Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her patreon is just sh*t loads of postcards and then the highest tier is this. even though her photographs are £3 in her shop. With nearly 400 people to post to a week/ month she must be very busy don't know how she manages to tweet so much
£44!! duck off.

Too short. Now duck off x

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Quick g’morning to the glorious cabal...I have to confess that I can’t keep up with posters who have more than one ID (why?) or cross over to Twitter (why? Isn’t that against Tattle regs? Also, why would anyone troll Mack or her family?), or both (see above!!), so I’ve not been commenting much because...I just don’t get it. But hey...another day, another dollar for the griftmeister. I wonder if she’s received the trolley yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
You know what really pisses me off about her Patreon nonsense? The fact that it would be so easy to do it legitimately, by posting an Exclusive Slop Recipe once a week. Or make recipe videos. Or make an ebook. Her demented followers would lap it up, and we'd have no cause for complaint except everything else she does. There is no need to commit to physical mailouts she is never going to send.
Yes you’re so right, she could even outsource this to the assistant to write up and send.

Reactions: 19
An interesting article by Paris Lees here about BPD.

So many flags waving about a certain someone. Seriously chick, if you read here (of course you do) - get some help.

I love Paris Lees. Now there's someone who's genuinely worked hard and puts the graft in.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You know what really pisses me off about her Patreon nonsense? The fact that it would be so easy to do it legitimately, by posting an Exclusive Slop Recipe once a week. Or make recipe videos. Or make an ebook. Her demented followers would lap it up, and we'd have no cause for complaint except everything else she does. There is no need to commit to physical mailouts she is never going to send.

And yes to the earlier posts about her followers needing exact recipe steps. She scaremongers too, talking sometimes about how you must follow her recipes precisely. No. Any cookbook writer worth their salt should be trying to empower people to make their own decisions in the kitchen. That's particularly true when you're aiming at people with limited budgets and no culinary experience. Instead, she wants them to be dependent on her.
They are her income stream, she very much needs to keep them dependant

Reactions: 14
Quick g’morning to the glorious cabal...I have to confess that I can’t keep up with posters who have more than one ID (why?) or cross over to Twitter (why? Isn’t that against Tattle regs? Also, why would anyone troll Mack or her family?), or both (see above!!), so I’ve not been commenting much because...I just don’t get it. But hey...another day, another dollar for the griftmeister. I wonder if she’s received the trolley yet?
I agree. I don't get going over to her and making a scene she good at that enough with her regular fan who ask questions without us lot going over on the wind up. I get she is triggering, she triggers me. She needs serious help and a good Stern talking too.

Reactions: 18
I agree. I don't get going over to her and making a scene she good at that enough with her regular fan who ask questions without us lot going over on the wind up. I get she is triggering, she triggers me. She needs serious help and a good Stern talking too.
Honestly this! She's perfectly capable of digging her own hole. There have been a few times where I've been very tempted to say something (yesterday, the kitten) but it would fall on deaf ears at best and invoke the trolls at worst. I've hung out on Twitter long enough to know one day she will say the wrong thing and get cancellled by the lefty Twitterati when they uncover the lies. It's just a question of when...

• Heart
Reactions: 44
There’s some very strange behaviour on the internet. We should remember people aren’t all they appear or what they purport to be, as we’ve seen in some posters on this thread in the (recent) past.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
I couldn’t post yesterday, I was so riled up I couldn’t think of anything constructive to say!

My heart leapt when someone mentioned upthread about contacting a news desk but I am so worried that she will somehow spin any negative press so the nation feels sorry for poor old Jack rather than waking up to her lies, rudeness, spitefulness and as others have pointed out, her narcissism.

I shouldn’t be so invested in seeing her get her comeuppance but yesterday’s events were the final straw! It makes me even more grateful for everyone on this thread ❤

Reactions: 34
There’s some very strange behaviour on the internet. We should remember people aren’t all they appear or what they purport to be, as we’ve seen in some posters on this thread in the (recent) past.
People on this thread seem to suss these dodgy members long before I do! I am clearly not as good a judge of someone as you lot.

I generally take people at face value, but even I saw through Jack very early on. Just shows how transparent she is if I can see through her.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Always makes me think of that tv programme The Circle, where a guy won pretending to be a woman, you never know who anyone is! Look at the number of Twitter accounts that are burner accounts. We even think Jackie herself has some 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
They are her income stream, she very much needs to keep them dependant
I lost a teaching gig like that. It was a very wanky, Hipster (remember them?) music shop that was looking for people to do informal group lessons for bored Hipsters of an evening. I went along for the 'chat', nattered away, played a few bits and the owner was very positive - and then I fucked it by saying my aim was to set people up so they could play things without music, sing at the same time, work out how to play something by ear, add their own touches and generally be independent/confident musicians.

Apparently, this was the kiss of death to my fledgling career as a teacher of Hipsters, as what the owner wanted was to hold people back and keep them coming for years without ever developing any independence. When I looked at their fees, I realised why - they were making around £4,750 in two hours from those sessions and, to that effect, wanted people taught one thing (one chord, one strumming pattern, etc) in six weeks.

I changed my mind about the post just at the same as he said I might not fit their 'ethos' (he meant 'business model', naturally).

Can't stand anybody who profits financially or emotionally from keeping others dependent and scared to have a go at something/life themselves.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Always makes me think of that tv programme The Circle, where a guy won pretending to be a woman, you never know who anyone is! Look at the number of Twitter accounts that are burner accounts. We even think Jackie herself has some 😂
I'd bet money on her having a number of different accounts, she did confess to having 9 at one point so I'm sure she likely still has a few different identities now. Would not put it past her to use an account for praising herself/self promotion as well. There's been a couple of times recently I've seen her mentioned on Twitter and thought 🧐

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.