Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a tribute to her that you got another dog. Because of her you are giving a dog a wonderful life. Sorry for your loss.
Thanks for your kind words. They are both very different in personality's.I can only have some peace knowing our girl only had a short but happy time being loved by us .

• Heart
Reactions: 12
C2960CAF-3644-44B9-96AC-7EB18C8699F6.jpeg

This was in response to an american thrifty soup podcast thing. I can’t bear the return of rootin’ tootin’ yeehaw Jack.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
where's the sleep hygiene advice pls? thought you were going to bed at 8, not receiving adulation at 11. 🥴

Screenshot_20201013-231001_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 274957
This was in response to an american thrifty soup podcast thing. I can’t bear the return of rootin’ tootin’ yeehaw Jack.
FFS. When I hear the term "national treasure" I think of a Judi Dench or a Joanna Lumley, not someone who posts about bollock and eyelid sausage juice, rattles her begging tin while swanning around her house filled with high-end furniture, and deletes tweets on a near-hourly basis because she lacks the basic self-discipline to not post every thought that passes through her maverick brain.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
That's what I was trying to say from the beginning - ie two hours ago - that she has this sense of entitlement. LIke she's somehow "deserving"

Reactions: 12
Wonder if that’s why she is ramping up the begging?
I have 🔽 the 💩🏡 😬 no longer available in Feb 2021 - drama averted 🤞 😆

I work with someone who constantly talks about how they never give personal information and how nobody knows where they live. I found their house within about half an hour. I do believe it's possible to be completely anonymous but you need to not brag about it, because you leave clues and i like a challenge 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Babe, same!!
If she starts posting about West Wing I’m quitting social media
But she could actually have a west wing under all that furniture, so she could still mention the words? Just sayin! 🤫
I hate to hark back to the ‘food’ but... is anyone else slightly alarmed by the fat and salt content of her recipes. That puttanesca-alike soup with anchovies and olives - surely that would be too salty? Cheap bacon and hole sausage fat, slices of butter or lard - guaranteed to fur up the arteries!

None of the Jackolytes mention the nutritional values of her food they just gush about how wonderful it all is. It baffles me.
She will know about it in a few years time when her ticker starts playing up. Be careful you only come this way once. Cut down on the bad foods.

Reactions: 11
That's what I was trying to say from the beginning - ie two hours ago - that she has this sense of entitlement. LIke she's somehow "deserving"

yup. that's it in a nutshell. she's entitled to be the centrists' pet poor. despite the privileged upbringing and the crappy bungalow large (RENTED) house full of high end possessions.

now, have you read thread 31? it's the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Had to let go of my best boy 2 years ago. We laid together on his bed in the vets and I cuddled him into the great beyond.
I couldn't look at his photos, couldn't stroke another dog, wouldn't even talk about getting another because of the 'betrayal'..
Then one day someone on FB posted a pic of the saddest dog I had ever seen. Looking at him shocked me.
I looked at my best boy's empty spot and a week later I had a dog with the most awful backstory.
Now, I have the funniest idiot ever.
He's not my best boy. But he will be.
He's WAY too different but he's a delight and every time he overcomes one of his awful fears, it's just, well, I can't explain.
(He was starving, he has cigarette burn scars and old gunshot wounds)
Sorry.. Totally OT but I wanted to say something.
Now you’ve gone and done it, I’ve got the proper eye wets!
ETA so glad you could give another dog a home - he certainly deserves a happy one and it’s lovely he is coming out of his shell and overcoming his fears.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.