Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to the thread title queen @TriviaNewtonJohn ! 77 reactions šŸŽ‰
Also, congratulations to all of us for reaching the grand old age of 90. We are now a cabal of nonagenarian ninnies.

Recap of thread #89

1. Her stacked takeaway boxed meals in her defrosted freezer seemed to disprove Newtonā€™s Third Law of Motion. This is Jack Law of Motion: There will be a gap of literal air between two allegedly full boxes of food. Thanks @Veronicaaa for this.
  2. Jack Monroe Food Safety 101: Donā€™t go wasting money on decent Tupperware to freeze your batch bullshit in! Literally just reuse your foil containers and cardboard lids until one or all of your family members can no longer feel the left side of their body. If Jack says so, that means itā€™s o-kay.
  3. She locked her account and then opened it again. Cuckoo.
  4. She posted the same picture of a sandwich: one, twice, three times listeria.
  5. She made a really basic lentil soup sound hella complicated.
  6. Oh, do you like her lovely Denby bowl? Why, it was a charity shop purchase, of course. Gotta love a bargain! Or a patreon account!
  7. She makes dinner for 5pm so she can plate and shoot before the free (yep, itā€™s free for everyone) light goes. Clocks go back soon, Jack šŸ˜¬
  8. She keeps the fat from sausages in a jar. For ... forensic reasons?
  9. Garbage risotto, anyone? Cockle popcorn? Anyone?
  10. She made a peri-peri sardine dip with which to dip radishes. Not sure what the sauce reminds me of exactly, but she ā€˜pulled it offā€™.
  11. Oh, god. Also peri-peri devilled eggs. Nefariousness on a plate. Plate probably from a charity shop or puddle.
  12. She tried to insert herself into a Daily Mail / comedian-with-the-cute-puppy drama. Still reaching for that sidebar!
  13. When, oh when is she going to publish her recipe for anchoĆÆade?!
  14. Brexit is jokes to her on Twitter. She just has that kind of humour.
  15. The Burberry scarf (yep that one) may in fact pre-date the puddle. Thanks Silver and Lilamay for your pursuit of the truth.
  16. She made massacre in a bowl for breakfast. Hold me.
  17. Someone tell me where she buys her velvet curtains, cause I also want to look like Iā€™m miraculously 19 again.
  18. @Bugger13 finally solved the mystery of the livers (through the art of fiction) here.
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™

One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it wonā€™t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ā€˜Sheā€™s Lyingā€™ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jackā€™s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that sheā€™s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 124
Congratulations to the thread title queen @TriviaNewtonJohn ! 77 reactions šŸŽ‰
Also, congratulations to all of us for reaching the grand old age of 90. We are now a cabal of nonagenarian ninnies.

Recap of thread #89

1. Her stacked takeaway boxed meals in her defrosted freezer seemed to disprove Newtonā€™s Third Law of Motion. This is Jack Law of Motion: There will be a gap of literal air between two allegedly full boxes of food. Thanks @Veronicaaa for this.
  2. Jack Monroe Food Safety 101: Donā€™t go wasting money on decent Tupperware to freeze your batch bullshit in! Literally just reuse your foil containers and cardboard lids until one or all of your family members can no longer feel the left side of their body. If Jack says so, that means itā€™s o-kay.
  3. She locked her account and then opened it again. Cuckoo.
  4. She posted the same picture of a sandwich: one, twice, three times listeria.
  5. She made a really basic lentil soup sound hella complicated.
  6. Oh, do you like her lovely Denby bowl? Why, it was a charity shop purchase, of course. Gotta love a bargain! Or a patreon account!
  7. She makes dinner for 5pm so she can plate and shoot before the free (yep, itā€™s free for everyone) light goes. Clocks go back soon, Jack šŸ˜¬
  8. She keeps the fat from sausages in a jar. For ... forensic reasons?
  9. Garbage risotto, anyone? Cockle popcorn? Anyone?
  10. She made a peri-peri sardine dip with which to dip radishes. Not sure what the sauce reminds me of exactly, but she ā€˜pulled it offā€™.
  11. Oh, god. Also peri-peri devilled eggs. Nefariousness on a plate. Plate probably from a charity shop or puddle.
  12. She tried to insert herself into a Daily Mail / comedian-with-the-cute-puppy drama. Still reaching for that sidebar!
  13. When, oh when is she going to publish her recipe for anchoĆÆade?!
  14. Brexit is jokes to her on Twitter. She just has that kind of humour.
  15. The Burberry scarf (yep that one) may in fact pre-date the puddle. Thanks Silver and Lilamay for your pursuit of the truth.
  16. She made massacre in a bowl for breakfast. Hold me.
  17. Someone tell me where she buys her velvet curtains, cause I also want to look like Iā€™m miraculously 19 again.
  18. @Bugger13 finally solved the mystery of the livers (through the art of fiction) here.
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ā€˜s ā€˜Jack for Dummiesā€™ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jackā€™s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

