Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Again, can you imagine NigellaMom or THAT MAN telling us how they feel about the amount of kids they have or the complicated reasons behind it. Get a diary, Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
oh my god sweet baby jesus. 😲View attachment 258366

eta the raw gut spilling tedium would probably be more amusing than this. please post it. 🙃
Has anyone told her that dogs are for life, not just 3 weekends out of 4?

She's grieving for having no more kids? Really? Or is she grieving for the last 10 years she's shown such resentment to him?

Coming from someone who has spent years, day in day out, listening to the silence of having no kids , duck off Jack(y) You don't know the meaning of the word heartache.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
Absolute fucknugget 😡

She’s doing a £20 weekly shop “for many reasons” yet wants to get a dog? Because they’re SO cheap to look after.

Attention seeking twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
For me a successful meal plan factors in that it's hard to predict exactly how the week pans out. I'm a big fan of having ingredients ready prepped in the fridge so I can assemble meals quickly. I'm vegan, so for me that means I have one or two types of pulses ready cooked in the fridge (they keep for around five days either in water or dressed), vegetables ready sliced or diced (root veg in airtight containers in water, other veg just sliced or chopped in airtight containers), some veg is great steamed and ready to go (sweet potatoes, butternut squash).I also gave one or two grains that takes longer than 10 minutes to cook (brown rice, quinoa, etc) ready in the fridge. I typically prep on sundays, but I'm not religious about it.
I then have several meals in mind for the week, depending on exactly what I've got in.
For example, I can make a quick lentil loaf (sautee onion, garlic and carrots with rosemary, add cooked lentils, oats, some stock and mustard, mix, put in loaf ton, bake) and put some veggies on a roasting tray alongside it.
Next day I might have stir fry of my ready prepped veg with rice noodles and a satay sauce.
The following day veggie burgers made out of the quinoa, some steamed sweet potatoes and beans. Served with a salad and potato wedges.
And then perhaps a veggie chilli with some brown rice.

But there are lots of meals you could create from those ingredients and that's the point. Maybe it gets hot and you just want a big salad with beans,steamed veggies and a nice dressing. Or you want a hearty soup. You can go either way, which means you aren't ridgedly stuck to a meal that no one fancies at that moment.

Home cooking is about being flexible within a structure. I'd hate to start each evening completely new. But I also dont want to eateftovers all the time. Prepping ingredients is a good compromise.
Please me my mom.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
How many days till deadline?
You've already done the burnout thing, you nincompoop. You asked for all the symptoms, got all the answers and ended up with a shitload of medication (which is not a cure).
You will have to think of another excuse 'gently and properly'.

ETA This has already been covered. As you were.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I swear part of the reason this year feels so weird is spending too much time ‘with’ Jack and her endlessly repeating cycles.
22C35694-D6B0-402F-A958-1AFD22F6F0C8.jpeg
290A5A4B-B253-4526-80DD-2E2BA2FD143A.jpeg

<Ron Burgundy - I don’t believe you gif>

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I absolutely cannot believe that this woman after the rabbits kitten and Guinea pigs that she would even contemplate a dog.. which is more work than all of those animals put together. She like Katie price should be banned from keeping animals.

I have two spaniels that need to be walked 3 or 4 times a day, cannot be left alone and obviously therer are limitations around not being able to go on holiday or for weekends away where dogs are not allowed. I am very stable and I can tell you now my animals are extremely hard work ! How can a clearly unstable person even contemplate getting a dog!! She is the most selfish idiot I have ever come across ! Never mind getting a dog concentrate on stability, routine and ensuring you sort your carry on out for your son. I'm absolutely fuming ! I had to take a break from these threads when she got the kitten as it was too upsetting for me and I hope for whatever poor animal is out there she is contemplating getting , for their sake it does not happen !

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
I swear part of the reason this year feels so weird is spending too much time ‘with’ Jack and her endlessly repeating cycles. View attachment 258393View attachment 258398
<Ron Burgundy - I don’t believe you gif>
I said it before in my first sojourn to these parts in the Summer, but I genuinely don't think Jack enjoys being a cookery / food writer. I presume that's the 'responsibility' to which she alludes, which makes me wonder why she doesn't just keep up the blog but get a steady job with less profile / pressure.

I follow a lot of food influencers (some of whom are far better known than Jack, some of whom have a fraction of her followers) but they all seem to genuinely love what they do and it really shows in their writing and their social profiles. I don't get that sense, anymore, from her.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Louisa's channel 4 news was very good tonight. I can't help think this is something to do with getting her attention or something.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I one of her friends or family has a responsibility to have a very frank talk with her, she is not cut out for public life she is far to sensitive, she not an academic, setting herself up to fail on this book. I am certain she is living beyond her means. Lastly I think she is seriously over medicated.

Reactions: 29
I know I’m a bastard but I really hope she develops a bald spot.
Tbh I'm surprised she hasn't claimed trichotillomania as one of her ailments - she talks about hair loss enough and several of us have mentioned it on here before and it would fit into her narrative

Reactions: 23
I absolutely cannot believe that this woman after the rabbits kitten and Guinea pigs that she would even contemplate a dog.. which is more work than all of those animals put together. She like Katie price should be banned from keeping animals.

I have two spaniels that need to be walked 3 or 4 times a day, cannot be left alone and obviously therer are limitations around not being able to go on holiday or for weekends away where dogs are not allowed. I am very stable and I can tell you now my animals are extremely hard work ! How can a clearly unstable person even contemplate getting a dog!! She is the most selfish idiot I have ever come across ! Never mind getting a dog concentrate on stability, routine and ensuring you sort your carry on out for your son. I'm absolutely fuming ! I had to take a break from these threads when she got the kitten as it was too upsetting for me and I hope for whatever poor animal is out there she is contemplating getting , for their sake it does not happen !
Try not to let her upset you @Melmoo. ❤There are many, many mad dog (and other pet companion) ladies involved in many rescues across the UK who 👀.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.