🔺me. He used to eat with his fingers even in top London restaurants. He certainly didn’t go to university.
It's really one of those things that's only impressive at a certain point in your life. I was a champion speller when I was eight 😎 but I rarely bring it up now, you know?

A family member went to Oxbridge. Poor background, really tit high school, so it was a massive achievement. But they spunked it up the wall, spent the whole time drinking and doing drugs, did badly on exams, and has had a highly unremarkable career in admin. Getting into Oxbridge was amazing. But that family member peaked at 17.

Nobody cares what you did 10 years ago. It's all about what you're doing now (facetuning yourself into a prepubescent Bieber and tweeting furiously).

ETA: Plus of course in the culinary world - which she occasionally pretends to be a part of - very few of the big names went to university. I doubt Gordon Ramsay cries himself to sleep over it, you know?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
These screenshots are doing the rounds on twitter. Replies to a Nigel Farage tweet, and evidence of the narrative Jack feeds with her £20 a week shops.

IMG_20201022_114504.png

IMG_20201022_114452.png
IMG_20201022_114437.png
IMG_20201022_114427.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
I work with a lot of academics in an academic-adjacent field. People often talk about where they went to uni during social moments (well, when we had those). It's just a conversation starter and yes, every so often someone says that they didn't. No one is embarrassed, no one thinks it's weird. It just leads to other conversations. Example:

A: Mack, where did you go to uni?
B: I didn't. I did cooking at college.
A: Oh wow, what was that like?

Funnily enough, Jackie, most people have manners and understand that their personal life experience isn't mirrored by everyone else they meet. They therefore don't feel awkward about asking and answering questions, nor do they feel the need to constantly justify their life choices or judge the choices other people have made.

Reactions: 35
When was the last time she actually did anything useful? She retweeted Marcus Rashford but that's only because she wants to get in on it. I can't remember when she even last gave a shout out to a charity which is just a minimum she could do. But then even if she did, it would all be deleted now anyway.

Are you aware of my work, Marcus?
Hahhaaaa. Beat me to it!

Reactions: 4
I work with a lot of academics in an academic-adjacent field. People often talk about where they went to uni during social moments (well, when we had those). It's just a conversation starter and yes, every so often someone says that they didn't. No one is embarrassed, no one thinks it's weird. It just leads to other conversations. Example:

A: Mack, where did you go to uni?
B: I didn't. I did cooking at college.
A: Oh wow, what was that like?

Funnily enough, Jackie, most people have manners and understand that their personal life experience isn't mirrored by everyone else they meet. They therefore don't feel awkward about asking and answering questions, nor do they feel the need to constantly justify their life choices or judge the choices other people have made.
Totally. I was once going to a meeting with a colleague (remember going to meetings lol) at a local university and I asked him in conversation if he had gone to that university, he told me he hadn't been to university at all, and told me why and what he would have liked to have done if he had. I just assumed he had because he was so brilliant, which says more about my preconceptions than anything about him!

Reactions: 30
The difference* between Marcus and Jack is that Jack talks about poverty campaigning whereas Marcus actually IS poverty campaigning.

*Ok, there’s lots of differences. Marcus not being a massive thieving bellend for starters.
All she does is tweet.( Talk) I've seen more action in a Barbie doll.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
View attachment 283888

Imagine the state of that portrait in her attic.
Is it an Emin or a #Gifted Picasso, do you think?

I have so many notes on the last week. Really so many.

But the one that's really getting me is 'body building'. Jack - body building is the extremely lean, muscular, orange posing people, weightlifting is what they do at the Olympics, power lifting is the 'big three' lifts (squat, deadlift, bench press). I suspect you would like to claim to be a powerlifter so could you at least just, occasionally, bleeping try to be accurate.

Also, my husband is very posh (triangulate me, witches) so I have been to dinner parties with very posh people. Whilst not necessarily my favourite thing, I have never been treated as an exhibit at a human zoo. Potentially this was because I didn't attend in character as a Victorian urchin... Or alternatively it's because a lot of posh people are just quite normal but with more money and are perfectly aware that not everyone goes to university and/or private school.

As ever, what a bleeping melt.

The last time something like ever happened, George Bernard Shaw wrote a play about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Just had a quick look on twitter. Found these tweets. I am so bleeping angry right now. How can she not see how dangerous she is?

IMG_20201022_120833.png
IMG_20201022_120811.png
IMG_20201022_120737.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.