Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wasn't saying no to the charitable foodbank that supported her back in the day. She should have said, "no, I don't want your free food, it is the government's job to feed me and my child. It is what I paid my taxes for whilst I was at work". But she didn't.

She took charity when she needed it, but is advocating denying others the opportunity of charity when they need it. All for an ideological and political battle.
She still is taking charity in a sense. Every time someone pops pennies in the tip jar. Every time someone sends her a shopping trolley so she can cart her food home. Every time someone sends her £20 because they believe she cannot afford to feed herself. She just doesn't want any of this money going elsewhere!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Yes exactly this. When your food budget is restricted you need reliability. Back in my skint years, I tended to avoid fresh fruit to an extent for the simple reason that you don't know when you're going to get something sour. Veg is more reliable, similarly you know a tin of beans will taste the same as the last one as will your basic pasta sauce recipe. I'm not suggesting fruit dodging is a healthy approach btw but it does highlight how a tight budget will adversely affect your nutritional intake over time- you can have a good basic diet but not an excellent one.
You're right, especially in the UK, where fruit is often imported and not very nice. Here I can get it much cheaper and fresher - but I still need to plan around how much I can eat before it will go off. A punnet of ripe nectarines would be a tit buy for one person, for example.

In my poorer days, I found fresh fruit unreliable (there is nothing worse than a mealy apple 🤢) and expensive. The easiest and most reliable option is bananas...but they get overripe quickly, so it helps if you have some ideas of what to do then.

Reactions: 28
Also why not just buy plain dried noodles that contain so much less tit? I don't understand her obsession with instant noodles when she still adds so much tit to them. You can make a simple and delicious broth with some vegetable stock, a few aromatics and a teaspoon of miso! She's so terrible.
I don’t understand it either, the plain ones are extremely cheap too (about the same per 100g), maybe even cheaper (and better) from an Asian supermarket. The flavour packets taste like dust so that’s not a reason to buy the instant ones either

She has no idea how to be poor

4E0846F9-F8F7-4EC3-8E02-2D47BC3774FE.jpeg

Reactions: 31
20201022_144449.jpg

I've mentioned these books before: Fiona Beckett's Beyond Baked Beans series for students. This is from the third, Beyond Baked Beans Budget. A simple recipe, written in a clear, unpatronising way. Options within the ingredients. Suggestions of what to do with leftovers, including references to other recipes in the book. (And a stain left by me 🙄)

This is the kind of thing that should be used as a resource, not Jack's nonsense. OK, change it so it's targeted more at families and less at students, but this is ideal.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I can’t get over the nerve of her posting that and trying to pass it off as how she actually looks. Has such a hard life and can’t afford decent moisturiser, but is apparently exempt from the ageing process and her eyebrows and hair seem to be thickening up with each birthday that passes 🤥
Do I recall that she was gifted heaps of good moisturiser and other products? I think I recall a good eyeroll about that. They didn't get much mileage from it, but I'm not sure what brands expect

Reactions: 30
Do I recall that she was gifted heaps of good moisturiser and other products? I think I recall a good eyeroll about that. They didn't get much mileage from it, but I'm not sure what brands expect
Yeah, she did. I remember the Skin Food one

Reactions: 22
Wonder how our slippery heroine’s going to wriggle our of this mess? Played right into the hands of those she claims to despise, what a pickle. And coming hot on the heels of trolley gate too-I’d have kept my mouth shut if I were her & hoped nobody noticed that I’m actually screwing over those whose predicament I make a living from but not old widow wanky. Jack’s made a career from amateur dramatics & being a loudmouth.
Really had enough of her for the moment, and she stole the ‘sentient Victorian coat rack’ phrase-someone posted it a while back. Charlatan.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
meanwhile, on insta... she's on the sofa for a record-breaking 3rd time this year, squealing over mom's new book
😑

20201022_135140.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
Just to highlight how absurd adult baby Jack is, a few weeks ago we were on spin class instructor Jack (ft. someone else’s teeth - whose are they?!)

View attachment 283924
I think she has someone else's boobs in this photo, as well as teeth. This alleged photo before alleged full on burnout *actually* falls in the period where she was allegedly so sick and thin she had to keep telling us she didn't have an eating disorder.

Use a spreadsheet for your lies of black eyes

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Wonder how our slippery heroine’s going to wriggle our of this mess? Played right into the hands of those she claims to despise, what a pickle. And coming hot on the heels of trolley gate too-I’d have kept my mouth shut if I were her & hoped nobody noticed that I’m actually screwing over those whose predicament I make a living from but not old widow wanky. Jack’s made a career from amateur dramatics & being a loudmouth.
Really had enough of her for the moment, and she stole the ‘sentient Victorian coat rack’ phrase-someone posted it a while back. Charlatan.
If she acknowledges it all, we'll get the sweary "working class"act followed by tales of gasping,howling and screaming on the floor on account of a flash back to her entirely avoidable stint in poverty. It like Marie Antoinette reinventing herself as an expert on shepherding on a budget. What we won't get is a coherent, useful rebuttal.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
More of this tit. Wake up Jack.

View attachment 284121
Her fans are cunts, sorry but it’s all of our jobs to feed and look after everyone. She should be mortified that she’s getting tagged in this tit but she actively perpetuated it with her mAtE wE pAy tAxEs, tbh I don’t give a duck how much we pay in taxes it’s used on tit isn’t it, but that’s out of our control. What’s in our control is what we do with our time & money, and JM isn’t a big fan of doing anything nice for anyone that isn’t her or Cotswolds Co. Also she’s on a mad one about taxes recently isn’t she, suspect our dear heart has fucked it, is feeling a lil resentful, and her true blue ~shines through~ 🤭

agree completely with @instacharlie, she won’t share links to donate cos she wants to poor fish every Sunday and she needs to make sure the pay pigs haven’t already made their charitable donation of the month.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Her fans are cunts, sorry but it’s all of our jobs to feed and look after everyone. She should be mortified that she’s getting tagged in this tit but she actively perpetuated it with her mAtE wE pAy tAxEs, tbh I don’t give a duck how much we pay in taxes it’s used on tit isn’t it, but that’s out of our control. What’s in our control is what we do with our time & money, and JM isn’t a big fan of doing anything nice for anyone that isn’t her or Cotswolds Co. Also she’s on a mad one about taxes recently isn’t she, suspect our dear heart has fucked it, is feeling a lil resentful, and her true blue ~shines through~ 🤭

agree completely with @instacharlie, she won’t share links to donate cos she wants to poor fish every Sunday and she needs to make sure the pay pigs haven’t already made their charitable donation of the month.
Yes to all. She's got bloody mentionitis about tax recently. Must be playing on her mind, can't think why?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Someone tweeted her asking if she ever ages?! And here's the raw, non-edited reality:
Oh yes, this was in the self-described "despite my broad beaming smile and hoots of laughter I am a broken husk of crushing depression and tortured self-loathing which you cannot see because I am SMILING" phase.

It was a confusing time for us, but not for the fans, who sent doggos

Such professionalism. Knowledge of ethical issues & nutrition, giving guidance-jack really knows her tit eh? 🙄
She's still copying Nigel Slater's "Susan, it's an aubergine recipe" tweet and she's still mucking it up

You just know she introduced herself to everyone like that, in the style of Dr Marvin Monroe from the Simpsons. “Hi, I’m Dr Jack Monroe”. She probably didn’t put on her Eliza Doolittle street urchin accent so much either.
Bet she didn't even know it's an honorary title and had to pretend hastily she was being sarcastic

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.