Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it shouldn't amaze me, because narcissism is not a 24 hour bug, but it does AMAZE me that she knows hundreds of people are openly amused/aghast at her untrammelled self-praise on a daily basis, and yet she still can't let up on anecdotes about how great she finds herself to be. Jack, maybe fascism is not about you and how "forensically" brilliant you think you are? Does everything have to be a giant throbbing boast?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I don't understand the nazi dogwhistle and her birth year tweet... Anyone care to enlighten me, a confused frau?

Reactions: 27
I don't understand the nazi dogwhistle and her birth year tweet... Anyone care to enlighten me, a confused frau?
88 refers to Hitler cos it’s 8th letter or some shite according to bleep supremacists. I learned this today reading about that cancelled woodworking show with LeeMack.

Edit: bleep = white 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Also, she did not cause that much of a fuss when she put her tree up last year. Except with perhaps her own Mrs. Iirc, she kept Twitter well updated on L's annoyance at her multiple Christmas trees and decs (£££). At least she can put up as many trees and lights as the crappy bungalow can take this year eh? Tip jar is open for the electric bill

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Going to Auschwitz? Gosh, nobody's ever done that before. A true political maverick.
I went on a school trip there in 2007. I can imagine her ‘report’ being roughly as insightful as the schoolwork we did afterwards

Also wasn’t she moaning literally yesterday about a TV channel overdoing the Nazi content? But Jack Monroe, who presumably has GCSE-level knowledge of history (or below!), could do it better, right?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Long time lurker, hi!

It really annoys me that she goes on about CHEAP bread and CHEAP this and CHEAP that.

Never read a recipe and it's ingredients are listed expensive, mid range or cheap. Just say 'bread on the side'. Don't know if that's irrational annoyance 😂
Yet anything else is expensive, radios, curtains, sideboards, row machines, hammock etc, she was even eyeing up a very expensive trolley

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I’m really uncomfortable with the use of the word ‘pilgrimage’ in regards to concentration camps.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 95
88 refers to Hitler cos it’s 8th letter or some shite according to bleep supremacists. I learned this today reading about that cancelled woodworking show with LeeMack.

Edit: bleep = white 😂😂
Ahhh thanks. I'm clearly out of the loop with all these things. Jack confuses me at the best of times so I was thinking what on earth is wrong with 1988!

Reactions: 17
Wow, these dinner parties she held sound riveting.

View attachment 283073
THIS
NEVER
HAPPENED

now, won't triangulate myself too much but i'm from a PROPER poor part of the UK, extremely deprived, and had the insane privilege and good fortune to attend the best university in the world. at 18 i spent all my time waiting for some posh fucker to make a comment about my background, and it never happened. it just doesnt happen. and if it did, you wouldnt tolerate it. duck OFF jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
The latest shite about the dinner party and the talk of visiting Auschwitz - they were likely laughing because they’d heard it all before from siblings or children desperate to find a purpose, visiting during a gap year or similar.

There’s no way in Jacks head they’d be laughing because they pegged her as some grief tourist, oh no, definitely because she hadn’t gone to Oxbridge 🙄

And the tweet stinks of sour grapes that she’s no longer hosting these parties.

I need to stop following her as every day I feel rage and have to suppress the urge to reply to her tweets.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Peach curry
Far, far too sweet. The recipe calls for you to tip all the peach juice into the curry. Plus it only states for you to add 1 teaspoon of cumin and a pinch of chilli flakes... a curry it is not! Forced myself to eat the leftovers but the struggle was real. 3/10

Am I the only person who didn’t mind the peach curry? I tend to add extra curry powder, ginger, coriander and turmeric to it, but its fine after that :LOL: having said that, I have a really sweet tooth so that may be why xD

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.