Jack Monroe #92 Reverse Robin Hood, grifts from the poor to give to herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After reading this thread this evening, I really feel we need a "duck off" react. Red angry face just isn't cutting it anymore, it's gone way beyond that now.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
"Still getting through" the case of Hellmans mayo but mayo was on one of her £20 shops. Absolutely not an experiment or just for Twitter though. She's been insufferable today, making up for a night off last night while she let the dust settle from Sunday. Her inconsistencies and photos of expensive goods need posted black and white for people to see in a "this you?" pop culture type Twitter cancellation.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Whenever she says she can't afford something that's under £3, let's all send it en masse to her agent. Whole office drowning in butter.

(note: I do not actually condone this)
Maybe we could send in milk bottle tops like on Blue Peter in the old days.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Jack disgusts me on so many different levels. Not thanking the poor soul who sent a portion of her heating money is sadly not a new low. She similarly did not thank the person who sent a weighted blanket months ago.

I've wondered about Louisa too. She visited Jack according to Jack (think it was mentioned on insta) and also a member's strava on here revealed another visit. Initially back during DKL I thought Louisa must be a nice but naive person. Not so sure now, I think might have a hard edge to her like Jack.

I felt similar about Jack's parents until I saw her mum's Twitter and Dad's press releases. They all seemed a bit whiny, pity meeee kind of tweets/articles. I wonder if grandad was a bit of a dominant character and obviously successful financially and perhaps the following generations struggled to live up to his expectations/reputation. I think they have benefitted from his assets and the fact that he has established his family in the area. It would be interesting to see that will too.

Jack send that money back or at least acknowledge the kind person who has enough heart to help others in need.

She's coming across as very manic which is concerning.
I think it's her meds. Some lovely members explained on various previous threads that ADHD meds help sufferers calm and focus the parts of the brain that are otherwise racing and struggling to concentrate. However for people without ADHD it has the opposite effect. Jack get's her meds from a private doctor or possibly even buys them online as some people do with testosterone *cough* Jack *cough* presumably to supplement her method acting career. Either way it raises more questions than it does answers. Only Jack knows why Jack does what she does.

To paraphrase the great Bernard Black, legendary grower of mullet mushrooms and destroyer of soup towers

Jack is " half Iago, half Fu Man Chu and all bastard".

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Found this old recipe of Jack's with this photo...

IMG_20190916_153244_543-1024x1024.jpg

jfc.jpg

:eek:
Fraus, I am haunted!

Also... she really goes to town with the tags!

Untitled 3.png

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I treated myself to Nadiya's latest book at Tesco and was flicking through it home when this introduction to a vegan recipe caught my eye.
I'm not vegan but I try to reduce my meat and dairy consumption where I can, so I like experimenting with vegan versions of all kinds of recipes. ... A good vegan recipe should make you forget about the ingredients that are not included because you're too busy enjoying the ones in front of you
And she starts with preheating the oven and preparing any tins or dishes. Step by step logic! Plus her recipes have texture, taste and colour.

Makes a change from the 90% vegan pescatarian bodybuilder chucking around sideboards with her guns of steel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
This has just reminded me that I attempted to watch the video of Jack reciting her poetry at the 2016 Estuary Fringe Festival and two thirds of the way through her rambling she pronounces visceral as 'visk-eral'. Bonus points for it being directly after mentioning wanking around her two year old son. Link is here but it's not for the faint of heart. It's a recycling of her old I-was-poor-once tale peppered with swearing cos that's what the bolshy poors do guv'nor and the actual poetry bits will make you cringe hard enough to induce a headache.
That poetry is a direct rip off of John Cooper Clarke, especially his Evidently Chickentown, Even her delivery is a rip-off. She doesn't have an original idea in her head. Even her maverick ideas in cooking have been done before, and are always found out by our Fraus. The few never seen before ideas that she has come up with don't work, that is why no one has done them before.

She has had her time in the limelight and is now a fading star. If it wasn't for Twitter she would never be heard of again.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Scrambled eggs with mayo??? Also she has clarified that she ISN’T still employed by Hellman’s. Thanks for clearing that up!
9A39248C-E375-4232-AFF7-90A51B170865.png

Reactions: 10
This has just reminded me that I attempted to watch the video of Jack reciting her poetry at the 2016 Estuary Fringe Festival and two thirds of the way through her rambling she pronounces visceral as 'visk-eral'. Bonus points for it being directly after mentioning wanking around her two year old son. Link is here but it's not for the faint of heart. It's a recycling of her old I-was-poor-once tale peppered with swearing cos that's what the bolshy poors do guv'nor and the actual poetry bits will make you cringe hard enough to induce a headache.
Good god, that was painful to watch. The Monroe-poor-act, injected with lots of swearing to fit an audience of apparent cool kids. She really is lost, and tries so hard to find a cause and talent to be respected for. She’s wasting her time with things like this, if she really wanted to taste success she’d hold open events, talks and forums say, on how to play victim, how to avoid work and ultimately, how to scam gullible people of money. In this her talent is unrivalled.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Maybe her manic behaviour is linked to a rekindling with L? It might also explain why she is too BUSY to do the admin for her admin and the take photos and do the recipes for her meals.

I was going to do attempt the pomodoro/ stuffing recipe until I realised the tomatoes I was going to have to cut into 8 were the cherry versions and not the normal ones😞.

I will await another recipe/version of slop that I can attempt.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Scrambled eggs with mayo??? Also she has clarified that she ISN’T still employed by Hellman’s. Thanks for clearing that up! View attachment 282466
Scrambled eggs just need a hot pan and some salt, if you're really FANCY, have them with marmite soldiers 😋 . I can't imagine anyone on a real budget having the luxury of mayonnaise, or eating 4 eggs as a late night snack.

Reactions: 27
That poetry is a direct rip off of John Cooper Clarke, especially his Evidently Chickentown, Even her delivery is a rip-off. She doesn't have an original idea in her head. Even her maverick ideas in cooking have been done before, and are always found out by our Fraus. The few never seen before ideas that she has come up with don't work, that is why no one has done them before.

She has had her time in the limelight and is now a fading star. If it wasn't for Twitter she would never be heard of again.
They might have done them before, but, as they don’t work nobody is dumb enough to broadcast them

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.