Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is why she gets me so riled up! I do believe she has mental health issues but she talks so much bollocks it's hard to believe anything she says. Is she implying here she has chronic depression/GAD and PTSD. I have been fighting depression my whole adult life (come back and hit me in the face with the whole COVID/lockdown bollocks) and have GAD - which is shite. I have an actual unrelenting stressful job and am barely holding it together right now. I have no paid sick leave so I have to just keep going as I have bills to pay and people who depend on me. She is literally spending all her time dicking about on twitter and napping and doing duck all. I would kill for some time to do that right now for my mental health and sanity!!! She clearly raking in the money as her purchases. TV appearances, book royalties/advance, tipjar, ads etc etc. She is in a privileged position which she should acknowledge, the pov cosplay will be the end of her as people will just stop taking her seriously. How much more mileage or articles can she get out of her brief experience with life on benefits!

And, no Jack, do not get a dog. You literally said a couple of weeks ago you were not in a position to get one and you resent your rabbit and your child. And if you can only spend £20 a week on shopping so you cannot afford a dog. My dog has been a lifesaver, granted, but I share the responsibility for looking after her and wouldn't get a puppy now

• Heart
Reactions: 51
View attachment 258426
Posted by @PennyLoafer in April.

But that was THEN.
Why would someone say this, assuming that the kid is old enough to hear and understand it. Even if someone thought it, that being a parent was exhausting or that it was too much of a challenge, surely the idea would be to play it off as generally fine, give it your best shot and if asked the question, bat it off with “oh no, one child is *rewarding* enough for me” etc... But nope, she has to be all forthright and brutal, at the expense of her actual kid’s feelings. This doesn’t come across as maverick, cool, candid and ‘raw’ as one imagines it was intended, it comes across as spiteful, oppressive and childish. And shines the spotlight on quite awful, tyrannical parenting.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I can't take mama-Jack seriously. If anyone is feeling sorry for her or actually believing this latest 'mourning for the other children she'll probably never have' sadfishing exercise, go watch the footage from the happy mum/happy baby podcast

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
'I'm okay. I'm just sad fishing for likes and attention and don't want any real interaction with someone who doesn't have a blue tick'

ETA: I am in the same age group as Jack and NOBODY I KNOW USES TWITTER LIKE THIS

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Why is she saying she can’t have another child? I AM NOT SUGGESTING IT A GOOD IDEA BY THE WAY 😲.
She is young enough to and could have a sperm donor.
I wouldn’t wish her on another child, but apart from looking after the child 24/7 (being a real single parent), paying for everything and handling all the emotional stuff, why not?

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.