Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The previous Twitter account belonging to this person was followed by Eamonn Holmes. It was then deleted very quickly after someone mentioned this fact in a thread.

it was me that noticed the similarity between eamonn's cousin and a certain twitter account that was swiftly deleted. I really don't think her and the lady who jack had a pop at this morning are the same person. eamonn's cousin's account was just horrible and there's just not the same vibe on this other one.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I had a little mooch on street view today, I thought that the tesco express was by itself, but there's a highstreet with shops, and a nisa supermarket. There's a bakers and a fruit and veg shop amongst many others! She must go there as that's where the post office is
Just. Wow. A largish Tesco Local and a nisa are guaranteed to do some stickered stuff at some time aren’t they? My teeny Tesco is brilliant for bread at the end of the day.

I had a googlemooch as well, and there’s a bus that goes DIRECTLY from practically hers to the big Tesco. Every ten minutes. Very few stops. I think she’s said before the bus fare is expensive (anyone know? - I couldn’t really tell but it doesn’t seem like more than two quid). It’d be far more sensible to walk there, buy everything, and bus back. But noooooo, must drag it out so it takes aaaaaallll day.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Went back to check on kind squiggle who sent her the score for the trolley. Follow up tweet shows you exactly who JM is getting money from. Potentially someone on a low income, far, far lower than Mack's.

View attachment 280120
Things like this are so gross to me. A good deed isn't a good deed when you've clearly only done it to get publicly praised on what a great person you are.

Reactions: 14
Right... any bets on what Frau will find Jack’s alt account for this particular bout of attention seeking?

I’m not convinced my triangulation skills are good enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The landlady would still have to give a certain amount of months notice.

Also, a common misconception but addresses don’t have credit ratings. Only people do so that’s not a concern.

I would only be concerned about the landlady not getting her rent, particularly if that’s her only source of income right now.

Which lady? The £20 one?
I work for a Credit Reference Agency and yes in some cases your address can influence your credit eligibility. Its more behind the scenes though and you wouldn't see it just by looking at your Credit Report.

Reactions: 13
Seeing as Insta is open again, was there not a video on there of her washing her 'black eye'? It's not there now.

Also the pescatarian that eats a squillion eggs makes me think of this.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Went to bed for an early night and find Jack has really hit a new low. Absolutely disgusted reading through this thread, just when I thought she couldn’t get any worse.

On another note, I have used my 🔺 skills and worked out where she lives (maybe Vlad might like to recruit a new frau?) but I can’t find the rental listing. Obviously don’t share her address but would anyone tell me what rental website it’s listed on and I can check my own triangulation skills?

Reactions: 10
Hello, I want to say that I came here because of Sali Hughes curiosity, and although I truly don't know who any of the other influencer people listed here are, I was thrilled to find these threads about someone I've thought was a phoney hysterical pie for years. Like other posters I've known several Jacks, and I see her way of being - the self-pity and drama and multiple self-diagnosed ailments that come and go with fashion - to be a really scary modern trend, enabled by the shallow affirmation of social media... So it's gratifying to find a forum where so many people see through and expose the behaviour that's validated so much elsewhere. And you're hilarious and so nice to each other. Your subjects of discussion would learn a lot if they actually heard your critique over the screeching of their egos. Cheers, all. Now duck, if I may, off. X
10/10 for being both accurate and hilarious with "phoney hysterical pie".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I know it's mean to slag off her followers, but I was just looking at the comments on her (ocado lol) mushroom soup recipe on facebook and these people confuse me.

It's like they don't realise you can google recipes? Or that what Jack is sharing is a bog standard soup recipe and nothing ground breaking? I made a mushroom soup like this a few months ago - I googled vegan mushroom soup and followed the recipe.

I can't cook, but would never ever choose to follow one of her recipes and they don't inspire me at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I know it's mean to slag off her followers, but I was just looking at the comments on her (ocado lol) mushroom soup recipe on facebook and these people confuse me.

It's like they don't realise you can google recipes? Or that what Jack is sharing is a bog standard soup recipe and nothing ground breaking? I made a mushroom soup like this a few months ago - I googled vegan mushroom soup and followed the recipe.

I can't cook, but would never ever choose to follow one of her recipes and they don't inspire me at all.
I know! Also, and I say this more kindly, they seem to be a group who think of recipes as an exact list of ingredients and tasks. They don't seem to be learning from Jack how to cook inexpensive meals, rather, they are slavishly following her recipes one line at a time. The earnestness with which they, for example, respectfully ask if a vegetable stock cube can be used makes me want to jump in to explain some of the bigger picture of cooking

Reactions: 33
It is possible to leave. My advice to landlady would be to end the tenancy ASAP before she totally fucks up the future credit rating of the property.
Yes, but Jack is a classic narcissist. This would be presented as an eviction, yet more pooooor meee crap.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Went back to check on kind squiggle who sent her the score for the trolley. Follow up tweet shows you exactly who JM is getting money from. Potentially someone on a low income, far, far lower than Mack's.

View attachment 280120
This is just absolutely disgusting, what a fraud Monroe is. One wonders if upon reading this, and we know that she does read here, one wonders if any guilt or shame even registers?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This is just absolutely disgusting, what a fraud Monroe is. One wonders if upon reading this, and we know that she does read here, one wonders if any guilt or shame even registers?
I doubt it unfortunately. She gets angry when people start pointing out truths, but I don't think that's guilt or shame related, more annoyed at being busted

Reactions: 24
Seriously, punching your brother (or whatever actually happened) at Christmas should be a source of pure shame, not something you gleefully gloat about in a one of your scathing/ setting the world to rights essays?
But her barometer is seriously askew, she boasts about the appalling food she prepares for her son! I certainly would not broadcast that to the world, his family must see

I don't like to speak to other peoples' substance consumption, or their feelings about it, but I can infer with a fair degree of certainty that she knows absolutely duck all about addiction or recovery.
So the same level of knowledge as nutrition and cooking

thread title
#let me relieve you of your winter benefit

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
But her barometer is seriously askew, she boasts about the appalling food she prepares for her son! I certainly would not broadcast that to the world, his family must see

So the same level of knowledge as nutrition and cooking

thread title
#let me relieve you of your winter benefit
An absolute winner of a thread title

Reactions: 17
I predict some epic virtual signalling coming up to balance the ‘trolls’ nasty nasty insinuations.

Good Works to show how kind n caring she is.

Praise beans!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
You know what really pisses me off about her Patreon nonsense? The fact that it would be so easy to do it legitimately, by posting an Exclusive Slop Recipe once a week. Or make recipe videos. Or make an ebook. Her demented followers would lap it up, and we'd have no cause for complaint except everything else she does. There is no need to commit to physical mailouts she is never going to send.

And yes to the earlier posts about her followers needing exact recipe steps. She scaremongers too, talking sometimes about how you must follow her recipes precisely. No. Any cookbook writer worth their salt should be trying to empower people to make their own decisions in the kitchen. That's particularly true when you're aiming at people with limited budgets and no culinary experience. Instead, she wants them to be dependent on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.