Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who the duck can’t afford fresh veg, but CAN afford two identical coats and a dog??

My dog just cost me £400 for pretty much nothing, and he’s insured! Jack. You are a lying bleep.
It's not just the cost (though it *is* expensive), but - you all have said this already - it's the, uh, ~emotional labour~. I love my handsome son dearly but my god he's hard work! Slightly less so now than in the first few months, he's finally settled and secure, but I'm also something of a neurotic mess about him, constantly worried that something will terrible will befall him. He's a terrifying accident waiting to happen, whether it's choking to death on a block of stolen cheese or leaping into the middle of a busy road to chase a pigeon or get off his lead in a strange place and find himself lost - just a million imaginary scenarios which I can't help but worry about pretty much all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
View attachment 258775
tweeted and deleted.

View attachment 258780
🤢🤢🤢View attachment 258781
Wishing you hadn’t made it up said anything?
It's all such blatant lies. As anyone with children (and probably even those without) know, when you are getting ready for school and stuff is missing, you have NOT got time or the inclination to get out your phone and let social media know. The vast majority of the population would never, ever tweet any of this shite anyway, but even those insufferable mummy bloggers have the decency to turn their (made up) anecdotes into tales told after the (made up) event, whilst they have finally found time to sit down with their matcha latte and caught a breath after the whirlwind of their oh-so-busy lives.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Enjoying the silence today, but yesterday it was oppressive and caused tumultuous grief.

Stop taking photos of his food. It's messed up. Like he's hungry for breakfast and she's fannying about with a camera. And then saying he's "truffling away". Give him at least a shred of privacy and dignity and let him eat his breakfast in peace.

Who has time for all this tweeting in the midst of getting out to school? And two coats does not fit in with her poverty cosplay at all. She's slipped up there.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
And she has Hippocrate’s ‘First do no harm’ on her arm. Highly ironic, given how she repeatedly targets and attacks people on social media. She should read her arms more often.
Even more ironic considering the swill she’s asking people to eat!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 09.41.59.png

Well Jack's breakfast actually looked pretty nice, healthier than poor SB's too.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
View attachment 258814
Well Jack's breakfast actually looked pretty nice, healthier than poor SB's too.
So according to her time stamps, she was on the school run for around 40 minutes. I thought she had to climb mountains, sail ships and cross treacherous terrain to get to school? Or does she, in fact, have a go standard 15-20 minute walk/cycle each way?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
If I spent my time in the morning tweeting about every little mundane bit of minutiae, I wouldn’t get things achieved. We actually just wouldn’t leave the house. Wot r u like, Jack? Seriously? Get your kid up, get him breakfast, let him eat it without wanking about with photos of the syrup being poured (although to be fair, it looks dry AF and that tree frog is about to expire) but, honestly.
Wake up to yourself. He’s not a prop (your son, not the frog).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Totally didn't see this coming :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 09.55.48.png

ETA - thought you were 'toddling' off Jack, to go and do your 'Big Work'?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Bacon and banana??? Bacon and syrup 🤮banana and potato?? This does not compute. Mrs Cropley eat your heart out!
Honest to God, my month's doing that watery thing before you get the actual boak. The idea of the fighting textures and tastes of banana, bacon and syrup 🤢
It's not just the cost (though it *is* expensive), but - you all have said this already - it's the, uh, ~emotional labour~. I love my handsome son dearly but my god he's hard work! Slightly less so now than in the first few months, he's finally settled and secure, but I'm also something of a neurotic mess about him, constantly worried that something will terrible will befall him. He's a terrifying accident waiting to happen, whether it's choking to death on a block of stolen cheese or leaping into the middle of a busy road to chase a pigeon or get off his lead in a strange place and find himself lost - just a million imaginary scenarios which I can't help but worry about pretty much all the time.
This, very much this! The first few weeks after we got our dog I wondered wtf I had been thinking. I worry about him all the time, is he happy enough, am I feeding the right food, what if he escapes the house and I can't find him, why is he whinging, are these tablets safe for him, etc etc. Getting a dog is a joy, but it's also a serious responsibility, and I do not for one second believe she has given it serious enough thought. A few weeks ago like others have said, she said she wasn't in a place to do it right now. My insurance costs alone are about a quarter of her monthly food bill. That's for one small but important aspect of his care! I'd never get a dog unless I was in my own home, or had a secure tenancy.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Ugh fraus, am BUSY and constantly on the grunka express.

The dog, though. Did she actually say she was going to get a rescue? I find that hard to believe - she will be desperate to get a tiny puppy for the likes and photo ops, and while I don't know anything about rescuing a dog, I don't imagine they hold many wee pups (please correct me if I'm wrong). SO she will either lie and say the pound MIRACULOUSLY had the most adorable pathetic lil puppo (... :sick: ...) that was just made for her, or it'll be a friend of a friend who just happened to have a litter and has gifted her one. And then she'll finally have what she's always wanted - a vulnerable, dependant sentient (the mirror is getting too big for its boots) creature who is endlessly needy and loving towards her. Oh, and makes her seem like less of a psychopath. UGH.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.