Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So is she deliberately bragging when she drops in all her indulgent purchases or does she genuinely forget she’s (meant to be) poor? I *love* music but if I want to listen to it in the shower, I take my phone into my (one and only) bathroom. Want to force Mr Lenny to listen to music in bed (not a euphemism) - get Smooth Radio through the telly. No need for an extra radio!!!

I can’t make up my mind if she’s malicious or slowly losing grip of all the untruths
Honestly this! I’d love a Roberts radio, could afford one, but it’s obscene to spend >£100 on something that I’ll use less than an app on the phone I carry everywhere?! That’s adulthood tho init can’t cater to every whim you have, Jackie do take note pls x

The latest Apple event has shown mini homepods at £100 a pop, wonder how many Jackie will cop 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
So, for the last few weeks and months, Marcus has been busy fighting for meals for children. Jamie Oliver has been passionate about trying to keep UK food standards. And Jack’s been begging for Patreons by promising postcards of slop at a tenner a pop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
two boring things about things Jack has posted tonight

1) she said that nonsense about the radios a couple of weeks/months ago. It was boring then too.

2) when she was with Allegra she pretended to be a huge QPR fan - pics of her wearing scarves etc and how going to football was her new favourite thing to do.
I honestly don’t know anything about football other than having lived in the catchment area for West Ham superfandom, but it feels super weird she’d ever have been a QPR fan...? I don’t know if Southend have their own equivalent team but I find it hard to believe that would be QPR?!

Reactions: 10
We had to get our puppy PTS due to fits that vet attributes to probable brain tumour .It broke our hearts in space of few days we lost our girl 😢.My heart breaks that we were not with her at end because vet thought it would be too traumatic for us.She left being gently cuddled and held by vet while she put her to sleep.I still feel guilty she was not in my arms and if she wondered where we were vet reasurred us that she was "too far gone" by then but I miss her so much and feel I've betrayad her by getting another dog 😢
Had to let go of my best boy 2 years ago. We laid together on his bed in the vets and I cuddled him into the great beyond.
I couldn't look at his photos, couldn't stroke another dog, wouldn't even talk about getting another because of the 'betrayal'..
Then one day someone on FB posted a pic of the saddest dog I had ever seen. Looking at him shocked me.
I looked at my best boy's empty spot and a week later I had a dog with the most awful backstory.
Now, I have the funniest idiot ever.
He's not my best boy. But he will be.
He's WAY too different but he's a delight and every time he overcomes one of his awful fears, it's just, well, I can't explain.
(He was starving, he has cigarette burn scars and old gunshot wounds)
Sorry.. Totally OT but I wanted to say something.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Quite a few items there which weren’t in the £20 shop.
Not to mention the pecans she put on the porridge. Not really a bargain nut to have hanging around. So what is the point of the £20 shop if she’s not going to stick to it?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It was MSG

msg's too tasty for jack's food. it's something that one usually throws away apparently but absolutely NOT AQUAFABA. cos that smells like cat food

(for some reason I can't attach the my cat's breath... gif from the Samsung keyboard gifs and it's not on the giphy here so this is the next best thing 🤪)

anyway we'll never get to know, it's just another item on Jack's Big Pile of Forgotten Projects 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Weird how affecting animals can be. They are so truthful, I think

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Wowzer, I almost wish I was part of Jack Monroe's inner circle. The gifts are out of this world. Multiple digital radios now? They must have all felt really tit when they found out about her son going cold and hungry in his too-small clothes and her teetering on the top rung of a ladder taking out the lightbulbs to sell on ebay and unplugging the fridge.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
No wonder her outgoings are 90% of her wages - with at least two radios churning through the electricity for an undisclosed amount of time. Sheesh.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Had to let go of my best boy 2 years ago. We laid together on his bed in the vets and I cuddled him into the great beyond.
I couldn't look at his photos, couldn't stroke another dog, wouldn't even talk about getting another because of the 'betrayal'..
Then one day someone on FB posted a pic of the saddest dog I had ever seen. Looking at him shocked me.
I looked at my best boy's empty spot and a week later I had a dog with the most awful backstory.
Now, I have the funniest idiot ever.
He's not my best boy. But he will be.
He's WAY too different but he's a delight and every time he overcomes one of his awful fears, it's just, well, I can't explain.
(He was starving, he has cigarette burn scars and old gunshot wounds)
Sorry.. Totally OT but I wanted to say something.
Also, this made me cry xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Wowzer, I almost wish I was part of Jack Monroe's inner circle. The gifts are out of this world. Multiple digital radios now? They must have all felt really tit when they found out about her son going cold and hungry in his too-small clothes and her teetering on the top rung of a ladder taking out the lightbulbs to sell on ebay and unplugging the fridge.
Let's #neverforget Jack's newfound policy (since being gifted the Tracy Emin she has in her bathroom) of never selling anything someone has given to her. Because that would be wrong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I hate to hark back to the ‘food’ but... is anyone else slightly alarmed by the fat and salt content of her recipes. That puttanesca-alike soup with anchovies and olives - surely that would be too salty? Cheap bacon and hole sausage fat, slices of butter or lard - guaranteed to fur up the arteries!

None of the Jackolytes mention the nutritional values of her food they just gush about how wonderful it all is. It baffles me.

• Sick
Reactions: 32
Ah tit. Tonight it looks like she has decided to be “cerraaazy” comedy Jack. It’s going to be a long night. 😕😬🙄
Bugger, I'm too knackered to stay up and watch the shitshow unveil. Plenty to catch up on in the morning over coffee I suppose.

Can I go for a piss and a sleep now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Ah tit. Tonight it looks like she has decided to be “cerraaazy” comedy Jack. It’s going to be a long night. 😕😬🙄
I imagine this is what happens when the followers encourage her by saying stuff like "that sounds very autistic"

She gets giddy when she thinks *yuss, it's working* this is when the pov mask slips though and she starts revealing more expensive products she has or starts embellishing old anecdotes to keep the crowd going

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.