ā€˜Babe, sameā€™

ā€˜I did a chaosā€™

ā€˜My maverick brainā€™

ā€˜My sad little faceā€™

ā€˜Iā€™m BUSYā€™

ā€˜I HOOTED / I am FIZZINGā€™

ā€˜I laughed up a lungā€™

One of Jackā€™s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfrausā„¢ļø. She also recently referred to us as ā€˜gossip mavensā€™ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ā€˜GrunkaLunkaā€™ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so thatā€™s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it wonā€™t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that itā€™s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ā€˜RIP Vivā€™ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putinā€™s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ā€˜horse spunkā€™ - there may be some horse ā€˜spiritā€™ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ā€˜Thank you so Matt much, Mattā€™, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ā€˜Now duck offā€™. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jackā€™s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ā€˜Sheā€™s Lyingā€™ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jackā€™s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that sheā€™s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a Ā£4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jackā€™s words: ā€˜She [Louisa] leftā€™.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ā€˜It just does.ā€™
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.

Here is a link to Jackā€™s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ā€˜Terrible!ā€™ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ā€˜s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we donā€™t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
Thank you lovely! Your recaps are the main reason I love these threads so much.

I'm kicking myself that I didn't say 'freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys' though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
@Pocahontas did you announce your recap retirement in the hopes weā€™d have a whip-round and get you a fancy retirement present? Did you have your eye on a Burberry scarf or smeg fridge perhaps?

Thanks for the new thread!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
"She locked and unlocked her twitter"

Jack's face when she gets that "Pocahontas tagged a thread" notification

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
@Pocahontas forever grateful that your thread recaps are just around the river bend.

Genuinely guffawed at ā€œ Literally just reuse your foil containers and cardboard lids until one or all of your family members can no longer feel the left side of their body. ā€

And then had the laughy eye wets at ā€œonce, twice, three times listeriaā€

I doff my cap.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
@Pocahontas one of your best yet šŸ¤£

Jack's use of Facetune was one of the first things that made me despise her. It was so obvious, yet she lied all the time about it, "good light, genes, diet" etc etc. I thought to myself, why is no-one else seeing this, what else is she lieing about? And the rest is history!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Iā€™m just sitting here shaking my head wondering when her followers will cotton on to her bullshit. I agree so much with what gerkin girl was saying in those comments about it being about HER and her months of poverty all the time. Autism is no excuse and to use it as an excuse for being a self indulgent c*** is awful too. Reading about her narcissism is reminding me so much of a former friend of mine. I think weā€™ve all known our own ā€œJackā€s. Luckily this person had no big social media following but Iā€™m sure sheā€™d be just as bad if she did. This friend of mine would always brag about being so great at everything. For example in an English class her story was used for years afterwards as an example of great work (like Jack being on the curriculum). She said she didnā€™t need to keep note of references doing a PhD because she could remember them all (wrong on so many levels- might have been trying to seem like Matt Damon from that movie I guess) and then constantly saying she was being bullied and sexually harassed at uni and her job when she would cause so much tit and drama. She was DESPERATE for attention and would always flirt with her friends boyfriends. She met one guy I was seeing for 15 minutes and while I was still with him the next day sent him a friend request šŸ™ƒ She was constantly texting guys because she needed validation. She was extremely toxic and I just couldnā€™t be bothered with the lies anymore. Needless to say the PhD was never completed (and I donā€™t know or care about the excuse) and her current boyfriend is 10 years younger, so poor guy doesnā€™t know what heā€™s in for. Sorry thatā€™s long and off topic but everything Jack does reminds me so much of her. I feel strangely vindicated by everyone recognising the narcissistic pattern.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
1602943570527.png

