Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been to loads of those dinner parties. I live in north london, lots of my friends work in the media, a couple are even low-level famous. I have never once heard anyone discuss which university they went to (because we’re adults) or take the piss out of anyone for a lack of education or any job they’ve had (it was normally me with the crappy jobs, so I would be aware)

If I was sitting next to someone and they told me about going to visit concentration camps but that they hadn’t actually done it yet...well, it’s not the most riveting anecdote is it? I think I’d be mentally screaming for someone to rescue me. Also, I don’t think knowing the names of 3 well known camps proves a “forensic interest” in global affairs. It shows you’ve watched the History Channel a few times

I’ve commented on this and not the £20 stuff because that makes me need a Valium & merlot

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
I'd love to find out what kinds of 'school trips' her school ran.
I've met people who did weeks away skiing, trips to France.
My school did a day out in The New Forest.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
20201021_190915.jpg

Back to doing what she does best...tit culinary advice

The global far right breathe a collective sigh of relief - she's letting them get away with it for one more day.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
88 refers to Hitler cos it’s 8th letter or some shite according to bleep supremacists. I learned this today reading about that cancelled woodworking show with LeeMack.

Edit: bleep = white 😂😂
Column 88, is/was a far right group. 88 for Heil Hitler, H being the 8th letter of the alphabet. Had international links.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
The Holocaust is a serious and very sensitive subject. I have read alot about what those poor people went through. I think she should just shut up now. I don't think there is anything she can add to the subject. She never lived it. So why does she think she needs to add her thoughts to it.
She needs to sit and watch Shoah

Reactions: 17
Suppose if it’s bought with somebody else’s money it can be classed as a gift? Maybe this is how she justifies all the expensive stuff ?
Sorry, I meant that in a sarcastic way but it wouldn't surprise me if when she says gift from a friend it means from the tip jar fund, something a 'friend' has donated.

Reactions: 15
Salad cream scrambled eggs, dear squiggle? That, quite honestly, sounds bleeping disgusting.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
With regards to the far right, I worked as a nurse back in the late 80s/early 90s and nursed an elderly man who had been part of a force which liberated the camps. What he saw was so horrific that he got photos taken because, as he said "nobody will ever believe us without some proof".

He had kept the photos after the war in a photo album which his wife brought in so he could show me.

All I can say is man's inhumanity to his fellow humans knows no bounds. The camps were by this point free of German guards and one photo showed a little girl washing from a bowl on the ground. Behind her were bodies piled high and she was there and washing herself like this was totally normal.

Heartbreaking.

I've been outspoken about Far Right ideology ever since. Some of the campaigning for Brexit left me open mouthed...of course it was Farage behind the worst.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I'd love to find out what kinds of 'school trips' her school ran.
I've met people who did weeks away skiing, trips to France.
My school did a day out in The New Forest.
Only secondary school trip was to a local church at Easter where they'd wrapped up a manniquin in bog roll and said it represented Jesus. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I’ve been to loads of those dinner parties. I live in north london, lots of my friends work in the media, a couple are even low-level famous. I have never once heard anyone discuss which university they went to (because we’re adults) or take the piss out of anyone for a lack of education any job they’ve had (it was normally me with the crappy jobs, so I would be aware)
Yeah, I have worked in the media for 16 years. (🔺) I know a few low-level famous types/journos. You're right, no-one gives a tit what university you went to.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I truly hope she never, ever does.
The woman hasn't an ounce of empathy.

Can anyone honestly imagine her approach this with the reverence & humility it clearly deserves?
Genuinely think she'd add 'Jewish' to her list of nationalities and ethnicities.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Why does she seem to think that you have to go to Auschwitz to acknowledge that fascism exists? Sorry I can't get over this I don't understand.
Much like everything else she claims to fight passionately for, poverty, politics, gender, etc, It's not enough that she simply acknowledges a topic or attempts to further her own understanding.

Her self & whole ethos is about putting yourself directly in the eye of the storm, revelling in the destruction it causes & energy it creates...negative or positive attention she cares not, it just feeds the beast.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.