Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thanks to @Harrybosch for the title.

I'm sorry, I'm not @Pocahontas, so this won't be as good an intro

basically, Jack's done her weekly shop in two trips again which she doesn't need to do because she isn't poor

she has angered the fraus and herrs immensely because, well, she's a liar and lots of us reached our limit today.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Recap of thread #90

1. Her latest skill is turning vegetables on their last legs into relatively edible-looking bowls of soup. You only need 100 mls of coconut milk to make a mushroom soup as creamy and smooth as the one she photographed.
  2. She did 35 new recipes from a £20 shop but she can’t be arsed to write them all up, therefore she’s only going to do the seven most popular. Jackie’s Choice.
  3. She’s nearly completed Rebus, having read 19 books in two months. Can’t wait to read her book when it’s done, myself.
  4. She got gifted some ‘good bread’ from a good friend and made a bad sandwich with the neverending bag of radishes.
  5. She performed the Sunday Shopping Saga of two trips to Asda, resulting in a tableful of what she wants people to think she will be eating for the week.
  6. She doesn’t have the wherewithal to buy herself a ‘nan trolley’, she doesn’t want to ride her bike, she doesn’t have a car, she’s on a strict budget, she’s bloody knackered, now GTAF.
  7. Cor blimey, her shoulders and legs ain’t going to thank her in the colder months, guv’nor. Just whack that heating up like you did in August, Tiny Jack.
  8. The disappearance of a number of Smart Price products has given her the literal bleeping rage. She has an inventory of ALL the Smart Price and keeps track of it. This is happening FAST. What, climate change? Now that would be a thing to be outraged about, wouldn’t it, not the lack of SP beans for your show and tell.
  9. The walk there and back ‘destroyed her’ and she ‘cannot possibly overstate how sore and stressful it was’. ‘Lol just try not to stress yourself out too much’ (and just stick to Ocado). She’s NOT doing it for Twitter, apart from the fact she’s spent every waking hour tweeting about going on her two, count them, two food shops with her Big Rucksack.
  10. She’s ‘not here to have a debate every week’ but just wants everyone to sit and listen to her rant about her shopping like the poor, mindless proles she thinks they are. Don’t you dare bleeping question her, she has enough on her plate with the half million people ‘circling her bleeping carcass to tear strips off it’. Is SHE the ‘greasy cheap chicken wings’? Has she finally chosen her court costume?
  11. She actually disgusts herself. Cos she buys cheap meat now. That’s the only reason she can think of.
  12. She’s a ‘bodybuilding pescatarian’. It’s true, she can benchpress 93 kgs of Cotswold while spurting tinned mackerel into her mouth like Popeye.
  13. She endeth her day of shopping with the words: ‘cold, dark, sore, grumpy’. She writes so emotively about herself and her ... plight. Words to melt the dearest of hearts.
  14. And it worked. Her followers are up, she’s been sent money and has new patreon followers.

For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 140
If she doesn't have a trolley next week after someone bunged her a score (perfectly acceptable amount for a decent trolley) I'm going to do such a chaos on her thieving Mediterranean arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
If she doesn't have a trolley next week after someone bunged her a score (perfectly acceptable amount for a decent trolley) I'm going to do such a chaos on her thieving Mediterranean arse.
Someone has already sent her one, via her Agent 🤔 sure I read it on the last thread

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Someone has already sent her one, via her Agent 🤔 sure I read it on the last thread
I saw that too, so it's so weird that she says she's been saving up for one. Almost like she's faking needing one just so the poor squiggles send her cash. Surely not though. Not our Jackie. She earns all her money by the sweat of her brow, not by grifting.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Whenever I see those squiggles writing tit like that I always want to reply " She's not gonna shag you, mate"

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Thank God we had @kachoochoo then when the princess was busy showing videos to her cat!? Where are your priorities woman?!

thank you! I did my best! then here she comes, lording herself above everyone else, with her neverending notes! (that obviously I'm secretly very envious of and really wish i had tonight)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Went back to check on kind squiggle who sent her the score for the trolley. Follow up tweet shows you exactly who JM is getting money from. Potentially someone on a low income, far, far lower than Mack's.

IMG_20201019_002022.png

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 146
I've just been rethinking a previous post. Jack didn't demean herself by posing in her droopy scanties on social media.

It's completely impossible for Jack to demean herself given that she is already lower than the dregs of Cooper's litter tray when unemptied for a year. Scum of utter scum. Her poor parents must be so ashamed of this piece of pond scrapings.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.