Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was worried myself going into the media as quite a few people are a bit posh.

Most of them are posh like 'I grew up in a 5 bed house and my Dad is a landlord' kinda posh but I never had any grief.

Only from one exec but she was a notorious cow to pretty much everyone regardless of whether or not you went to uni.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m really uncomfortable with the use of the word ‘pilgrimage’ in regards to concentration camps.
Same. Really pissed off at her trying to get twitter points by claiming she planned a trip to Auschwitz. Not even went there, just had a random thought of going and never went through with it. Disrespectful and tasteless in the extreme, but sure what else would you expect from her?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
By attending a grammar school, Jack had a 'better' (for want of a less clunky word) educational prospects than someone of equal intellect attending a school in a disadvantaged area or in special measures - same way that someone going to Oxbridge has afforded certain (fairly or unfairly) advantages over someone who went to a former Poly. Privilege is a sliding scale.

That being said, I think it's reductive and, frankly, a bit 1950s to ascribe such value to Oxbridge. Its a bit like that ancient John Cleese / Ronnie Barker / Ronnie Corbett sketch - "I'm middle class, so I look up to him, but I look down on him".

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Hmmm, so in 2014 she was the only one who saw the rise of the far right in Europe? I guess no one in the UK had heard of Farage or UKIP then. And no one but her was paying attention to what was happening in Austria or Hungary. And I'm sure the Italians felt totally secure in their newly elected left-wing government after years of Berlusconi. Oh, and let's not forget the waves the AfD made in Germany in 2013. Of course, no political commentator apart from her paid the slightest bit of attention to a far right party who almost made it to parliament in fuckjng Germany!
duck off, you bore. You aren't stupid because you didn't go to uni. You are stupid because you are convinced that you are clever.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
So the guests at the dinner party were her friends? If so why does she have friends like that? OR they’re Allegra’s friends. In which case, why would Allegra have friends like that and why would you choose to spend time with them? I would happily (and do) have my husband’s friends round for dinner and it would be really fun because my husband wouldn’t have crappy friends. If you have to keep telling everyone how clever you are, are you? I just find it all fascinating.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
In my defence I didn't know how to cook at the time... 😂

Does anyone remember when she kicked off because Del Monte uploaded a very similar recipe onto their website? This was pre Tattle and it was a proper pile on.
Well google finds a twitter link but it’s gone, do we think waybackmachine might have it?

Reactions: 12
Can we do anything for this person? Life is so tit sometimes and it sounds like they are going through a bad time.
I think the best thing would be just for Jack to acknowledge her (and return her £20, privately with profuse thanks for the lovely gesture).

She reminds me of superfan, who only wanted a bit of recognition. Which makes me sad .

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Same. Really pissed off at her trying to get twitter points by claiming she planned a trip to Auschwitz. Not even went there, just had a random thought of going and never went through with it. Disrespectful and tasteless in the extreme, but sure what else would you expect from her?
She's also kind of saying that fascism affects her specifically? That they were ~laughing at her from their bubble of privilege~ is implying that they didn't take it seriously because they are not the ones targeted by fascists whereas she is? All because she didn't get to do a grief tour with daddy.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Struggling hard to make any sense of this little anecdote (other than ~but needless to say, I had the last laugh~). Is she suggesting that the people she was dining with were Holocaust deniers? Furthermore, it's not her lack of privilege which prevented her from going to University - she was given every opportunity in the world to do so - it was her sheer, unadulterated thickness.
Thick and lazy, too lazy to even memorise her own poem for Edinburgh.
She's a priviledged entitled teeny tiny bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It is one of those anecdotes that gets embroidered over years - someone took issue with something naive she said, she felt humiliated, and because NO-ONE MUST CHALLENGE HER AND SHE KNOWS ALL, in her head it's become Carrie at the prom.

So the guests at the dinner party were her friends? If so why does she have friends like that? OR they’re Allegra’s friends. In which case, why would Allegra have friends like that and why would you choose to spend time with them? I would happily (and do) have my husband’s friends round for dinner and it would be really fun because my husband wouldn’t have crappy friends. If you have to keep telling everyone how clever you are, are you? I just find it all fascinating.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Yes, very interesting that she would rather stay 'in' with the very successful ex than name names and risk losing the contact

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Why does she seem to think that you have to go to Auschwitz to acknowledge that fascism exists? Sorry I can't get over this I don't understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
While we’re owning up to recipes we’ve made, has anyone tried the marmite loaf from veganish? I am the biggest marmite fan in the world but it was horrifying, you couldn’t taste anything else so it was a complete waste of the vegan cheese that went in it. My guess is she maybe made it with dairy cheese and just assumed they work the same.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
What was that in response to? Was it just a tweet? 🤭
It's in response to someone basically pointing out how disgusting it is for Jack to not even acknowledge that someone has sent her £20 out of their heating discount. They didn't tag Jack they were just saying it on their own timeline.

Reactions: 24
Aw I know you guys have probably already said it so much better, but her anecdote makes no bleeping sense.

Jack says she is concerned about the rise of the rise of the far right and wants to go to Auschwitz to write a report about it.

It's no wonder they fell about laughing? Even though this anecdote sounds incredibly fictional?

She isn't a political reporter or a historian so what insight could she possibly think she could bring to the topic?

I am writing carefully here and trying not to be flippant because she should not casually mention these places for clout. She has no sense of decency whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Yet anything else is expensive, radios, curtains, sideboards, row machines, hammock etc, she was even eyeing up a very expensive trolley
Does it count when you've bought it out of money other people have given you though because apparently, you're only poor when it's you're own money you're low on....... Or something.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.