Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Self promotion is what it's all about for Jack.

View attachment 284104
AS IF she’s just reposted her crappy essay. I’m actually shocked, what a self-serving bleep. No time to tweet useful information about where and how to donate to feed disadvantaged children, but wants everyone to read her horribly written tripe and tell her she’s the most cleverest even though she’s the most poorest. So inspiring! Much influential!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
No replies, just dutiful ‘likes’ from her whipped followers. What does it achieve? Sigh. What a tit.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
It's really getting me down today that she is allowed to get away with this shite. I don't mean to sound melodramatic like Jack, but she's driven me to tears today.

Would she like it if KGM retweeted her £20 a week shop bullcrap pointing out that she is feeding into a Tory pro austerity benefit slashing dumb poor people don't know how to cook narrative?

(He wouldn't though because he has decency and doesn't incite pile ons for clout.)

Someone tell MR that JM's view is that his mum was simply not maverick enough to feed him £20's worth of nutritionally empty tasteless beige slop every week.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
"I was being sarcastic, Krish is a mate, here's a picture of my arse with the crack shopped out and four thousand tweets about Ribena"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Getting into Oxbridge was amazing. But that family member peaked at 17.
When I used to date a lot, for my own amusement, I would message men whose profiles started with 'Oxbridge educated' to ask if they felt it was sad that they still defined themselves by a decades old achievement.

Always went down well 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Self promotion is what it's all about for Jack.

View attachment 284104
Yes, remind them of the misleading picture that you took while doing the live below the line challenge while making out it was all you could afford currently, if I remember correctly?
And while you've been batch cooking up a storm for weeks with your 30 however many freezer boxes?
Stop it, Jack. Stop lying, stop grifting and stop making everything about you.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Just had a quick look on twitter. Found these tweets. I am so bleeping angry right now. How can she not see how dangerous she is?

View attachment 284040View attachment 284044View attachment 284048
To be fair to these horror squiggles it's the logical conclusion to everything Jack has been funding her middle class lifestyle with for years, after she's currently feeding herself and her son on just £20 per week with plenty left over to do experiment with new recipes. The ability to eat well on a budget is a skill but not one that's of much use when you literally have no money. As anti poverty campaigners go Jack is worse than a man down.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm at work and googled this in seconds. The answer is YES they contain palm oil. And somehow Jack has appointed herself as the appropriate person to write about food ethics? Oh yeah I forgot her meticulous research of food ethics has concluded cheap = good, expensive = bad. No wonder everyone laughed at her at that imaginary dinner party. I wonder if it was around the time of calling herself 'Dr Jack Monroe' (this makes me die to think about, so embarrassing).
I stand by what I said yesterday that "what uni did you go to" comment was a sarky response to her probably being a know it all and the person in question was thinking "who the duck is this twit" and therefore asked and was "shocked" to hear she was only secondary school educated.

I know lots of very clever secondary ( only)educated people, they just dont go off on one about stuff they know very little about.
I am university educated and I have never been asked did I go to one or not because it has honestly never came up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
All this uni talk, she’s so disingenuous. If it really was *that* big a deal, if she really feels as though it’s something that would improve her career opportunities and social standing and the rest, then why not just GO to university now, as a mature student. She’s been loaded and at a loose end for years, the bulk of her days are spent on SM, the idea that time and money stand in the way no longer apply (if they ever did) and even if she lacks GCSE’s, again, she has the time to get them if she so wishes. It’s hypothetical, of course, because she’s a lazy fucker and puts more effort into selfies and photoshop than in self-improving, but it doesn’t stop her making a song and dance and claiming some sort of special victimhood on account of her laziness. She has 10000 times more opportunity than your average joe, she just can’t be fucked to do anything with it.
Especially since her annual income is so low that she'd qualify for full maintenance and would never earn enough to pay the loans back <SURE JAN>

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This is by-the-by, but I went to M&S yesterday & bought some butter and then when I got home I found I already HAD an unused butter in the fridge and now I feel so bloody fancy! I knew my Frauhen would understand

Two margarines on the go? It's a nightmare scenario.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The ephemeral Monroe Paradox has been mentioned before - I saw this question, immediately thought of this song, then heard the last line of 2nd verse.

Full version for those of us who may have forgotten quite how good Culture Club and Boy George were. Katy Brand is kiilling it on the backing vocals too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_xU6hkdgAw
To the best of my knowledge (1984 Culture Cmub concert Sydney, Australia!) it's Helen Terry on backing vocals

Reactions: 5
AS IF she’s just reposted her crappy essay. I’m actually shocked, what a self-serving bleep. No time to tweet useful information about where and how to donate to feed disadvantaged children, but wants everyone to read her horribly written tripe and tell her she’s the most cleverest even though she’s the most poorest. So inspiring! Much influential!
See, now I’ve got “Muy importante!” from Family Guy stuck in my head, alongside Mackie’s face and a printout of Potatoes!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Krishnan is a national treasure. She’s a bleeping fool.
I enjoyed listening to the episode of Fortunately where Fi and Jane interviewed him. It’s on the BBC Sounds App from 31 July 2020.

Reactions: 11
People do NOT need experimental riffs on nasty instant noodles.

Cheap recipes to teach people to cook should be simple, healthy and largely uncontroversial. Basic tomato sauce for pasta (that if budget & taste permits you could add bacon, tuna, olives, diced pepper, etc to). Simple ragu for bolognese, which could easily get adapted into chilli con carne, cottage pie, etc. Some easy recipes for chickpeas or beans that don't involve peaches.

Jack has never produced anything like that. If you're skint, you don't want to experiment. You need simple, foolproof recipes that will help you learn the fundamentals of cooking, without a drained spaghetti hoop in sight.
Yes exactly this. When your food budget is restricted you need reliability. Back in my skint years, I tended to avoid fresh fruit to an extent for the simple reason that you don't know when you're going to get something sour. Veg is more reliable, similarly you know a tin of beans will taste the same as the last one as will your basic pasta sauce recipe. I'm not suggesting fruit dodging is a healthy approach btw but it does highlight how a tight budget will adversely affect your nutritional intake over time- you can have a good basic diet but not an excellent one.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.