Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have autism and ADHD this doesn't prevent me from going shopping.
It can make it overwhelming at times.
But do you know what? I go during quiet times.
Or I ask someone if I can just park up the trolley for a minute while I go outside and get myself together.
My local Lidl is really understanding about this.
Stop trying to make me and people like me into some sort of incapable bleeping morons.
Christ, I have a bleeping hate on for her today.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
a trolley with cats on? like the one the fan wanted but wasn't sure she could afford is it? that I said made me feel really sad?

ghoul
Yes, and bought with the change from her £20 shop for the last 5_6 weeks apparently. Except last week when it came to £20 exactly.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I remember my first rent being £17 a month, and Mars Bars being 21/2p (6d old money). My parent's first rent was 19 shillings a week. What has that got to do with prices today?
And my father's pay used to be £16 and buy your own uniform.

That was in 1935. Should I write to Jack and claim a conspiracy?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Rather than 'destroy' herself carrying too much all in one go, why not do a mid week top up shop?? It's not like she doesn't have the luxury of time and flexibility. I'm sure the fresh air and exercise would also help a little if she's so lonely all the time.
Why not just get it delivered!?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Well that is one of her twice-yearly relaxation periods gone. Wonder when she will fit in the next one?
She's already had it. She fell asleep after the school run the other day. She's all out of relaxation time till 2021 now.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I suppose having to walk to Asda and carry your shopping back home seems like quite the struggle story when you grew up with Mummy driving to Waitrose in the Land Rover

Whereas an average person would just see it as normal. Definitely not worthy of chronicling on Twitter

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
10.14am - going to supermarket

View attachment 279492
11.26am - back from supermarket

View attachment 279489

11.30am - 12.30pm NAPTIME

View attachment 279486

1.31pm - heading back to supermarket

View attachment 279480

2.34pm PHEW THAT TOOK ME ALL DAY!!! I'M KNACKERED!!!

View attachment 279483
Such bollocks. Walk there, buy all you need and then get the bus back!! It's not like she can't afford it, we all know about her Ocado deliveries FFS. Why is she doing this?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Why does she write about food when she hates it so much? She has the ability to buy nice food or decent cheap food but chooses not to. I wonder why she doesnt eat the same as her son, I do with with kids as it models good behaviour towards food and mealtimes. She also hates food shopping. If I was her I would pick another topic!!!

Reactions: 36
I suppose having to walk to Asda and carry your shopping back home seems like quite the struggle story when you grew up with Mummy driving to Waitrose in the Land Rover

Whereas an average person would just see it as normal. Definitely not worthy of chronicling on Twitter
Thissssssssss. This whole pity me schtick is so so exhausting.

Keeping these blank receipts for years isn't your 'job'. Nobody cares. This isn't the film Spotlight. You aren't a plucky journalist from the Boston Globe writing an expose, however much you wish you were. You're just poorly rehashing tit more qualified people have been talking about for years. You may as well scream into a plastic bag for all the good it will do you.

And your actual job (godawful food writer) you can't even do on time 😂 What a joke.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.