Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm starting to think #Book8 might be based around £20 shops. I only say because I remember a lot of plant-based content started to appear back in 2018, long before Veganish was announced.

Although, I was convinced back during the halcyon days of the shed cookalongs that we were getting "Camping Stove on a Bootstrap" so what do i know? :unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Bloody hell.More bloody eggs.l feel sorry for the chickens ,their backsides must be suffering severe burnout ☹.I hope they are at least free range .I wouldn't guilt trip anyone buying cheap eggs when it's all you can afford especially if your trying to feed a family.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Tattle really needs to add the eye rolling emoji and perhaps a cringe emoji just for Jack reactions. My eyes & jaw have had quite the workout reading all the Jack bullshit.
As an American I would like to formally request she ceases the use of hella immediately.
Now duck off 👿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
She really can't bear to not be at the centre of this, can she?
Exactly. Someone put it really well in the last thread but she hasn’t got anything other than being poor. She’s not a chef, she’s not a tv presenter, so her career is professional poor person. So she has to centre herself in everything and claim she can’t afford butter etc because if she’s not on the breadline, what’s her usp? She’s not smart enough to see that you can be loaded like Marcus Rashford, and still care and still make a point. YOU don’t have to be the centre of the universe. I’d have respect for “I used to struggle - now I comfortable but here are some things that helped me”

• Heart
Reactions: 44
The Holocaust is a serious and very sensitive subject. I have read a lot about what those poor people went through. I think she should just shut up now. I don't think there is anything she can add to the subject. She never lived it. So why does she think she needs to add her thoughts to it.
Unlike Jack I have been to Auschwitz and I would normally encourage other people to do the same. However Jack is the one exception I'd make to that. The idea of her offensively claiming to more affected by it that everyone else who ever lived or drawing comparisons between her ridiculous performative suffering and the Holocaust would likely tip me over the edge.

I'm also baffled as to why her concerns about a resurgence in far right extremism would require a tour of former concentration camps? Does she imagine Holocaust deniers will suddenly exclaim "Oh well if Jack Monroe is saying it happened we better drop this" or that during a study of the camps her weird little brain will throw up a plan to prevent it ever happening again?

Finally,

WHY IS SHE SUCH AN AWFUL ARSE?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
She really can't bear to not be at the centre of this, can she?
This is dangerous. Every party should be scrutinised if in power when poverty was experienced. So Jack is saying it's ok to look the other way if Labour do wrong? Really appalling behaviour from a campaigner. Jamie Oliver is very careful to stay 'apolitical' (publicly) in order to do the best for as many people in need as possible

Reactions: 41
I'd love to find out what kinds of 'school trips' her school ran.
I've met people who did weeks away skiing, trips to France.
My school did a day out in The New Forest.
We went to Manchester Airport departure lounge, 10 miles away, and then went home! How bad is that? This is where you could be going, but you're not because you are poor. 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Where to start...

Thick slimy texture, probably due to the stuffing mix, not soupy at all. A bit like porridge after it has been left to long and it congeals into a semi-solid.

Flavours overpowering and not pleasant, sage dominant. Far too much salt using a whole stock cube for such a small portion. The density of tomato is now coming forth and is coating the back of my throat. I need water to wash it down. I can't take any more and will try her suggestion of "thining it down" with water, it is just too much.

Hang on for the sequel, return of the tomato soup, the thinned down version.

Will put back in the pan with water and reheat.
@MancBee Maybe better to put back in the pan and “retreat“? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.