Ā£4.49 from Ocado. Add some hastily fried mushrooms on top.

Or just go for the actually vegan one, a steal at Ā£2.39

1602943771512.png

Ingredients
Champignons* 50%, Water, Coconut Milk*, Rice*, Sea Salt, Spices*, *Organic Products

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I do believe that Mom has a sterling sardine pate recipe. I will go and search. Edit. I searched and itā€™s in the Nigella Community forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Oh, look at the other soups on sale with Ocado.

1602944031078.png

What are the chances of that happening just as she's got all those ingredients to hand?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
@Pocahontas did you announce your recap retirement in the hopes weā€™d have a whip-round and get you a fancy retirement present? Did you have your eye on a Burberry scarf or smeg fridge perhaps?

Thanks for the new thread!
Lol!
It was my version of Jack unlocking and locking her Twitter šŸ˜‚ Needless to say, still waiting on my scarf, dammit! Going to have to create some more fake drama, thereā€™s a Denby set I have my eye on for Christmas ..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Iā€™m just sitting here shaking my head wondering when her followers will cotton on to her bullshit. I agree so much with what gerkin girl was saying in those comments about it being about HER and her months of poverty all the time. Autism is no excuse and to use it as an excuse for being a self indulgent c*** is awful too. Reading about her narcissism is reminding me so much of a former friend of mine. I think weā€™ve all known our own ā€œJackā€s. Luckily this person had no big social media following but Iā€™m sure sheā€™d be just as bad if she did. This friend of mine would always brag about being so great at everything. For example in an English class her story was used for years afterwards as an example of great work (like Jack being on the curriculum). She said she didnā€™t need to keep note of references doing a PhD because she could remember them all (wrong on so many levels- might have been trying to seem like Matt Damon from that movie I guess) and then constantly saying she was being bullied and sexually harassed at uni and her job when she would cause so much tit and drama. She was DESPERATE for attention and would always flirt with her friends boyfriends. She met one guy I was seeing for 15 minutes and while I was still with him the next day sent him a friend request šŸ™ƒ She was constantly texting guys because she needed validation. She was extremely toxic and I just couldnā€™t be bothered with the lies anymore. Needless to say the PhD was never completed (and I donā€™t know or care about the excuse) and her current boyfriend is 10 years younger, so poor guy doesnā€™t know what heā€™s in for. Sorry thatā€™s long and off topic but everything Jack does reminds me so much of her. I feel strangely vindicated by everyone recognising the narcissistic pattern.
Yes, I know someone like this. Queen of the snide put-down too that itā€™s impossible to call out. I think many of us know people like this & probably why we see through Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I cannot. Will not. Refuuuuuuse to believe that people are going to swallow some bull about a pair of bleeping CURTAINS are to thank for removing every last line on her face, and placing some nice white teeth over the top of her actual teeth (if you look, you can see the tips of her own teeth poking out the bottom). Come ON. The audacity of her to say these things like nobody will notice šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ FS Jack, stop it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
ā€˜how do you think youā€™ll be spending Saturday afternoons when youā€™re 49 Liz šŸ”ŗ?ā€™

ā€˜oh, marvelling at a stranger triangulating a mad womanā€™s lies about home made soup on the internetā€™

Oh, look at the other soups on sale with Ocado.

View attachment 278527

What are the chances of that happening just as she's got all those ingredients to hand?

• Haha
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.