Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still under contract with Hellmans? How though? I don’t understand this. Maybe an exclusivity term of some kind?!
But you’d think that would be a long term working partnership with her as the FACE of Hellman’s? Like how there was that scandal when Britney was drinking coke when she was the face of Pepsi (I think?).

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Do you think her agent/publishers are aware of the grift and content going on on her Twitter account?

Surely having people donating their winter fuel allowance to the grabby twit is a step too far and they should be telling her. Maybe someone needs to nudge them in the direction of said tweets.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
This is awful. If I was on twitter I'd be so tempted to suggest jack refund it. Looking at her TL... she needs that money far more than JM does
I agree. Wish I had £20 to send her to replace it. (I wouldn’t hold out much hope for jack to refund it.)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She could do Jack's house "You've done really well for yourself.. is that a Cotswold sideboard ? ..Oh another 1 and another and another . That's a nice Roberts radio ...that one is too ...Get out of my rented crappy bungalow ...Slam the door.
*knock, knock, is this your house Jack monroe?

“I’M busy, now duck OFF, it’s a crappy rental bungalow

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Apropos of nothing, from that mushroom soup recipe that @LavaFlake bravely consumed for our pleasure:

Screenshot_20201020-235719_Chrome.jpg

If it's the work of a moment, why would anyone try to rush it? WORD VOMIT.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ffs is she ever going to let the anchoiade go? It's so last week Jack. Please find another poncy dish to duck up.
I imagine that she was hovering around nervously listening to the big grown ups talk when she was with Allegra, and managed to pick up the word anchioade and possibly 'cutting cherry tomatoes eight apiece' and decided this is what proper chefs do

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Bizarrely when I left work today I was listening to the radio and believe it or not they were talking about Bechamal, but the guy didn’t know how to pronounce it, choosing beck a Mel, for some reason I thought of mackie. But was a little concerned Vlad was involved
This has just reminded me that I attempted to watch the video of Jack reciting her poetry at the 2016 Estuary Fringe Festival and two thirds of the way through her rambling she pronounces visceral as 'visk-eral'. Bonus points for it being directly after mentioning wanking around her two year old son. Link is here but it's not for the faint of heart. It's a recycling of her old I-was-poor-once tale peppered with swearing cos that's what the bolshy poors do guv'nor and the actual poetry bits will make you cringe hard enough to induce a headache.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I think her. X Mrs J have recently rekindled. No facts to base it on just my own musings.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Cant afford butter. Even lurpack is 2.75 in b&m. I know I know she can and it's all for twitter but still I cant help but get hot inside when she tweets stuff like that
She could buy a pack of butter for about £1.50, or a tub of clover or equivalent for a quid

Reactions: 12
She could just be a friend with benefits. Though the only possible benefit there could be for L is making me feel queasy. (I'm thinking it's Jackie's food, you filthy lot)
She’ll be a friend without benefits if she keeps knocking about with Jack the benefit thief

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I imagine that she was hovering in around nervously listening to the big grown ups talk when she was with Allegra, and managed to pick up the word anchioade and possibly 'cutting cherry tomatoes eight apiece' and decided this is what proper chefs do
The bleeping anchoiade. I still have no idea how to spell or pronounce it.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
There is no mother in law is there, Jack ate both jars. It’s <insert Just Jack gif>

I imagine that she was hovering around nervously listening to the big grown ups talk when she was with Allegra, and managed to pick up the word anchioade and possibly 'cutting cherry tomatoes eight apiece' and decided this is what proper chefs do
Can someone try chopping a cherry tom into 8 pls would love to see the yield

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.